EXP Rate on Phinny - Can we get an adjustment

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Horathmir, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mashef_8013 Elder

Sure when we had 8 to 9 months if not more of Velious it was easy to catch up. A hardcore will get faction and armor in about 1 week. A casual will take 4-7 weeks depending how casual.

I guess guilds will carry anyone these days. There used to be gear requirements and such before you applied.
  2. Mashef_8013 Elder

The exp rates were not advertised for Phinny, you have on RF/LJ what you were promised and chose to stay. Get over your woe is me argument.

Phinny should get what it was promised, a standard exp instanced server. Even Roshen admitted it was wrong.
  3. Catashe Augur

Achievement? What achievement? Even with the buffed raid mobs.. The so easy it doesn't matter if you got 30 hardcores or 72 casuals... The going to die anyway... The only "achievement" is how fast the hardcores kill the new stuff compared to the casuals.. By the time Luclin/PoP comes around.. Devs will almost HAVE to rethink the exp rate.. more and more people will be leaving and by the "golden age" PoP gets here, there will be more than enough to do that they'll need to raise the xp rate... We only got 12 weeks to enjoy it after all then the mass exodus of people leaving the server
  4. Pikallo Augur

I disagree with this. Just because the tools are in place to make the content accessible, doesn't mean the server was "quite literally made to raid". It provides a great environment for it, sure, but even the accelerated pace of the server doesn't mean grouping and exp'ing is an irrelevant part of the server by any stretch.

The heart of this argument really comes down to finding the right balance. Both sides of the argument have some valid points. Personally, I agree that the exp rate is painful but I also think that pain is part of what embodies Everquest and I'd be disappointed if this game turned in to a leveling experience that paralleled WoW. I certainly wouldn't mind if they had made the previous exp adjustment a touch more generous, but even that can be a slippery slope. We are about 2/3 through Kunark and already 12+ guilds have completed all raid content, presumably meaning that a majority of their members are max level. That seems like a pretty reasonable number to me.
  5. Dilf Augur

Ragefire would be the place to be if it had the exp rate, ability to box on 1 PC (if desired), and instanced raiding. I would play there personally, as I like the 6-month votes more than the 3-month auto release.
  6. Tuglin New Member

9 Guilds have completed Kunark according to Phinnykills.

Remember that's with a lot of Double XP time. But that doesn't mean anything if the server will never get new players to join. Maybe people are waiting for Velious, or Luclin, or PoP before they start. They'll start, play for a week then quit.
    Mashef_8013 likes this.
  7. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

I think with every new expansion, the likelihood of drawing in new players is going to drop significantly on Phinny, unless they are friends of someone already playing and can be power-leveled up.

But frankly I think that same logic generally applies to any TLP, just Phinny's lower exp rate will exacerbate the problem!
  8. Pikallo Augur

I counted 12 PD kills. If you are going to split hairs, MiM never documented a Faydedar kill(lol?) and Entendre and Rosengard never documented a Gore kill but have killed everything else. Additionally, there are 7 other guilds beyond the 12 initially mentioned, who are actively killing raid targets as well - which ultimately reinforces my point. The point was that there are nearly 20 guilds actively killing raid targets, 12 of which have killed the final boss of the expansion. This seems more than reasonable to me in terms of a population of players who have leveled to a raid-appropriate level only 2/3 of the way through an expansion.

I assume Tuglin is a reincarnation of Tulgin? If so, I won't bother going any further.
  9. Tuglin New Member

Clearing Kunark means you killed every boss if you ask me, 9 guilds have done that. Get your facts straight.
  10. Machen New Member

I was talking about Fippy for the most part where we had 84 days on most expansions to catch up.
  11. Kahna Augur

And much faster exp to do it with. Even with the exp cap.
  12. Kiani Augur

If you're talking proper clears, I don't think all the guilds who've killed PD have actually cleared VP, either.

But 9 guilds have confirmed kills of all the mobs on that site. One other doesn't have Faydedar (possibly killed but not recorded it, possibly not bothered killing it), but are certainly capable of it. 2 guilds haven't killed Gorenaire, which a lot of people regard as the hardest mob in Kunark. But even so, 9 guilds or 12, the point is still made that lots of people have managed to make the levels.

Really, I don't see why so many RF and LJ people are weighing in on this against raising xp levels. Except for sour grapes. I say that as a RF player, it doesn't affect me, or bother me at all if Phinny gets better xp rates. It sounds like it might help in future, as the server becomes more and more top heavy, there will be fewer groups to level up in. And fewer people boxing to level their alts too. I think it might help them get new blood in, in the future.
    Pikallo likes this.
  13. Finley Augur

This makes no sense.
  14. Pikallo Augur

You completely missed the point, as usual. The bottom line is that a massive amount of the population was able to achieve max level and actively kill the majority of raid targets with still a month left in the expansion.

I'm not even saying that I like the current exp rate or vehemently oppose an increase. All I am saying is that the number of active, raiding, max level characters is quite reasonable with regard to the expansion timeline.
  15. Tornat Augur

EQ has always been heavy max level game, it would be 100x better if exp was like Live , I rather spend 20 hours lvling a alt to max level than 20 hours going from lvl 30 to 40 . Especially on a no box server where not having enough of one class can stop a raiding guild from raiding. Maybe Live xp is to much , but right now what it's set at is Dumb. And yes it hurts the whole server when peoples friends leave . people tend to play games where all there friends play. The xp rate shouldn't feel Tedious. This game has Always had the issue of People trying to catch up to there friends and well it takes a full time job to catch up.
  16. Tuglin New Member

Because about 90% of expansion has been with XP bonus.
  17. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I just don't understand why xp mobs pop outside of instances
  18. Tuglin New Member

Because there are more than 12 XP mobs and the entire server doesn't share them on a 24 hour respawn? Imagine if there were only 12 mobs that the entire server had to share lolololol. Oh wait that's RF and LJ.
  19. Obsessed Journeyman

They lifted the experience gained per kill on Fippy Darkpaw (server and mob!) about a month into Luclin so that the filthy casuals (tm) could earn some AA.

Phinni has such amazing perks and such a wonderfully cooperative player base that these changes will not be needed. If DBG do change experience modifiers it will have been due to the tears of the new generation of cooperatively instanced friendly non-competitive filthy casual (CIFNFC for short).
  20. Machen New Member

The exp rate is irrelevant to what I was talking about. People were saying you could never gear up if you didn't have max level right at the start of the expansion. It's just not true. When people hit max level, however long that takes, no matter what expansion we're in, they will be able to find a path to gearing up.
    Obsessed likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.