EverQuest: Call of the Forsaken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Illusionist_Innania, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Only 2 months to enjoy T4?

That has got to be a joke, this needs to be delayed.
    Axxius and Kelefane like this.
  2. Kelefane Augur

The only way it makes sense to release it in September, is if it completely overlaps T4 as mentioned. Meaning, an extension of T4. Which would also mean, a complete and total lateral gear path. That is about the only way that it will work. Otherwise, T4 had the shelf life of a banana.

If T4 was really meant to have a short shelf life, i'd really love to hear the devs logic behind it.

This isnt exactly staggering content. To me, this is throwing content into the garbage before its expiration date. I dont think a lot of us signed up for this style of "staggered release" stuff (assuming the worst happens)

So if the worst does happen, I wish I had known beforehand so that I didnt spend the time creating a T4 gear plan. Not to mention, others wasting DKP and whatnot in T4.

This is shaping up to be one of the most mind-boggling moves in EQ history. In fact, the news could get even worse if they announce a level increase with it. Time will tell though. Lets wait and see what they say about it tomorrow.
    Fenudir likes this.
  3. Jyve Augur

Good advice.
  4. smash Augur

This really sound like too soon.
    About 2 months to play in T4, and get items is way too Little.
    But honestly a LDoN like expansion can then make one return to T4, I strongly disliked it when that was out, imo it was one of the darker chapters in the story of eq.
  5. Kelefane Augur

Because LDoN bred cliques etc and left a lot of folks out in the cold. It was fun, but if you didnt have many friends, and didnt have a set group, it was painfully slow going at times.
  6. Laronk Augur

Gnome beastlord
  7. Laronk Augur

I didnt feel that this was the case during LDON but I was a bard at the time. All I had to do was have lfg on and I got invites to hards.

At least redoable instanced content encourages grouping specially if there's a point system
    Jyve likes this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LDON was boring, too repetitive. But at least older content was still worth doing.
  9. Sebbina Augur

Was yesterday April 1?
    Fenudir and Genadine like this.
  10. gnomeboss Augur

i know we don't know details and i'm likely jumping the shark gun, but think about the possible epic /facepalm that soe could inflict on the subscribers.

consider the new race/class combos voted on by the players. what if each account gets 1 vote. what if every combination not available now is an option. what if only 1 new race/class option gets added? the rage would. be. epic. when something like dark elf ranger was announced as the most popular choice. i'm totally stoked to see how this plays out.
    silku likes this.
  11. Rogue Augur

I hope they disable race change potions to change to the new combos.
    Kelefane likes this.
  12. Gragas Augur

More content, no complaints here.
    Genoane likes this.
  13. Jonny Panic Augur

This REEKS of laziness. Just plain STINKS of it. EQ and EQ2 are supposed to be two different games. Not realities... games. You may as well have Battlefield 3 crossover with Super Mario Bros (the original) or Assassin's Creed 5 crossover with Kabuki Quantum Fighter. Have Injustice 2 crossover with Pong. It's a complete collapse of SOE's willingness to create lore.

This should not happen. EQ is not Star Trek, is not Stargate or Doctor Who. That we've crossed over to other worlds in Norrath's timestream is one thing, like Ku'ua, but crossing EQ and EQ2 is just something that should not happen.

May as well cross EQ with WoW. Or Asheron's Call 2. Ultima Online. Second Life. It's sick.

Lore is what creates a suspension of disbelief. If lore fails, there is no suspension of disbelief, and nothing to support escapism. At that point, all there is left to play for is numbers. It stops being a game and becomes a mathematical exercise. For those of us looking to get away for a little while... a fundamental premise of subscription-based gaming as a business... the model fails.
    Fenudir likes this.
  14. Kelefane Augur

Maybe more content, but if the "worst" happens as mentioned, it would still be a pisspoor business decision on SOEs part.
    Fenudir likes this.
  15. Tegila Augur

um JP, you do realize that eq and eq2 are very similar on lore no? theyre not entirely different games like star wars and super mario would be, same gods etc just different gameplay, so why not have one of the giant mythical figures overlap instead of only using the old existing ones

the games are very overlappy like that, itsn ot like theyre overlapping it with vanguard or planetside
    Illusionist_Innania likes this.
  16. Kelefane Augur

So do I. I think the point of the new class/race combos is to get folks to playing in the early/mid levels again. Being able to race change your maxed out main to one of the new races it can be kind of defeats that purpose.
  17. Gragas Augur

What "worst"?
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as there is some explanation in EQ as to what is going on it shouldn't be an issue. I've tried EQ2 a couple of times over the last 10 years and haven't got on with it, i think the highest level I ever got ws 20. So I have no clue on their lore or any NPCs, I know a lot of my friends haven't even tried it. I can think of it as an undiscovered world invading us.........again.

At this stage I'm more concerned as to how many proper zones we get, how many missions, how many raids, spells & AAs, how much will be in the 2nd update and what it is going to cost.

Lets hope all this gets answered in 8 hours time.
  19. Imrahil Augur

I am very dubious about this early launch, but I will hold back final judgment until I hear more details.
    Jyve likes this.
  20. SpamFactory Augur

not if the purpose is to sell more marketplace race change tokens! makes sense from a business perspective to do something that would create more microtransactions