EverQuest Producer's Letter April 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merika Journeyman

Then I'll agree with you that it will be a failure lol
    FunRuiner69 likes this.
  2. Yarteb Elder

Truebox or no, Vaniki sounds like fun. New leveling paths, new raid paths for guilds. Without Mischief loot, gearing a guild will take time and they will need gear to challenge higher level mobs. The level locks really sound like an interesting change.
    Corvo, Rebelicious and Skuz like this.
  3. Corydon Coles Elder

Andddd still not a single - Red reboot.
    I'm betting to be disappointed, yet again with out of era items (ex spell craft) in game.
    I'll be heading to Yelinak. Staff seems to favor the dragon names.
    It's been a long wait for a fresh new server.
    Thanks for putting out the news
  4. Rebelicious Augur

I'm guessing after their failed EQ2 Tarinex pvp server they won't make another in either game. Sadly Tarinex failed because people could by xp pots and PL up in a day or two eliminating grouping opportunities so the point of nostalgic content was useless and the server was dead in a month. A PVP server could work, but the Devs would have to spend more time thinking it through then they are willing plus there's very low pop demand it to make it worth their while, sadly. To really make a pvp server work, you'd have to keep leveling/gearing balanced and equal.

A good alternative would be a PVE server, with special PVP events that anyone could choose to participate in... not just battlegrounds but special contested open world bosses, sieges, weekly wars for special titles, gear, prizes... but to do that they'd have to invest in supplementing the existing game code... and I think that more unlikely that reboot EQNext... which is very sad since, a viable PVP addition to the base game would really be popular provided pve bluebies could be undisturbed.
    Hekkthebank and Corydon Coles like this.
  5. Corydon Coles Elder

I've suggested some builds that would work. I'm aware of the issues and have played on a lot of servers. I'd have to say the most fun server build was the team pvp.
    Anyhow thanks for the reply
    Hekkthebank and Rebelicious like this.
  6. xmPradah Not a dude

So is the Community Manager position replacing Accendo, or in addition to?
  7. Kayfis New Member

Here's my take whatever it's worth.

The server definitely needs to have truebox lifted. Also, I would like to see it have special gear for 6 man achievements too. It has to be more than just about the raids imo.
  8. Numiko Augur

I'm wondering how you are supposed to kill Cazic Thule at 40 when you can't get into the zone till 46 ....
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

To make these goals more attainable, many level restrictions will be relaxed on this server, allowing players to use items they normally could not and land spells on NPCs far above your level. Zone level restrictions will also be relaxed, but not removed.
    Rebelicious and Skuz like this.
  10. Kayfis New Member

I'm curious how pets,stun, mez,and lull will work.
    I just hope they give pets enough power. I'd hate for melee to reign supreme, also I'm worried enchanters and bards will be in a wierd place.
  11. Yarteb Elder

In that era, the classic bosses will not have MotM. Also, pets should have their defensive ability restored to the original levels. Still, the best pets would be level 33 trying to hit level 50+ mobs.
  12. Yarteb Elder

13. Yarteb Elder

Yinla answered regarding the easing of entry restrictions, but which revision of Hate and Fear will we get on Vaniki? Will Fear break-ins resemble the old rush in and hope some of us survive to rez the others? There can be a lot of level 48+ mobs at entry. Sounds like fun ?
  14. Soul544 New Member

So whats the reward for grinding at lvl 40?....i mean we can't build up AA's so all the wasted exp and time goes where?....plus with more risk wheres the reward other than saying you did it? Will equipment get a buff as well? like more ac/hp/mana? I think we need more info on what the positives will be for being under leveled through a whole tlp...and another casual standard TLP repeat that everyone that wanted to play through , already has the multiple that yall have made before this and don't stay after PoP.....
  15. Nahuelco New Member

I think this is a neat idea! Level caps will close the gap between hard-core and casual players and further persuade alt-aholics to continue.

I hope aa's are brought in at 40, just the basic Luclin ones. Please keep auto grant enabled! (Hopefully our banked aa limit is increased, more than what each exp allows)

It appears casters will have a chance with focus items and aa clickies. Melee will still be supreme once they figured out which camps are best to grind gear.

I only have 2 concerns:
    - 1 hour inbetween expansions when the level cap is raised seems a bit rushed. However, server first guilds will love this.
    6 hour window would give raid forces a chance to run through many in Era raids and casuals to have a chance with at least 1 in Era.

- Will there be GM/guide events? This server would be perfect for this and would give people at max level something to do.

ps - please enable free trade.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  16. Havik New Member

We heard you wanted OoW locked server. Best we can do is start at GoD and level lock to 40.
    Hobitses likes this.
  17. Walkin New Member

Please tell me these "New Progression Servers" include a PVP server?!
    Hekkthebank likes this.
  18. Yarteb Elder

The answer is gear. Within the wide range of zones available, there are lots of level 40 groupable camped and quested items that match or exceed early planar gear.
  19. Iven the Lunatic

Ah, that does make sense. So Jenn Chan is the puppet player behind them. :D
  20. Yarteb Elder

I suspect the 1 hour between expansions is for the devs so that the expansions open with the usual software instead of having to make more changes.
    Waring_McMarrin and Skuz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.