EXP Rate on Phinny - Can we get an adjustment

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Horathmir, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galdous Augur

I am glad my guild does not adhere to your philosophy. All tanks was more then viable for SSRA/Greg end/Akheva/Caverns with just quested vellious armor. I remember starting Vex Thul with mainly the quest armor from vellious and epic. Our guild is doing fine and with the nerfs to Vellious mobs hitting and regen luclin looks like it will be trivial as will vellious. Lol at needing high end North Tov or better gear for luclin.
  2. Kittany Augur

Challenge accepted~
    [IMG]
  3. Weverley Augur

I don't know why people say 1 to 60 is so hard i expect to have 2 lvl 60 characters by the time velious unlock and for those who said lower level population is very low i got people in my guild saying unrest is so packed i have to go to mistmoore because can't find a camp and that's with 4 or 5 picks in unrest most of the times.
  4. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Some of us came back to play on a slower exp server such as Phinny. They already messed with the exp once, and I doubt they will do it again.

It was made to be that way ...

Was intentionally made to have slower exp .. as stated in the FAQ https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/true-box-progression-server-faq.228779/

And a bit here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ssage-from-the-team-about-phinigel-xp.229225/

They already boosted it in February: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...s-coming-to-phinigel-ragefire-lockjaw.230592/

So how much more do you want?

They already had 17 days during the 17th anniversary. I don't want this to be like the other servers. If I did, I'd be over there!
  5. Trevalon Augur

It makes a huge difference, someone who plays 10-12 hours a day has an dvantage over someone who can only dedicate 2-3 hours a day. Your managed to level so quickly because you had large chunks of hours of playtime and could find a group and stay in that group for 8, 10, 12+ hours at a time over the course of 3 weeks. Being able to devote blocks of time like that means you gain exp faster because your not looking for groups, not wasting exp pots, and generally not doing the things that cause more casual players to have a hard time to level.

10 days played for someone who plays in large chunks could easily be 20 or 30 days played for someone who only has 2-3 hours a night.

So yes, it makes a huge difference.
    Kahna likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

They can change whatever they want to change in the xp formula, if they don't make changes it is because they don't want to.
  7. Machen New Member

Having played in a top guild in every expansion from Luclin all the way up, I can say that this is 100% not correct. Decent players who want to put in the time can start in any expansion, xp to max level/aa, join a top raiding guild, and get fully geared within months. Maybe for tanks it is slightly harder. But there is no such thing as getting left behind because you started too late if you are willing to put in the time and effort.
  8. Finley Augur

I have two levels 60, a level 50, and a 44. And experience sucks, I hate it, and I would spend a lot more time playing characters (and buying things in the stores for those characters) if experience was made easier. Note that I give my roster of leveled characters simply because there have been so many people that have said "I have leveled to 60 more than once and it's fine!".

Leveling alts is basically free recycling of content; yet it's made difficult for players to access here and I have no clue what the rationale behind this decision was.

I fully concede that my experience may be atypical and it is entirely possible that the majority of Phinigel players love this experience rate. But besides these forums I don't know a single person in game who has said they like it. The Daybreak team has a player on our server (Roshen, playing a shadow knight named Nehsor) that said he would absolutely hit 50 before Kunark launched. Even with powerleveling help from many people in the community, as well as running full Daybreak store potions every time I've seen him play he was unable to accomplish that.
  9. Finley Augur

It really doesn't matter if a certain level of dedication makes it *possible*. I want what is best for the server, and that is to not be a ghost town several expansions down the line. More than just the most dedicated players will make it a better server.

Hopefully Daybreak keeps it together at least until Blizzard decides to open their own classic servers :p
  10. Kahna Augur

I think the point is that most folks don't have that kind of time. Or don't want to invest it in a video game that they play to relax. (I am ignoring the effort part, because let's face it, EQ doesn't take any real effort, just time.) And while it's all well and good to say "I guess this isn't the game for them" I kinda want the server to still be kicking a few years down the road, and that means not chasing people away because leveling is a boring time sink.

You shouldn't have to invest massive chunks of time to advance, or get caught up. People eventually figure out that life choice isn't a super healthy one and start to play in moderation, then they start to get left behind. You should be able to play in moderation and still keep up. Because people who get left behind stop playing the game and paying money.
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  11. Gumby Augur

I completely agree with everything you said, but using Roshen as an example isn't a good one.

I peeked at some of those streams and he is an absolutely awful player. There is definitely a reason that he couldn't achieve that and it starts with him.
  12. Tuglin New Member

Dev's are slowly killing this server with pointless changes, that all point back to "casual's shouldn't see raid content".

Instanced raid content? Make it too slow to level so no casual can see raids.

So many XP bonus', casual's made it to raid level? Quickly make Presence of the Mighty, don't test it, throw it on all bosses even if they are too hard already for most guilds (Gore), if it's broken fix it a month later, just don't let casuals kill stuff, emergency.

They don't care if the server gets destroyed by bad design decisions, just don't let casuals kill anything at all costs.

Who else finds it ironic that WoW will probably release their own Vanilla server, likely around the time that Phinny hits GoD expansion, killing the EQ population again, just like in 2004? It's like EQ and WoW dev's are working with each other to recreate the past.

Vanilla WoW is something I could play with friends, because currently EQ I'm all alone, none of my friends are stupid enough to play here.
  13. Finley Augur

My point was mostly that a member on their team was under the impression that he could get 50 before Kunark when he wasn't even close and that this means they probably have no idea what playing the game is actually like.

I do agree with that Roshen's progress is not indicative of the average player on Phinigel though.
  14. Ponak New Member

Couldn't possibly agree with this more. Every decision made seems to be predicated on one question "how can we keep casuals in their place". Casuals, in this sense, being defined as anyone who needs a schedule to raid (per Holly).

To support Trevalon above, even a casual can put in 20 - 25 hours/week. Unfortunately, if that is in 2 - 3 hour blocks, they are not going to get anywhere fast enough relative to the expansion unlock timer. Sure, there are exceptions, but this holds for the majority of the player base. Additionally, this significantly deters new blood from joining the server.
  15. Dyzalot Augur

So what, you guys want PoK books and mounts and mercs so you can get something done in your 1 and 2 hour blocks of time? If so then what's the point of having a server like this?
    Baldur likes this.
  16. Fancy Elder

Another bump wouldn't be unwarranted. I think DBG should look into adjusting exp with each expac release to help people keep up. It's bad enough the server won't have hot zones until no one actually needs hot zones.

The idea of making exp slower on an expedited server never made sense. RF and LJ should have slower rates than phinigel

People talk like grouping and exping is a large part of this server, its quite simply not, by design. This server is the only server to have instanced raid content for old world targets. It is quite literally made to raid. You have new expacs every three months, new raid content.

Please do not kid yourself into thinking this server has been or ever will be about taking your time, the two primary mechanics it is built on are directly opposed to that idea.

Lockjaw and Ragefire are "take your time" servers complete with .

Switch the exp rates for rf and phin and I would be very happy.
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  17. Tuglin New Member

Well, switching XP rates wouldn't make any sense.

RF / LJ casuals are blocked from raiding due to open world mobs and bat phones. On Phiny casuals are blocked due to slow XP rates. If you swapped XP rates and suddenly casuals could raid, that would diminish the achievement for others.
  18. Vykk Lorekeeper

I meant that I don't think they can make the group XP bonuses different on TLP from live. Better solo XP would help Phinigel but potentially hurt live if it was too powerful with mercs.
  19. Trevalon Augur

No, all we want is the EXP rate to be set to the same as other TLP servers (RF/LJ), Even Vulak was faster than this exp and it had an exp cap per kill.

Increase the EXP to the level of RF/LJ and all these threads would go away. That all being said, I full expect another EXP increase come Velious and then a big jump comes Luclin with AA's - Past TLPs they always gave a big exp jump at the start of Luclin (except Combine/Sleeper which was already set at live levels).
  20. Blastin New Member

If Phinny gets an exp boost then RF & LJ should get instanced raiding. Or reduced time between expacs for RF/LJ.

Otherwise no.

You have instanced raids and faster expansion releases.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.