EXP Rate on Phinny - Can we get an adjustment

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Horathmir, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaramis Augur

Please tell me someone has made a guild called CIFNFC. Or even Filthy Casuals.

If so, looking to join please.
  2. Xelor New Member

Anyone who started at the beginning of the server had a massive exp advantage over anyone who joined later through word of mouth.

I would not recommend to any of my old eq friends to load up an account and pay the subscription. The part they are returning for was not the grind that is presented, but another chance to go back in time and do things again. To raid and go through the content.

I am going to stick it out until the expansions come out faster than i can keep up with content but I cant say that's a good place to be.
  3. Fizzle Augur

From the amount of interest this generated obviously we have a lack of Xp. All in favour of an Xp boost?? Motion carried!!
  4. Fizzle Augur

Honestly thought I agree Phinigel could us an xp boost. They said that we already got a permanent increase, but nothing is permanent when you lose revenue from people quitting. I have played 2 months and gotten 1 toon to 50 and a couple in the 40s. I have now lost interest in grinding and havent logged in for more than a couple minutes in the past 2 weeks
  5. Rhodz Augur

Funny thing is I see no indication from DBG that one bit of crap is given.
    I mean its pretty blasted obvious...
    *shrugs*
  6. Pikallo Augur

I know people love to bash DBG and I certainly wouldn't mind a bit more transparency and communication from time to time, but they have stated on these forums in the past that all decisions like this are based on data and numbers. Given they already did increase exp once, I don't think it is a matter of "DBG doesn't give a crap" but rather they are looking at the numbers and believe it to be reasonable and satisfactory rate to them.
    Weverley likes this.
  7. Progress Augur

I agree. Put some 100% exp potions on the marketplace for me to buy. Money isn't and issue, but time is.
  8. Brumski Augur

Not to mention that December had 10 days of double XP and we just got done with 17 days of 170% XP, four weeks of bonus exp. I took advantage of both times to binge play (for me that'd be about 30-40 hours in a week) and still didn't hit 60 on an enchanter until right before the anniversary event ended.

The XP increase was a slap in the face. They said it would be increased to placate us, then gave it an insignificant boost just so they can say they did. Like telling a toddler they can have candy and only giving them one M&M.
    Fizzle and Rhodz like this.
  9. Rhodz Augur

Trust is built from honesty and good judgement, what have they done except show the reverse?
    What numbers and what data and why should anyone believe a word...

As for the sever not being free ... err neither are subs
    If the sub isnt enough then raise the price of it and be done with these micky mouse reindeer games.
  10. bodes Augur

Rhodz every post you've made is to s#!t on either the company's employees or their product. You seem like the kind of person who will never be happy no matter what the game is like. Your negative posts offer no value to the company or the player community.
  11. Rhodz Augur

Welcome to your opinion though I lauded them for the Phinny release before it launched and was very excited about it. Then we began playing on it and suddenly the reality of what had happened came through. About the same time we were looking forward to perhaps buying the TBM xpak, oops another reality. Do something praise worthy and I would offer praise.

BTW I am also very critical of governments, serial killers, thieves, and other untrustworthy types and have nothing good to say about them.

Now about this addiction that is at the root of that white knight syndrome...
  12. Galdous Augur

Phini does not need a xp boost. I saw about 30+ raid targets spam killed within an hour last night the server for supposedly driving people away from its egregious xp requirements is the most healthy server right now and every group I always join has 2-3 people with 1-2 60 boxed toons or alts they log on level 60 to buff us then log back on their alt. A logical reason as to why the xp should be increased is the real question over the sky is falling so do it now statements. As I have said you have every other server with exponentially increased xp rates already. Phinigel is suppose to be as close to old school as possible and this is part of the experience. The xp gain is still quite speedy and perfect the way it is. Please do not try to force Day break to ruin the one experience I am still enjoying and that is this unique server..
    Baldur likes this.
  13. bodes Augur

We (the player community) are trying to have a conversation in this thread about if and how much DBG should increase the XP rate. Getting angry and insulting anyone and everything is not helpful to us.
  14. Dilf Augur

You just don't seem to get it. Yes, guilds are raiding like crazy now, which is a good thing. Over time, attrition takes place, and there will be minimal people coming up the ranks to fill those openings because the exp sucks and leave the server because they cannot catch up with the penalty of not having the full group bonus. People who have to solo to fill the time leave as well. Not many people will have raid-ready alts to fill in those spots either.

Then you add in AA grinding along with upping the level caps on top of being raid-ready, for 3-month windows of opportunity. Over time, the same guilds will wither. Tons of people plan on quitting after PoP as well, which puts in yet another big dent into the population.

Take off your rose-tinted glasses for just one minute. This is nothing like the old school experience. You came here solely for the instanced raiding, because the classic experience of mobilizing raids competitively with other guilds was too much. The classic experience was about exploring different zones, meeting new people, finding different ways to get exp and you had ~10 months to do it. This experience forces you into a full group from starter zone -> Unrest -> LGuk/CoM -> Old Seb for as long as you can sit at your computer just so that you can get a shot to raid in the current expansion.
  15. taliefer Augur

Dilf likes this.
  16. Dilf Augur

That's actually a good problem to have! 60 will be the cap until PoP, so the delays will alleviate the stress to max level. I guess we can end this thread now, since most people want to squeeze every drop of enjoyment from Kunark -> PoP!
  17. taliefer Augur

yea. my main issue with the exp has always been it didnt make sense on a 12 week set in stone schedule. getting extra time in velious and luclin negates that a bit. i still think a slight bump in the actual rates is warranted, especially for AA farming, but its not quite as pressing.
  18. EQvet Elder

If DGB is anything like me...they won't give in to the toddlers crying for another M&M. You will spoil your appetite!
  19. Horathmir Elder

Well as things stand now, I have to decide whether or not to renew by Sunday, and frankly I dont think I will.
  20. Dilf Augur

I'm really glad they are working to get PoP right, and not rushing it out just because. If it weren't for the 3-month releases, I'd have no gripe either about the exp, so this delay really works to my favor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.