Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Graves Elder

Oh please. That just means others have to find a tank AND CC to help.

Do you really want a return to the bad old days where every group had the holy trinity or it sat around waiting?
    Yimin likes this.
  2. took2summit11 Augur

For the progression quests I am 100% happy, and even supportive, of needing the holy trinity. It’s 7-10 quests a YEAR. There’s plenty of mindless grinding to do that don’t require the holy trinity.
    code-zero and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  3. Allayna Augur

There were only 2 guilds I regularly saw posting in the beta forums with respect to the group game, tuning/overtuning, debuffs, quest NPCs that don't work, quest namers that absolutely destroy a raid geared tank under defensive with a full group of raid geared players due to mobs being completely immune to debuffs...

MS & ROTE

There was 1 guild that continually posted "too easy", so please don't say raiders ruin the group game. There are guilds that put effort into making sure things are tuned for all.
  4. Graves Elder

Great.

So the majority of players will never get them done. Enjoy watching the game die.
    Brontus and Yimin like this.
  5. took2summit11 Augur

I don’t understand this at all. Last night I saw countless tanks, healers, and enchanters/bards lfg in general. Have you even tried sending people /tells and getting groups started? I am not in a guild, have no regular grouping partners since I just started 6 weeks ago and made decent progress through TBL last night. We are talking 7-10 quests that only need to be done once. You really think that’s asking too much from the player base, to form an ideal group 7-10 times for an expansion?
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

-A Guild Forum Quest crusades against a specific class for months, making repeated “balance calls” and claims to do it for the greater good.
    -Posts like this happen.
    -Comedy ensues.
    Xeladom, Lisard and Sancus like this.
  7. Coronay Augur

If a mage with pet + healer merc cannot do it then it is over-tuned!! ;)
  8. Graves Elder

Well that is obvious.

Do you think the first night of an expansion is representative of how it will be in a few months?

Good luck trying to get help to get your returning friend or umpteenth alt flagged for content you and they have paid for next summer when the people capable of getting through it have long since stopped helping, or can't even if they want to due to lockouts.

This happens every time there is locked content and this just happens to be the most egregious example of content locking in EQ history. There is a window to get flagged, after that good luck.
    svann and Pirlo like this.
  9. took2summit11 Augur

*rolls eyes*...So you’re complaining about a potential issue that may or may not happen next summer? Give me a break. Give the developers a break. Stop complaining and take a little more initiative in helping your situation.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Graves Elder

My situation is just fine. I have well over a dozen 110 toons.

It is nto something that may or may not happen. It WILL happen. it ALWAYS does with locked content. That is why it must be used sparingly.

I will not give the devs a break for forgetting lessons of the past learnt at great cost to the game and repeating mistakes that are outright harmful to the game.
    svann, Brontus, Yimin and 1 other person like this.
  11. FawnTemplar Augur

I'll go on record and say, as a fully raid geared toon, I don't think this expansion is tuned particularly well for group geared players. I wouldn't say that what my progression group has done thus far has all been "easy," some of it was but some was pretty challenging. We don't have an ideal group but we are all raid geared.
  12. zarcal Elder

FWIW, this is exactly why I (and some of my group as well) have not purchased this expansion. I have pre-ordered everything since Kunark and accept the fact we will never be bleeding edge BUT we had so little success in ROS, it seems there is no reason to head to BL even at 109 with EOK gear (mostly t1, some t2) until we can at least get SOME gear in ROS.

I know it must be almost impossible to balance with the different levels of players but 2 expansions in a row like this is sad. Will i buy it, likely yes i still enjoy playing, but not for a while.
    Brontus likes this.
  13. Belexes ForumQuester

ForumQuest Proverb...

When one's expectations are not met, content is definitely over tuned.

I don't know how all you nerds go through life with this negativity about everything you encounter. Must be a generational thing?

Yes, I do duo a raid equipped rogue and a partial raid equipped SK. I am crushing stuff in entry zone. Haven't tried a name yet and almost beat Fight Fire Mission with just those two.

I do however have a 110 mage who doesn't even have all group gear from EoK and only 16k AA. Does have EM19 focus. Mage still has a bunch of 85 level augs as it is a heroic character with no time spent on it. If I have no issues in the entry level zone, I am gonna say to you all, "git gud". :p Gonna pair with a ranger that has mostly a mix of EoK group and RoS group gear with about 28K AA I think. Has a raid bow, bracers and gloves, but I have a feeling that isn't going to make much of a difference. If you want, I can wear just EoK/RoS group gear and a EoK group bow and still rock it.

If I cruise through this zone with that pair, I am gonna come back here and call you guys whiny babies.

My roadblocks are figuring out the tasks so I can complete them. Should I complain that Daybreak should release full task step by steps?
    took2summit11 likes this.
  14. Shadows Journeyman

Could it be that groupers are trying to do too much too soon? Maybe if they spent some time gearing up in current content, the progression would be a little easier? (I don't know -- I haven't looked at any data... I am just concerned about what I am reading in here.)

Either way, there should be some extra content that's not quite as difficult. Maybe this extra content could be unrelated to progression or what have you, but at least it would give a person something to do while they're waiting for a 'real group' or not feeling particularly sociable on any given night.

For people just molo'ing it, I'm not sure what can be done there. Maybe some weak-con mobs or something. ROS had a few weak mob types in the Overthere? I think?... the crabs? ...but they seemed chain-linked and awkward aggro and not really doable. A bit of molo love would be helpful... I know of a few (paying) people who have quit over this very issue.

The answer could be "well, just go back to EOK or TBM", but that doesn't seem right. People already spent a ton of time in those zones and they have paid for new content, so I'm not sure it's entirely fair to say that.

I understand wanting to steer people away from the 3-box/3-merc thing and make them more social (is that what this is about?... I'm supposing, as well as compensating for mudflation?), but people outside of groups or 'mildly' boxing need some combat, too.
    Astinox likes this.
  15. Endaar Augur

As a Wizard, my gripe thus far is with the absurd AE damage the trash mobs are doing. I took two deaths getting my 5 'soldier' kills, and would have taken a third if it wasn't for the fact that I was grouped with both a real cleric and a merc cleric. I am somewhat undergeared having only recently returned, but survived in T2 ROS without any problem. Looking back at my logs from last night in TBL, in one fight against a single trash mob, I took 250K spell damage in 15 seconds. And that doesn't seem uncommon. Unless I'm missing something, that's a level of non-melee damage that I think most group-geared casters are going to have a hard time managing.
    Yimin likes this.
  16. Maedhros High King

Lol at the white knight comments.
    I think in ROS the T1 zones were too hard so groups had a legitimate issue.
    TBL is not too hard at all.
    The only thing is that yea, you're not going to be able to 6 box your way through many of the smoke trials. Make friends, build groups to suit the trials, use your brains instead of your mouths begging for a nerf.
    I'd have thought that a grouper would have the mentality that to survive and thrive, you have to use your wits and create strategies and foster friendships rather than just brute strength your way through like a raider. Apparently entitled babies aren't just relegated to Facebook and Twitter.
    Moldar and Pano like this.
  17. Tappin Augur

I am sorry, but you do not design an expansion that requires max AA/Gear from the previous expansion as a minimum.

They need to add a few zones for those who are working to get enough AA/Gear to progress. Not many casuals are going to continue buying expansions that they have no real access to.
  18. Zamiam Augur

LoL i love how you are trying to prove a point but yet you state your duo are Raid equiped and you are crushing stuff in entry zones..

Have not tried a named yet !!
    sounds like your mage and ranger have not even made it thru progression yet as you state " IF I cruise through this zone with that pair , I am gonna come back here and call you guys whiny babies"
    you and took2summitt should get a room.

please until you have completed the progression (and not with your raid geared duo) in group gear toons dont come here and spread false information ..

you guys in raid gear who come to these as you put it (whiny forums) and say that these zones and the progression are easy in the new expansion and they are not overtunned are not only falsely misleading the majority of the player base but when the dev's do read these posts they will see your posts and will end up not fixing things that need to be fixed..

I dont even have TBL , I'm glad i did not buy it and I wont .. I didnt even buy RoS till it went on sale.
    and before you chew this post apart .. I dont have to play in this expansion to know its overtunned by the dozens of other posts in this forum .. also from past experience and just knowing how the dev's are from past expansions ..

you would think they would get it right eventually .. but evidentally you cant teach an old dog new tricks.. well when they get laid off or the game finally does close its doors then maybe a lightbulb will go off , but by then it will be too late..
    NeverPayForLag and Graves like this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I dunno.. I stick up for DB when I think appropriate but I think TBL is overtuned.
  20. took2summit11 Augur

Excuse me? Why did you bring me into your comment? You should get a tissue. I am not raid geared. In fact, I don’t even have any visible armor from ROS. I am about as casual as it gets having 16k AA (1k more than auto grant) and having zero issues with this expansion so far. In fact, all 6 people in my group yesterday were group geared. It’s really pathetic how bad people are at playing this game and blame it on overtuning. I have to tell people constantly how to play their classes and what buttons to press. What exactly are you looking for in a new expansion? If you don’t want the progression to be difficult, then what do you want? Remember, these 7-10 progression quests need to last you a year until the next expansion. Do you want to have them all done in the first week so you can mindlessly kill xp mobs for the next 11.75 months? I haven’t seen a single person here complain about anything outside of a quest or mission. The zone and its mobs themselves are tuned perfectly fine. The quests require a little more coordination and group makeup, the way it should be.
    Moldar, Warpeace, Maedhros and 2 others like this.