Fragment of Legendary Alaran History

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toruch Fleshrot, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Looking for best solo areas for evolving the Fragment of Legendary Alaran History . Someone told me Shards landing arena was good, but was wondering about adds there since it's so packed. Any other areas will be welcomed.
  2. Cicelee Augur

In no particular order...

1. Shards Landing
    2. Sarith quest where you kill a bunch of trivial Alarans, drop task, then get same one... Repeating over and over
    3. Doing the four Pillars of Alra tasks for a guaranteed four every six hours, plus whatever extra you loot off of Alarans you kill...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I would go with #3. I have killed multiple hundreds of alarans in the past couple years, and have gotten TWO fragments to drop. A guaranteed (well, kind of, have to be able to complete each task in less than 30 minutes) drop seems better to me, and amounts to a much better drop rate than anything else I've seen.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Pillars quest
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Sarith task all the way if only doing it for one toon. Nets you a lot of tradeskill junk/diamonds to boot.
    Sancus likes this.
  6. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Any idea of the Sarith quest name?
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Rebel Assault or something like that. You need partisan of sarith to request it. With advanced loot now gotta be cake.

Since you’re on Drinal send me a tell, I can walk you through it.
  8. Orbital101 Augur

Pillar quests(specially if doing multiple toons) when up and Shard Landing in between lock out... Forget about that VoA mission that was the best spot pre Shard Landing that came with higher % drop rate, think is 2% maybe 1.5%? VS 1% from VoA. I know I have that post from a dev some where but after maxing 6 tears I can say that even if it is .5% it does a difference. Its almost if not even faster just doing SL for one toon.
    Tucoh and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I believe you really mean the Tears of Alaris, not Fragment of Legendary Alaran History. The Fragment of Legendary Alaran History is an item that helps you evolve the Tears, not the actual task.

Here is what I have on the Tears: http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Tears_of_Alaris

Doing these quests will give you a Fragment of Legendary Alaran History if you do the optional step in them: http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Tears_of_Alaris#Quests

Rebel Assault: https://voa.eqresource.com/rebelassault.php should give you faction by killing Alarans but I do not see the Fragment of Legendary Alaran History as a reward, just based on the write up.

Be advised, I do not know much besides what is on my wiki page. So I could be wrong about Rebel Assault.

Killing any Alaran does have a tiny chance to drop a Fragment of Legendary Alaran History.
  10. svann Augur

The 5 pillars quests.
  11. Orienn TreeHugger

If you have a class that can headshot/assassinate/decap I found the arena in shards landing to be a good spot for that I maxed out 2 tears that way. Pillars quests too to break the boredom of the grind.
  12. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

What about a level 100 Necro , pet and healer Merc?
  13. Angre Augur

I had good luck in CoB (City of Bronze). Running around the outside halls that surrounds the buildings on the inside of the city limits, and then, the Sepulcher entrance, and all the Fountain areas, then eventually to the Jail/Libary. I believe it took me 3 weeks to gather enough Fragments to take my lvl 11 Tear to the max. I spent 3 hrs a day, specifically for this evolve and collection of fragments, saved up 120 fragments, then clicked them, and Got the tear aug, type 3.

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
  14. Orienn TreeHugger

Could probably goto Sarith or one of the lower level zones with alarans and just grind them that way, make sure you save all the fragments and try to let the tear level itself on kills. I got to level 16 before I started using the fragments to gain levels.

Edit: City of bronze too would be decent.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The central part of the epicenter(RoF) has a lot of ghost alarans, if you just want to slaughter.

If you do VoA-progression in its entirety after the first pilgrimage-quest, you will get it up to around level 10-11, without having to repeat anything, just to put it in perspective...:) Probably the most entertaining way to to level it, but it wont be nearly enough.
  16. Thrillho Augur

I nearly went mad maxing mine out. 6?

This is probably one of the most important things about maxing out the Tear. Each fragment adds 5% to the Tear, regardless of where the Tear is at in its progression. Whereas each kill adds more % in the lower levels than it does in the higher levels. If you need 100 kills to go from 1 to 2, each fragment is worth 5 kills. If you need 10,000 to go from 10 to 11, each fragment is worth 500 kills. And 1,000,000 to go from 19 to 20, 50,000 kills. It gets exponentially worse as you go on - those numbers aren't the true numbers.

I've wondered about this. I've kept my The Tears of Alaris in my ammo slot as is instead of converting it to the type 3. Dodge still gets modified with it being in this slot, so I assume it does still work here. And by not converting it to type 3, I save myself a type 3 slot. If I were to use a throwing item, I would bandolier over for it anyway (range isn't a throwing range), and I wouldn't need the dodge modifier there in the first place. I would assume it's the same for those with bows - bandolier out for an arrow, bandolier back in for the Tear.
  17. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Where is this exactly?
  18. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

At level 100 Rebel Assault was still the best way to do this imo, especially if only for one character (not boxing). They still con light blue at 100. At 105 they've gone green, and the evolution per kill goes down. Request mission, pull the first two big groups of alarans, maybe it's like 20 mobs total iirc? They are massively underpowered mobs that die in seconds. Slaughter, drop mission while finishing off the last couple mobs, repeat.
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It makes me twitch to think about all the looting of each mob I did in Rebel Assault to max my Tear. The Advl window wasn't out yet lol.

Don't discount the City of Bronze suggestion, it's mindless and less annoying than flipping an instance. Just go around the main street a long the city wall and slaughter. It's a great way to PL a box in tow. The mobs are so puny now, melee can just equip a 2Hander and the riposte destroys them. Your Merc will be quite bored.

If the OP is doing this on his Necro, your pet will laugh at the mobs. HEEHEEHEE
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Big circular room, I seem to remember a lot of alaran ghosts there, also in the tunnels around the center.
    They should still con darkblue at 105.

[IMG]