EverQuest Producer's Letter April 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merika Journeyman

It's definitely made for a "high" playtime server.

But there are plenty of people and guilds who will atleast clear through each xpac once even if it's not the greatest reward. Gotta get them cheevs!
  2. Truetotheblue Augur

Unless they change this it'll mostly be gear. The level locks are behind expansions where the autogrants take place. For example - most PoP AA are 60-65. PoP AA is autogranted with PoR, which released at the 60 cap. This is true all the way through. ToL launches at 110 which is where the current Autogrants cap up to. So you'll only need to AA those side expacs, but in some scenarios that may be only a few weeks til those are granted also.
  3. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

I don't understand level locking. If there isn't pvp, what other reason is there to level lock? Zerkers are going to be on this server.
  4. Rebelicious Augur

Whoop Whoop! Excited about Valniki!~ /counts krono
    Skuz and Merika like this.
  5. Rebelicious Augur

To give guilds a level playing field chance to develop and gear a raidforce for the better raids.. without giving a speed-level race up advantage to any one guild... I reckon. It will also make for LOL funtimes when hardcore server firsters bite off HELLA more than they're level able to chew ;D
  6. Corydon Augur

That's it for me. I'm out. Will come back when/if an OoW locked TLP releases. That would be awesome in my opinion. But that could very well be "never". To the rest of you: enjoy the new servers when you can...
  7. Risiko Augur

Well.... they tried something different. It's not for me, but it's different.

Vaniki is probably not going to make it very long. I can see maybe one raid guild made up of people that want an odd challenge, but beyond that, it probably will be a ghost town in a month.

As always, I can be wrong, but yeah I just don't think I am on this one.

But as I have said before, they were not going to win this time around no matter what rule set they went with for the new server. EQ TLP is played out. Most are bored, and very few people that play TLP servers actually want to play expansions beyond Planes of Power. There is only one answer... next year's TLP starting over with a NEW story line and content ala TLP Expansion.

No bags or potions from me this time around. But... I'll be spending my money in the new EQ2 TLE instead.
  8. Merika Journeyman

Vaniki will be a ghost town for sure if its truebox. People would have to have some real dedicated groups to be able to progress on their own that quick.

Non truebox I see it'll be a huge success for people who have that high playtime. It'll be great for people who like to sub and play full groups to get leveling and progression done and have a quality guild for raiding
  9. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

Without giving a speed-race level up advantage? Whether it is level locked at 65 or 50 isn't going to impact whether or not a raid force is geared or leveled. A level cap is still there.

Funtimes when guilds bite off more than they can chew? They are lowering the level cap but increasing player power. They are just adding systems on systems which will most likely cause bugs and other headaches.

The same was said about WoW's season of mastery. "Oomgmgomgogmgmg Molten Core is gonna dumpster guilds" but that was so far from reality.
    Merika likes this.
  10. Ssauleron New Member

I like that you are giving us options of traditional TLP or something completely different. Now I just need to decide what I want to do :)
  11. Rebelicious Augur

... Yeah... like the hardcore, bat phone rings at 3am people who RACE to the finish line, place a zone on farm status for months while their guild retires/quits out of boredom. The point of lvl lock was questioned... I gave this as the logical rationale.
    The point of having higher lvl content is a fun concept (for me anyway) since people will be challenged and struggling to down content they weren't initially designed to... albeit with some help... which makes the server novel and at least closer to the great raiding expacs the average TLP dies off before ever seeing.
    Dude... seriously... that attitude. No one's forcing you to play it. A lot of people want and like it. Only time will tell how successful or not it is. For a FACT you DON'T have tom play on it if it doesn't appeal to you.
    Good grief man... you're comparing some negative past experience YOU HAD in a totally different GAME? I never raided in WOW so... sorry I cannot relate. You're analogy strikes me as apples v oranges... not even close to the same thing. I have played most TLPs... and I for one am SICK of classic... and the server dying out by GOD and MISSING... nostalgically MISSING the later expacs and raids EQ has to offer... they were AMAZING... and a jumpstarted server is an answer... to what I want... so... I'm grateful. I'm wishing you the best if you chose to play on Yelinak or stay on Mischief.
    Corvo, Skuz and Merika like this.
  12. Kahna Augur

Literally none of the TLPs have "died" at GoD, and if you were sick of starting over all you had to do was keep playing. In fact, if you dislike playing on low population servers this one probably isn't going to be for you. The speed alone will have people quitting once they get left behind. It is likely to have a Selo's like population, which is lower than any OOW entering TLP to date.

Not to mention tons of content is going to be skipped on this server. If you really wanted to see all the post GoD content you would be better off rolling on Mischief right now.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  13. Merika Journeyman

Yeah only have to spend what 3-4 years getting through the content? Oh boy
    HowDidIEndUpBackHere likes this.
  14. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

I was simply stating why the level lock isn't some profound equalizer for guilds.

Will the server be fun? Maybe. I will play it and see how it goes.

Calm down, baby girl, maybe we will get to experience the nostalgia together. No need to start making claims about me. I also don't play on Mischief so how you came to that conclusion is pretty astounding.

If someone quotes you and offers their opinion it doesn't mean you are wrong. No need to jump up and start getting defensive.
  15. Kahna Augur

And blazing through it all in 4 weeks is better nostalgia?
  16. Merika Journeyman

Yep. Normally takes me about a week to finish most needed progression in each expansion. So as long as this isn't truebox looking forward to it!
  17. Iven the Lunatic

18. Merika Journeyman

19. Truetotheblue Augur

Nennius, Yinla and Skuz like this.
  20. Kahna Augur

Truebox is the default.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.