Frenzic's Rule Set Proposal

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It would be good if waking the sleeper was not part of the criteria for unlocking the next expansion. From what I remember the event bugged and a number of zones crashed. Leaving the sleeper untouched means the zone does not change, it also means there is a possibility to repeat feat done by the RZ server of actually killing the sleeper during a later expansion...
  2. Frenzic Augur

OH Rulu, now I remember you. You and your group were from the previous IV, I joined just for sleeper. I joined the guild months before the server launched and I really liked the people, even formed a perma group, but I don't recall who they were. I was Ravenger the only wood elf warrior in the guild. I didn't play too many expansions though because of the speed of unlocks, was a big disappointment.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  3. Frenzic Augur

The hacking was never fixed. The more blatant hackers got caught in a ban wave, but it did not catch all of them, just the really stupid ones. The same hacks that existed back then, exist now.

Your time table is much too quick for my taste. I don't want another Combine. In your timeline we'd be in Luclin 5-6 months after the server launches/
    Jezzie likes this.
  4. Irbax_Smoo Augur

Yup, I remember you. It is really hard to forget a wood elf warrior. lol We were a rare breed with me being a gnome and you a woodie; we stood out among all the dwarves and ogres.

Look forward to seeing you at launch bro, keep challenging that status quo. :)
    Frenzic likes this.
  5. Grish Augur

We would probably hit Luclin after about 9-10 months. People have to farm VP keys, then ST keys. 9-10 months is realistic, 6 is not.

As to the rampant hacking, yes, hacking never went away nor will it. But the obvious zoning and warping did go away for the most part after the first big ban waves and again in a couple subsequent ban waves. They will never stop . They can only hope to contain it.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  6. Frenzic Augur

Lol yup. I went woodelf cause they look awesome in plate armor. Went ogre warrior on fippy though, I've always liked them since my Tallon days. This time around I will not be a warrior at all unfortunately.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  7. Irbax_Smoo Augur

Now, to help keep this thread on track, because I feel like I nearly derailed it. Apologies.

The time frame could be shortened if they reduce respawn times on VP key mobs. However, it really depends on how many people are competing for the spawns. It could be incredibly short or take an eternity based solely on the server's composition. You obviously have the guilds whom are going to be after it, but then you get people who want to apply to those guilds, people whom do it for themselves "just because" and those actively trying to block progression for others. This alone makes the VP key a major PITA. On top of that, you need more than a few people to get keyed to finish off the zone, which only exacerbates the problem.

There are a lot more ways for getting ST keys now than there used to be and a group of 6 can do a lot of damage in the Tomb. Primal weapons seemed (we could have just been very lucky) to drop a lot more on progression than in the past, which was a major impact for melee dps. You certainly don't need a traditional raid force to take down all the warders and Sleepers Tomb is kind of a joke.

I don't really see ST keys as a huge problem, especially compared to VP keys. However, spawn times could be readjusted for medallion mobs. The only problem it doesn't solve are the people killing the mobs just to keep others from getting the pieces. I know this happens, because I was one of several people who did this for that specific reason on both progression servers sets.

If they just straight up do a hard unlock, despite progression, then it doesn't matter that much. However, I think 10 months could be pushing it, but 6 months may be too short.

If unlocking content becomes a component, I found that some epic weapons and Velious armor quests were the largest set backs (pre-Luclin). On Sleeper we were held back by the CT drop needed for the SK epic, but I believe they changed the model slightly for Fippy/Vulak. I don't remember every single box being checked off before we moved to the next expansion, but I could be wrong. I really just didn't care that much about Vulak, minus about 2 handfuls of people I played with in EoE.
  8. Zinth Augur

Was just thinking about some additions to your rules... They can flag the defiant stuff to drop or not... So make it NEVER drop on the progression server... No newbie armor either... EVER... and NO tutorial EVER.

Then it would be a perfect server :)
    Zoggzog likes this.
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Defiant did not drop nor was the tutorial an option when Fippy launched. To quote Meatloaf "two out of three ain't bad"...
  10. Vaclav Augur

Well, he did say "EVER" they did get enabled around TSS or so.
  11. Mezrah Augur

True enough, but unless it was a locked server at a particular expansion it would not be a progression server if those things did not appear when the relevant expansion arrived.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  12. Basak Augur

I enjoyed the Tutorial .., Defiant made me cancel my subscriptions. I would love a server where it never comes into play, I may actually be able to enjoy the game again.
    Zinth likes this.
  13. Zinth Augur

Defiant killed the reason to GO to the "old" zones, be it classic or luclin or "insert expansion here" if you want life in the zones, then people need to go where the stuff is, and not just shovel the stuff into everywhere.
  14. glute New Member

I would rather be locked 8 months to a year on each release. 2 months and 4 months and the good expansions will be played through too fast.
  15. Darigaz New Member

Some amazing ideas in this thread. Everyone should read the first three pages of this.
  16. Frenzic Augur

It's been about a week since I posted an update to my idea list. I've had some really good conversations with friends and made some tweaks here and there. I'm sure I missed some things, so just post here with your idea and I'll see if I can get it added. Without further ado, I present my perfect server 2.0---

Frenzic's Time Locked Progression Server Rule Set 2.0

General changes-

• Reduce experience by a set percentage
    • Remove out of era quest/mobs/items/mechanics
    • With server resets players are able to move their characters to a live server
    • Server resets require a very high percentage of votes in favor and only a high level character can vote on these polls
    Reduce overall experience gained on the server similarly to how Test server has a bonus. Remove out of era quest, mobs, items and mechanics such as-
    1. Noobie quest
    2. RAF experience bonus
    3. Plane of hate 2.0 armor/weapons
    4. Out of combat regeneration
    5. Marketplace items with stats/effects
    6. Quest items/dropable items that are out of era

I propose two servers be launched and run concurrently

Server A-
    • Time released expansions one month after all raid content is defeated
    • Fully contested raid content, winner to be determined via DPS race
    • Cosmetic rewards given out to players for being first in certain areas
    • Server reset votes to take place every expansion launch
    This server will be for the more competitive of the player base. A server where releases are faster and all content is contested and competitive. The later expansions will have competition via first to kill in order to earn the rewards. Cosmetic rewards can be anything from titles to guild flag decorations, ect... The server reset vote will allow the server to decide when it's time to begin the race again. In order for the server to reset, a very high percentage need to vote in favor.

Server B-
    • Time released expansions based on a predetermined slower timeline
    • Contested raids with instancing included
    • Reset vote to take place every expansion launch
    This option is a slower paced "relax and smell the roses" server. The expansion timeline will be slower than we've seen in the past and decided on before the server launches. Raid and rare epic mobs can be spawned via new in game mechanics. Server resets will require an overwhelming percent of the vote in favor.

The instancing mechanic works as follows:

An instanced version of the zone, in which a raid target normally spawns, will be available to any player via the expedition system. In order to summon an expedition there must be 36+ players in the raid. Once summoned all players in the expedition will be flagged for a lockout that is one week long. The instance will stay up for a set amount of time, allowing players to wipe and attempt again until time runs out. Players may be added and/or removed but the one week lockout occurs upon adding a player, not the defeat of the raid boss.
    Mezrah likes this.
  17. -Arkadius- New Member

There is a major issue to the flaw for instanced raid content....its recoding the game and or would require key flagging etc, I highly doubt the devs want to spend the resources to do this plus it makes the game more like WoW which is . Some custom servers have this implemented but it is tedious. EQ has always been about bragging rights, competition etc etc, learn to keep up or get left behind like it was in 99
  18. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I agree with your post, but being the pedantic sod that I am, I have to ask how Plane of Sky quests fit into it. Whilst the mobs and the quests were in during the original Classic era, none of the latter quests could be completed as no one cleared Sky until after Kunark launched. This also include the Noble/Overseer/Hand cycle...I believe some of the items from those latter quests are better than anything pre velious,
  19. Frenzic Augur

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but server A seems right for you friend.
  20. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I was part of a European raiding guild on Solusek Ro in 99. I was part of a raiding guild on Fippy. The problem I have with your statement, is that different people have different definitions of what constitutes competition. To way too many people, competition is violating the games Terms of Services by either training people or using 3rd party software (removed list of ways people cheated on Fippy to prevent thread being deleted). To me that is not competition, that is cheating, and the people should have ALL their accounts permanently banned from the game.
    anathema and Frenzic like this.