Everything is overtuned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regazozo, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Yimin Augur

The dots on trash mobs are way to strong ! They keep killing the merc cleric :)

YiMin
    Brontus, Endaar and Pirlo like this.
  2. Zamiam Augur

you have to comment on everything . I knew you would reply to my post :p your someone who has to get the last word in no matter what .. I'm done with this post .. enjoy the game when it finally has no one for you to group with.
    im out
    Zanarnar, Graves and Yimin like this.
  3. took2summit11 Augur

You ever consider the fact there’s other opinions out there? I would be as equally outraged as you are if the expansion was any easier. I paid good money and want to get my money’s worth. Nothing would be worse than for me to pay money to get a new zone for me to mindlessly grind away at. I can do that in ROS.
  4. gotwar Gotcharms

Something something skill gap.

[IMG]
    Sancus and Lisard like this.
  5. Horyuken Augur

Belexes please stop!

You play a shadow knight the game was easy mode for you a long time ago.
    FawnTemplar, Koryu and Yimin like this.
  6. Elkar Headhunter Elder

The group content that is not broken seems perfect for good raid geared players. I don't think any of it I have done is over tuned for raid geared players. On the other hand for group geared casuals who we need it is another story. I feel like if I was a casual I would find something else to do myself.
    Yimin likes this.
  7. Natal Augur

The proper way to design content is to have missions require a group while open zones should be doable solo/duo/trio. Missions should never be required for zone progression (other than flagging for raid access), they should be there far higher level loot only. Have tier 1/2 group gear drop in open zones for solo/duo/trio with tier 1 being achievable by solo players and tier 2 needing 2-3 (with mercs). Tier 3 group drops can require doing challenging missions. This is not really rocket science, why is it so hard for this sort of setup to be implemented consistently? Higher tier loot comes from progressively more challenging content, if you don't want to do group missions then settle for tier 1 or tier 2 loot, depending on how many toons you can round up.

As for steering people away from 3-boxing, maybe those people are 3-boxing for a reason. Making it too difficult for them to play is far more likely to simply cost three subscriptions than encourage "more social" behaviour. If bleeding subscriptions is Daybreak's objective, TBL sure as hell seems to be a good attempt at it as things stand.
  8. Belexes ForumQuester

LOL! Love it! I suck, so no easy mode for me. I didn't have my 2.0 until a couple of months ago. I play a crappy SK, decent rogue, decent ranger. If it was easy mode, I wouldn't be playing it.

I was probably the only rogue on the server ROI didn't try to recruit. :) That should tell you just how good I really am.

I would do lesson burns with Drogba in ST and he would beg my ranger to out dps his pet. I gave it my best shot. I bid on raid items I can't use. Yeah...I am a pro at Everquest.
  9. Tappin Augur

I just do not understand why its so hard to produce content for those who are not maxed out on the previous content. You cannot expect people to play in the same content forever.
  10. Ceffener Augur

It’s not hard, but a large part of the EQ playerbase thinks EQ is some kind of special “hard” game compared to its competition.

You want a larger playerbase? Expansion ($60 version) comes with a level 110/some number AA and the group gear from last years expansion that this years opening zone was tuned to.

There you go, you know how to keep more players, have a catch-up mechanic, and exactly how to tune the first zone.

Raiders with their raid gear will find this easy, tune raids to the gear they have.

But EQ has always been against doing a massive player gear/level reset. It’s a lot better than it used to be, but if you want to sell a crap ton of your newest expansion all players need to be there, now. Not months from now, not 10 Krono from now, now.

But as I’ve said before, after 20 years I don’t expect the game to change in this aspect.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yimin like this.
  11. took2summit11 Augur

If you aren’t maxed on the previous content yet, then it sounds like you still have quite a bit of content worth playing? Also, I’ll say it again since it seems like no one is listening. I tanked the first group mission in TBL without a SINGLE piece of ROS visible armor. What more should I ask for? To be able to tank it in TBM gear?
  12. Ghubuk Augur

Except from a business perspective this isn't a really good way to increase sales of a new expansion.
    Brontus likes this.
  13. Grau Elder

I haven't done much in TBL yet, but I will say one thing that annoyed me last night was sitting in Stratos (doing nothing) and having my cleric merc get killed by a group's trash mob AoEs. It is somewhat concerning if the merc can't even keep itself alive when that is basically all it had to do.

Also annoying, getting AoEd by another group's trash mob and getting knocked off the island to take 200K falling damage... but that's another issue.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Agree 100% its formuliac but there is exactly zero reason to deviate from this model.
  15. Orbital101 Augur

I dint post much beside reporting major bugs this year because anything extra would have been ''too easy'' to many posts that have seen saying ''too hard''. I'm sorry that your voice havent been heard for the community.
  16. Kolani Augur

To start with, raid geared shadowknight. Seven BiS items from RoS, the rest of the gear is a mix of EoK raid gear. 6/8 Velazul's, 2/8 Scaleborn. Did everything through Contract of War last night with raid geared monk and a zerker and cleric whose gear levels I'm not sure of. Killed a few named on the way. I was glad I had my raid gear and my augs were good, I could have probably done it in Scaled and group gear, but it would have been exceptionally rough, there were a couple of spots where it was rough in raid. Only had to blow everything once, and it wasn't even on a named or adds, it was on one of the spawned quest mobs. The dots are insane, and some of the harder hits lining up with a dot tick liquidated me more than once. A lower dps group would definitely have problems that we didn't.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Prathun Developer

We're looking into this now. Thanks for letting us know!
  18. ~Mills~ Augur

Don't go to ape in the wrong direction either. But you can't have mobs that basically can't be slowed without an enc or bard present and hit like trucks while also having spell effects that also take 50-75% of a hp pool.

Tone down resists on everything but especially named and quest mobs, and reduce the spell effects to match group gear pools.
    Yimin likes this.
  19. Kolani Augur

Thanks, Prathun. FWIW, I've long since given up on giving feedback on nameds in Beta ever since every comment about Mistress of Pain went completely ignored back in UF.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

people who admit that the majority of beta testers are not group-game players and then turn around and complain the beta didn't tune the game to group-game players make me chuckle.
    Moldar and Maedhros like this.