EverQuest Trivia #608

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Captain Video, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Captain Video Augur

Rules:

- The Game Master (the one who won the last game) selects a person (NPC), place, or thing in-game related.

- Players then ask yes or no questions, to try to uncover the secret person/place/thing; however the Game Master does have the right to go beyond a simple yes or no answer if necessary. (For example, "I'm not sure" or "Probably" or "Yes, but be careful because that's misleading." )

- Players may ask only one question per post, and must not try to be sneaky by squeezing in two or more questions at once.

- A player may ask a new question as soon as his or her last question has been answered.

- The Game Master MUST answer all questions to the best of their ability, no matter how stupid (doodoo, ducks, etc), provided the question conforms to the rules above.

- The Game Master should post recaps of answers from time to time- once a page is a good idea.

- Once a person guesses the correct answer, he or she gets to host the next game, or can designate someone else to host it. Make a separate thread, and we will let this one die. That way we can better keep track of when one game begins and another ends. Keep numbering the games as we go along.

- If a player wins and does not start up another game within 24 hours of winning, the last person to guess before him or her gets to host the next game.

- If the game master does not respond within 24 hours to any posts then anyone may feel free to start the next round.

Answers to recent games:

594 Skinned Halfling Face Mask
    595 Soandso (original EQ tutorial PC character)
    596 Naked Siren mercenary
    597 Nights of the Dead (annual Halloween events)
    598 The Battle of Bloody Kithicor
    599 Breezeboot's Frigid Gnasher
    600 Fellowship Campfire
    601 A Burrower Parasite
    602 Langseax
    603 Iksar Statues
    604 Blind Fish Playing Poker paintings in Neriak's Blind Fish tavern
    605 Wanted Poster in Lion's Mane Inn
    606 /chatfontsize (in-game slash command)
    607 Naked toons in Firiona Vie

Starting hint: It has nothing to do with SWG.
  2. Mary Poppins Augur

Damnit V! ONE game later and already you guys mess up the formatting!

I know this probably isn't it, but I'm gonna throw it out there anyway... Princess Lenya?

She was the NPC in highkeep that used to respond with the text "aren't you a little short for a highkeep guard?" - a reference to Princess Leia in Star Wars. They later took her out of the game and turned her into a fish. There was also a fake "Princes Lenia" in the dungeon that looked like a high elf with a skele pet, but was really a dark elf in disguise. I really enjoyed the small things like this back in the early game because there was just so much random stuff you could wander into and get side-tracked with.

EDIT: Thanks for fixing the formatting. This is why it's a good thing you won the last trivia and not dread. Because he would've just left it (hell, he would've probably messed it up on purpose!).
  3. Captain Video Augur

Nope.

As for formatting, please don't be too hard on the posters, this forum software is not friendly to some browsers. I use Edge most of the time, and the forum thing is continually making changes to font size and spacing that I swear I didn't enter, and also doesn't match what it shows in the preview just before I click the button. I have to edit some posts two or three times to get them "right", sorry.
  4. Mary Poppins Augur

I'm just messing around, V. I know the forums are weird like that with font size, font color, paragraph spacing, etc. I don't think it's limited to just some browsers, either - I have had problems no matter what browser I use (although some give less problems than others). It's been that way forever since they switched. I complained a lot about it to Pie when it first happened, but now it's just like... whatever.

Anyway, back to the game. You said it's not an NPC, so is it an item?
  5. Captain Video Augur

I did >NOT< say it wasn't an NPC, you're trying to sneak two questions!!
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  6. Mary Poppins Augur

Lol, just answer my ONE question so I can ask another (equally stupid) question!
  7. Captain Video Augur

It is not an NPC.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  8. Mary Poppins Augur

Uh... I already knew that. Is it an item?
  9. Captain Video Augur

Yes.
  10. Mary Poppins Augur

Does the item resemble a phallus in any way?
  11. Dreadmore Augur

I formatted the rules all nicely and everything my first time hosting a round. I used bullet points properly instead of those weird newline-newline-hyphen-space combinations. Seeing as how it didn't keep when others hosted, I just got lazy with the rest my games rounds :) but something I do like to do is trim the recent answers to the last 10 or 11.

Is it something equippable?
  12. Captain Video Augur

No.

No. We did that one already.
  13. Dreadmore Augur

Is it used in tradeskills or the result of a tradeskill combination?
  14. Captain Video Augur

No.
  15. Dreadmore Augur

It is involved in any quests?
  16. Dreadmore Augur

By the way, I apologize for misleading you with my poorly executed summary in the last round. I feel better about it since you got the win
  17. Captain Video Augur

No. And I expect you'll take back your apology once you discover how evil I've become in this game. :)
    Dreadmore likes this.
  18. Dreadmore Augur

Oh geez... is it or was it dropped by an NPC?
  19. Captain Video Augur

Yes.
  20. Dreadmore Augur

Is it still dropped by an NPC?