For the Anniversary... New Race/Class Combos?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LDEffectsMe, Mar 1, 2020.

1. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

They have said its that they would "need" to make all the low level quests and class content for them. They won't take us at our word that most people couldn't care less about any of that.
  2. Hepcat New Member

The obvious choice is a Dwarven Bard if you don't believe me watch this !!

3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

ding ding ding we have a winner paying attention!
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Until the TLP folks speak up wanting equal rights
  5. Xanumbik Augur

I never did understand why the Marr twins aren't an option for Deities for Barbarians. I could kind of see Barbarians being paladins if they were allowed to pick one of the twins as their Deity but the way the lore reads now they are more into quick gratification and lack the impulse for deep philosophical beliefs and studies.
  6. Stom New Member

I am all for the Drakkin\Bst with a dragon pet. Would switch to that in a heart beat!!
  7. mikey anchorage Journeyman

All this if he has i want is ruining EQ
  8. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

But what could you add now that would make it enough to feel unique and genuine? I've already stated with Classic EQ, just about every race and class had it's own advantages and disadvantages and felt needed in some way. Either through starting cites that were more helpful in obtaining exp or resources, starting perks of canceling frontal stun, see in the dark, more strength, agility, wisdom, more friendly and likable races you could turn to, natural armor, etc.

While a paladin could work in a crunch between a warrior and a cleric, it was not the best at either. Same with that one magic class was basically there to craft and or teleport people before the teleporting books came. A ranger was ideal for tracking or avoiding enemies. A necro to both find and bring back your corpse and a cleric to resurrect you, other wise you lost all your items and gold on your person and you lost a lot of exp, perhaps that whole day's worth or at the very least a few hours. And while some of the old is still mixed with the new, it is not as taxing as it once was. More friendlier if you will. Even the shadowy rouge with his or her hairy feet were welcomed and even sought out for certain tasks.

Now just about anyone can do anything with in reason at some high level, provided you are not expecting the two extremes of a coin, a warrior being a mage and a mage being a warrior. There are still strengths and weaknesses of course, but they are no where near what they used to be. When you played a race and a class back then you played THAT race and class. Now it's just more generic feeling. I am not even sure what to say about the froglok race... o_O