Fragment of Legendary Alaran History

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toruch Fleshrot, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

If working the Tear on multiple chars at the same time, I highly recommend the Pillars tasks. 3 of the 4 are very easy to get the bonus step on, which results in a Fragment for each char in the task. Each mission takes about 20 mins, so you end up with 3 x how ever many chars (up to 6) in an hour. the lock out is the only downside, so after the 3 tasks go hit up one of the other methods mentioned. On a plus side you get random frag drops off trash while doing the pillars mission as well.
  2. svann Augur

I see this repeated so often but its not true. In earlier levels of evolution a click gives 10% or more. Otoh, evolution from killing gives far less xp once you hit 101 regardless of the level of the tear.
  3. Thrillho Augur

With the exception of level 10, each Fragment click gives progressively more and more xp, and while the 5% was wrong (I didn't realize it had changed for lower levels), it's still more advantageous to save them all until you have all that you need. Clicking at level 19 gives you 5%, or 37013 xp as noted above, which is more than the total xp required to get to level 3 (31940). Even though you get 25% xp at level 2 to 3, you still get less than if you had saved your click.

Curious as to what is needed, I created a Google spreadsheet containing the XP required as noted in a previous post. Putting in the xp gained per kill, % drop rate (assumed 1%), and the current level of the tear (1), it'll tell you how many kills you need... very roughly. I didn't account for partial levels. Interpolate as you see fit. And the early levels don't account for the higher % clicks in terms of total fragments required, but that really doesn't make a difference in the bottom line.

Spreadsheet available for download at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UAq9TNue85BZvJBUuQq5IhqAcNuUSeo1IJ4CmvWGm8o/edit?usp=sharing

Should give you a rough estimate. Interesting to note, the number of red con solo kills needed (131 xp) is about 8500, whereas the solo kills needed for dark blue (71 xp) is about 11,000, light blue (30 xp) is about 15,000, and green (20 xp) is only 17,000. You need twice as many green kills as you do red, yet you can swarm dozens of greens at once with little issue.
  4. Inga Elder

Sorry, I made mistake. These numbers are for dark blue solo.

You need 673 /con white alarans for level 10 Tear. From level 10 to level 13, you need additional 1256.

For level 101 or higher, there is penalty for regular/AA exp in RoF/VoA. I think it is about 10% per level, but you will still get good exp at level 102 when you do root rotting solo in Epicenter.
  5. Kiras Augur

Which first two big groups are you referring to? When you start it, there's a group of of Riago's mobs (~15 of them). After that are a few spread out trash mobs, followed by 12 hadal mobs, then the final fight at city hall with ~20 mobs (Archon's mobs).

Between each clump of mobs is a bit of npcs running (you can speed them up with runspeed buffs) and hailing. I haven't done this enough times yet to know for sure if Hadal do or don't drop fragments.

Are you killing all the way through the town hall squad, dropping after Riago's, or something else?
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Honestly it's been a few years, I just remember doing all of it in 2 big pulls. There's that first group of like 12-15 Alarans all together right when you start, and then I believe my 2nd pull was like 10ish separate Alaran spawns in the area just past that. Had to round up the 2nd pull a bit from a couple different spots. Definitely don't need to kill any hadals or anything non-Alaran.
  7. lockjaws Augur

8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm not sure why you dug up this old thread when we have a current thread that answers your question.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...legendary-alaran-history.265928/#post-3906214

Pawtato said:
    “But you have the mobs flagged [to only drop fragment if light blue or higher] to discourage grinding...”
    So, yes, the missions will give you them if you do the proper optional steps but mobs will not if your level is too high.
    Celephane and Yinla like this.
  9. lockjaws Augur

Web search result. Thanks for the current/active link.
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

Fanra and Orbital101 like this.
  11. Kolani Augur

A little thing that we learned on Firiona Vie back in the day: if you're in a raid, Trivial Loot Code doesn't check to see if the mobs are grey.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This change on Test I think appeases all players very well. Bravo on the change! :)