EverQuest Producer's Letter April 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebelicious Augur

I don't get why you're upset. If you plan to roll on one of the new TLP's... both will start with truebox, when server is new and grouping is plentiful... and transition to relaxed truebox as grouping gets more sparse, and disable truebox ultimately. Serious, I'm in the US and I worked nights for years and usually play in the early am... and have never had an issue finding a group when TLP drops... that's something that starts happening down the line of the TLP life.
    Accendo said:
  2. Gnomie Denser than most

Can we do this for every TLP?
    Rebelicious likes this.
  3. Fuzsy New Member

STILL NO PVP! HOPES AND DREAMS CRUSHED! *despair* *throws self into the hole* *curses the zek family for not having enough influence*
  4. Demonator New Member

can we do this on all upcoming, and older TLPs, please? even if it just allowed 2 per computer? -- 3 is nice though. - Thanks :)
  5. Lanilya_ New Member

Is there any reason Relaxed Truebox cannot be enabled from start? It forces people to play their 2nd account a notebook, but it serves no purpose, only makes playing harder.
    Zinth and Go Take A Nap like this.
  6. Xanadas Augur

Yet again, boxers are relegated to being second-class EQ citizens. So dumb. Relaxed truebox? If people are going to go through the trouble of getting multiple PCs to box, "relaxing" that later does nothing. The people with copies of "the program" that can bypass truebox checks are still going to be boxing on these servers with large armies.

Because larger boxers are only allowed to have fun post TBS? What possible logic is there in this? Asinine. Who is coming up with these idiotic plans?
  7. Ariana Augur

They don't plan, they react
  8. Doezit Lorekeeper

Boxers are second class EQ citizens? Is it offensive that a compromise was offered? Will nothing short of letting you openly overrun others with 36 box armies satisfy?
    Rebelicious likes this.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Or, Buy my merch! :)
  10. Ravin Journeyman

Both Vaniki and Yelinak look like fresh starts and fun!
    Rebelicious and Dragon Jockey like this.
  11. pipo Journeyman

Ok, let´s see if I understand it.
    - There is a group of players that want to box.
    - Many trueboxers prefer not to play in the same server becuase they make more dificult to group and interact.
    So the developers will launch 2 new servers, booth truebox at the start and in less than three months they will make one half boxable...

Hmmm, I don´t understand, why don´t you make a boxable server so the boxers can go to their dedicated server?
  12. Doezit Lorekeeper

Because the boxers don't want to play on a server with only boxers?
  13. Burdi Augur

Jenn is an outstanding leader and technician.
    But i feel the picture is weird .
    We cannot see clearly what is she holding, she has a DP T-shirt with a hat and a weapon hidden under a artificial looking cloth, things don’t go well together.
    She does not have to do everything.
    I feel that she should have announced upfront if the TLP were truebox or not.
    The communication on the TLP is a bit messy.
    Otherwise thanks for your continued effort DPG.
  14. Go Take A Nap Augur

I have a hard time believing anyone that wants to play on the sweatiest server ever(viniki), is praying for truebox. The drive to move quickly alone promotes box play.
  15. Go Take A Nap Augur

I dont see any 36 box armies on top of any guild progression charts, EVER. Run over whom and where?? Most of the content is instanced. You likely never encounter a boxer like this on TLP EVER.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Go Take A Nap Augur

Box play is desirable for non raid content or off night content/exp. You want to log in a few boxes to fill a group or to do older raids with some friends. Its not easy getting players together to do old content. Clerics and bards are boxed often because no one plays them early on. A lot of guilds struggle filling roles like this. This forces players to buy new pcs and be surrounded by them.

This hard view that the only reason to box is to trample people is narrow. No one is playing boxes to do this...... Most boxers, even big boxers keep to themselves are tread lightly because theres a handful of rude players out there that as soon as they see you they instantly start running their mouth. If you do run into them try behaving like a decent human being instead of instantly triggering people with your BS.

Ive been in a ll types of guilds. The middle guilds always cry cheats instantly when they lose a race. I can tell you first hand these top guilds move quickly because they are made up of mostly real players, that have a box if needed to fill a gap. Porters, healers ect. The active member count is staggering. Why? Because they are highly motivated, highly skilled, and have effective organized leadership. While most players are lazy and want their hand held. You will LFG for hours and cry that you couldnt find a group. Often times if you pulled up the LFG window you could have easily made one and pulled a box up to fill the role you were missing.
    HowDidIEndUpBackHere and Shui like this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Truebox on the 2 new servers is essentially temporary, if you box 6 then you can do that on Rizlona or Ragefire or any Live server, it will never stop the "worst" offenders, nothing will but not having a server full of boxers during the expansions where the majority of teh content is open world makes sense & Truebox fills that role.
    Switching off Truebox post-PoP makes sense too to help reduce attrition after the following year's TLP unlocks & population drops, also after PoP the group content is mostly instanced also so there's really no need for Truebox at that point.

Every Year you complain about no new non-Truebox server, but to complain this year about two servers which are actually going to turn it off, first of a kind ruleset, seems to be taking your complaint to a silly degree.
    You simply are not going to get non-Truebox servers every year, that's an entirely unreasonable expectation.
    Zinth, Rebelicious and Yinla like this.
  18. Zanarnar Augur

They did that, and the boxers flocked to the non-boxing server. As noted already, even boxers don't want to play with other boxers.

None of it really matters without even and frequent enforcement of the rules... which we all know won't happen. It will be random and unevenly enforced. Generally catching the small time boxers while the real problematic ones either got a heads up or know how to circumvent their extremely laughable checks.

doesn't matter at all to me, Random loot* (when they decided not to be lazy and actually randomize drops... I gotta say they seem to do it less and less as that server progresses. Almost like they have zero forethought when they do things like this) and free trade are just far too fun to walk away from.

(*Still waiting on Cazic Thule 2.0, SolC, Veksar, Normal mode LDON dungeons, and I'm sure a few that I'm just not thinking about right this second to get randomized drops on the server where the big feature was randomized drops.)
  19. Roleplay Here Journeyman

Instanced encounters will be a hurdle. As well as encounters that require precision that you can't zerg, like the rathe Council.
  20. Rebelicious Augur

I'm sorry but you're wrong. Regular players who like to box legit do so for the reasons you stated... the problem isn't those people... who often group late night lonely's just to be nice and are in every respect, cool people. What he's addressing is equally valid... the extremely toxic, monetized, professional krono farmers who relentlessly monopolize certain "profitable" zones...and even box full raids to sell "loot-rights." So, the anti-boxers are complaining about THIS... and they have a valid grievance.

The problem is legit player boxing fills need in EQ as well... and DB doesn't have the personnel to fairly and frequently crack down on shenanigans, and their algorithms/reports snag a fair amount of honest boxers... so it plagues EVERY new TLP... the notable exception being the BOXING server Rizlona... LOL So, maybe transitioning to full box on the new TLPs will kill the KronoLords in time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.