Frenzic's Rule Set Proposal

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Frenzic, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Jaxarale01 Augur

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/progression-server-this-summer.218771/

2 months prior to your post instancing was being called for by many. This is the original thread where Holly verifies there will be a TLP...
    Yes it is safe to say they have had plenty of time...

*fixed that "me" for ya as I am sure you didn't mean to take the credit of all of "US" that knew well beforehand*
  2. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Admit it, you only supported instancing so you could get free loot ;-).

A thread from prior to launch when we still had optimism about the forthcoming TLP, optimism squandered, Frenzic you Ogre Necromancer..
    MaestroM and Frenzic like this.
  3. Vaclav Augur

To be fair, Jax. I forget if that was our first batch - but Frenzic and I both were making this call less formally on the first page of that thread. He's been on board as long as I have - and you know I was among the first.
    Frenzic likes this.
  4. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

The 1st post in this thread was from the 4th of March, the first in the one you linked from the 16th of March...
    Frenzic likes this.
  5. Jaxarale01 Augur

Wrong page... posting on my phone sucks... the point stands... this was being called for by many of us from day one. Yes I know F was there with us. The point was to show that even earlier than what he reposted we were asking for instancing... DB was just playing dumb from the beginning.
  6. Mezrah Augur

Aye ;-)
  7. Elkay Augur

I would play on this server, even over the anti-boxing server.
  8. Ceffener Augur

I would play in it even if it was named

"filthy casuals".

The smartest thing to do from a business perspective would be to provide something (within reason) to your entire player base.
  9. Friday Augur

Am confused. Frenzic, are you lobbying for changes to the server you and TL already basically own? Or looking to dictate terms for the newly mentioned server with a projected winter launch? You know it is going to be 1 box, right? You were instrumental in accelerating the progression on RF, and now you are not happy/bored with it? I mean, that server basically belongs to you and TL to dictate terms as you wish, and many, myself included, cant get off of it fast enough because of it.

So we go on the new server and say, coincidentally, they go with your suggested rules set. What happens when you start thinking that 4months was a miscalculation and you want Vellious sooner or later than you thought or you want a voting server after all? Start another campaign to upend the rules set again?

I dont have anything against you personally and am totally happy to acknowledge that you and TL "won" RF and own it symbolically if not actually, but frankly I was hoping for a casual slow progression server where one box old grognards like myself could leisurely meander far away from your rat race pace and control freak nature (reference the OP). I am old school, so I kind of lean towards "you broke it, you bought it" in regards to you staying on Ragefire, but am learned enough about your particular personality disorders to know that you would have a dozen things to say about that, soooo.....maybe you could just do us a solid and tell us where you are not going to be? Lockjaw, perhaps?
  10. Frenzic Augur

Pretty much everything you said is false. I'm not lobbying for changes, see original post date. I'm simply pointing out that myself and many others, had much better ideas months before TLP 3.0 launched. We tried to get them heard and they were shot down for crap reasons. Not classic was the meme going around. Now here we are with a custom rule set server and it's still a crap show.

This has nothing to do with TL, this is my personal opinion on the matter. I believed then as I do now, that raids should be instanced in all expansions. I believe there should be lockout timers that are long so that the top guilds killing the open world versions, still have the edge. Originally I proposed a double spawn time lockout. Meaning Nagafen spawns every 3.5 days so the instance lockout would be 7 days ect.

I posted all this long before any talk of a new no boxer server was in the minds of the devs.
    Elkay, Barton and Mezrah like this.
  11. Friday Augur

"Its still a crap show" so...wipe and flush off to the next? You done with RF? Understand, quite a few of us are looking for a place to play EQ for years; your mentality seems to be these servers are disposable, and after the mage army, botting, exploiting, krono racketeering, the economy is pretty much trashed, tradeskills a dubious endeavor at best, and RF doesn't look so good for a long term bet. LJ is little better, and soon to be the worse for wear after transfers.

What I would like to see is you and players like you get what you want, and players like me get what we want. Both kinds of players help to pay the rent. What I lobbied for @ the beginning was a fast progression and max nostalgia, both. Now we have scrambled eggs. Perhaps the next installment will feature twin servers, one casual and one hardcore, both one box. What I don't want is to play on a server with folks who insist on ordering up like it is burger king, where you would most likely feel more at home (i.e. "Frenzic's Time Locked Progression Rules set 1.0" etc.)
  12. Frenzic Augur

You sound angry just for the sake of being angry. This post is all over the place.

Where, in all my thoughtful intelligent post, did you see anything close to this?

Completely irrelevant... I too was looking for a good server to play on. Point?

Again... where did you see me say anything close to this?

The players didn't cause the mess, Daybreak did. They refused to listen to their player base and did what they wanted. Mage armies are a byproduct of allowing krono. Exploits/bots are a byproduct of zero CS.

You mean exactly what I posted months ago in this very thread that you seem to be bashing? /boggle

I carefully and thoughtfully laid out ideas for a server where players from all styles could enjoy themselves. My ideas, along with others, were well received by the community. This wasn't a guy hand picking crazy niche rules and trying to sell them. It was a guy trying to bring a community together with rules that everyone could enjoy.

To sum up my response to you...

[IMG]
    Elkay likes this.
  13. Elkay Augur

I would push hard for the proposed ruleset here, even over the no-boxing server preliminarily proposed by DBG. I would gladly rather vote for this one. We as a community should at least get DBG to let us vote for what we want, rather than them just cramming down our throats what they think we want yet again.
    Frenzic likes this.
  14. Ceffener Augur

I respect this proposal, maybe some minor tweaks (have votes and follow them). It is actually a server were both play styles can coexist.

I am more confused why when I suggested this very thing in our nice 100 page instancing thread it was flamed for "ruining competition", "being a carebear cry baby", "wanting welfare loot". Etc.

I'd also be perfectly happy if they decide these two groups of people shouldn't be put together on the same server. I just feel it's better for the health of the server to keep the population higher, but also happy.
    Frenzic likes this.
  15. Korvalain Journeyman

I don't post often but i read a lot, and i think Frenzic takes a lot of sh** on these boards for playing the game his way. This is not right, and given the fact that he pays for this game the same as any of us makes the nay-sayers hypocrites.

That said his post here is in my opinion very fair and sounds like a good healthy reasonable approach to creating a server that takes into account, Fippy, RF, and LJ's bullsh** that has occurred. And from what i read there has been a lot of bullsh**over the course of a year.

I agree that "if" daybreak attempts to lure the population out, earn more revenue by creating an alternate ruleset (a third time?), than they really need to acknowledge Frenzic's suggestions (verbally confirming they were at least considered) and that having the gall to say casuals shouldn't raid is a mentality that alienates a percentage of players, but also seems to advocate a 1999 mentality that doesn't work for MMO's anymore.

It's disappointing to hear from the game proprietor that as a casual with kids and a family (less playtime than most), that I am less valued than the guy that has the time and energy to invest into their game. Ultimately this is a subscription model, and I chose not to play on live for a reason, right? Why is it I can't experience a raid with a PUG, or meet some nice folks in a bigger guild and accompany them one day? I am a casual, but I can raid. There is only a difference in my expectations of raiding for me though.

The difference between being a Casual Raider (myself) and a hardcore raider is in the expectations. I do not expect to be given my Planar Boss gear, i do not expect to be fully geared in every slot and "win" eq... i just expect to be able to play the game and be valued the same as any other paying customer. I would go to see the bosses, die to them if need be as a part of a team of players all with various skill sets and mindsets. Isn't that what defines a MMO? What the hell are we all doing then?

Some would do well to keep this in mind when they whine about instancing raids, or expect DBG to honor their "give me loots" emo. EQ was never an easy game, should never be an easy game, but it was the best game ever created when it comes to developing long term friendships, relationships, partnerships that although amount to simple names in a friend list mean so much more over time as you as the player are forced to actually remember who it was you played with yesterday.

In TLDR,
    DBG needs to communicate far better to the population.
    DBG needs to learn from all of these mistakes and recognize ALL suggestions made in a clear concise way.
    The community needs to quit the friggen EMO when sh** happens, and leave the TL-hate/krono/bot farming topic out of good constructive discussions.
    The average wow-addicted, nonconstructive whiny flamers and trolls need to GT-EFF-O and go back to battle.net.
    Frenzic +1 for your suggestions. Keep on truckin'. ;)
    Elkay and Frenzic like this.