EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accipiter Old Timer

Ah, so now you are telling me my opinion is wrong? WTF is wrong with you?
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

3. ECrack Augur

Sorry guy I hate to correct you again. (jk)

But what you did was make a statement. As if it were fact. There was no opinion anywhere in your response.

By the way, now that I understand to break things down Barney style for you, I'll help you out.

When you (sarcastically) asked if the PvP servers ever had glory days and I asked you what server took down Kerafyrm first. The answer is Rallos Zek.

Let me know if you'd like any further history lessons.
    Tomar likes this.
  4. Somberlain New Member

Its always Blue Carebears that cry every time someone mentions a Red Server. Do you guys even know how much the Game, Groups, or Raids change playing under a Red Servers rules? It doesnt even have to have Item Loot, Points since those were useless, or even Coin Loot.

Its for an angle of the Game you never experienced before. A new element of danger. You really have to interact with Players and Guilds. Your Friend today, could be your Enemy tomorrow because of their Guild Tag. Camps dont exist, if someone steamrolls you out of the Zone, its theirs.

You have to change your gameplan up a lot while playing Red. Everyone wants to mention how "toxic" Red Servers are... Blue Players are just as toxic, the only difference is on Red you can legally do something about it. On Blue all you can do is blacklist someone. Quit crying or complaining about people wanting Red, and saying PvP was never good on EQ... PvP is just fine, its a TEAM GAME, and a COMMUNITY. Just because a Rogue in Kunark cant beat an Epic Mage 1v1, doesnt mean PvP is broken. It means that Rogue doesnt have any friends.
    Brawl, Kittany and ECrack like this.
  5. Kittany Augur

This may be my rose colored glasses, but, the imbalance in the game was apart of the draw. As a bard, I ran from just about everybody. But then again, I was also able to dish it out as well by picking and choosing my targets.

I remember having epic duels with a human flayed skin wearing shadow knight in the common lands, darkies all over the place and shorties over in Feydwar. Heck, my first introduction to Vallon Zek was a group of slaughter gnomes was camping the new player spawn point (This was before the level 1 protection went in) and finding myself dead because they was farming newbie tunics to sell. (Literally, it was "Loading please wait.... You have died. Loading please wait)
    ECrack likes this.
  6. Somberlain New Member

I played in those days too. Thanks Fansy The Famous Bard on Sullon Zek for making the Newbie Grief rules...

Ive played Red99, played Rise of Zek and the other servers. Every time i've started fresh and moved up, there are players there from Blue Side that want to do Blue things under a Red Tag, and see the differences for themselves. How much does the game change with a Red Tag? And the answer is, a lot.

What harm does it do you carebears to have a True Hardcore Server? For people who really want to play under different rules? Your answer is always the same, go play on an server. You think Kronos, and potions wont sell on a PvP Server? You think people arent willing to pay to Raid Stomp, or Port Gank people again? Or that people really dont want to try a different ruleset?

Theres non PvPers on PvP servers, just for the different style of gameplay. The naysayers are the Box Armies that cant compete with Red Players because they cant profit themselves.
  7. Kahna Augur

Ahh. The annual PvP thread. I remember last year when the PVP faction was swearing that when Agnarr hit lock whole guilds would be flagging PvP out of boredom. I recall encouraging them to do some hardcore recruiting for a couple of PvP guilds on Agnarr. Perfect server for it and they could do the work to prove there was an actual market for PvP. Same way early progression guilds proved progression was popular. If all 200 people who signed the PvP petition had gotten off their , joined Agnarr, flagged for PvP, and played the game one of these two miserable servers might actually have PvP on it.

However, it seems that annual whining is about all they can muster up in support of their desired goal.
  8. Brawl Elder

And here you are with your annual whinge.

The "PVP faction" didn't swear anything. In fact, I simply made a post about how Agnarr could be an alternative PvP server if one didn't come into fruition to have some form of PvP other than Zek & R99 and a few of people commented on it - Instead of people getting bored with the lock, maxxing out and quitting the server - Because Blue with a lock is, y'know - Boring - much like your post.

Last year:
    You said it yourself:
    You raised fair points - that's why we want a real PvP server, obviously.
  9. Kahna Augur

Doesn't mean you all couldn't put in some effort towards making your goal a reality. Even if PvP guilds on Agnarr are doomed to failure in the long run, even the attempt will show DBG you guys are serious. A hand full of dedicated people running rival guilds, and a couple weeks of campaigning/recruiting and you guys could have a few months of PvP fun on your hands before it ultimately fell apart. DBG would notice, and your chances of getting a PvP server would increase. It certainly couldn't hurt your chances, since they seem to be at zero right about now.

Pretty sure I said this same thing last year too, but since the annual PvP request threads are working so well for you guys just keep trying that.
  10. Tomar Journeyman

I’d consider this as a last resort until my subscription ran out.

But I’d prefer a PvP TLP as would many others. After all, PvP is the real hardcore. Mangler as a true hardcore with PvP would be more popular than what it is right now. Just keep the rule set on Mangler but add team based PvP to it. Maybe even FV rules to make it more popular.
    ECrack likes this.
  11. Titanuk88 Elder

trruth
  12. Kittany Augur

This honestly is the way I see it. Would I absolutely love to play a TLP PvP server? Yes. Would it recapture the memories I have when I played on Vallon Zek? Sadly no. The Zek servers back in the day was this wonderful experiment. We had our own rules, our own culture (And even these varied from server to server) and our own drama.

With the climate of today's EQ players and the prolific and polarizing attitude of the mighty buck over all, such a server would be rife with toxicity and abuse. So, I'm not sure if I would play given those conditions.
    Brawl likes this.
  13. Canardvc Lorekeeper

Bluebies crying about EQPvP being terrible after briefly trying. Reds advocating for a red TLP server. Well, sounds familiar, though no PvP TLP server to prove anything.

DB should at least give this a try, I'd play on it 100%, PvP on VZ was probably the best moments of gaming for me. Those who don't want to play EQ PvP can still go poopsock their blue TLP or wait for the next.
    Brawl likes this.
  14. Drexyll Lorekeeper

Everyone that says EQ PvP was a joke more than likely has never been on a PvP server. PvP is the most fun I have ever had on this game, and most anyone that has been on one of the old Zek servers will say the same. When you can kill real people instead of NPC's that is all you want to do. No competition. I'd much rather shout I just killed the baddest warrior, mage, rogue, etc in the land than get a server wide for taking out a raid mob. But realistically, I doubt it will ever happen as the high-ups at DBG don't think there is any money in it and that's all they care about.
    Brawl likes this.
  15. ECrack Augur

You obviously have no idea how dumb your idea is do you? You flag red on a bluebie server you might as well delete that character. You can't receive heals from blue players or buffs. So you're essentially telling people to spend months bringing up a character and then drink the punch hoping everyone else is going to do it too.

Only reason I am even replying to this is to point out you could benefit from equipping some intelligence items if you catch my drift.

The only way this could even be remotely plausible is if the Dev's flagged the entire server at once. But then that's not really the pvp experience everyone is looking for. It's the pvp on the way up. A lot of the fun of pvp is in the early levels before everyone has their raid gear or full sets of resist gear. So what you propose again, is dumb. Literally there isn't a better word to describe your suggestion. Please control your body next time you have an idea on a subject you know nothing about.
    Brawl likes this.
  16. Kahna Augur

If you recruited enough people to attempt the experiment together it wouldn't matter if you couldn't group with "blues". It's not like there are groups on Agnarr anymore anyway. It would be a micro community within the Agnarr community. Sell it right and you could even get bored "blue" players to roll a throw away red alt on the server. PvPers claim there is this huge population of people who would love to come back for TLP PvP, but they never actually manage to conjure one up. Nor do they even bother trying. Apparently they just want DBG to hand it to them on a platter, without doing any work to show that it is viable.

Not to mention, with Agnarr exp, leveling takes weeks, at most, not months.

If you really want a PvP TLP, do something about it. Or the 12 of you who want PvP can just keep whining on the forums every few months.
    Stagentti likes this.
  17. Muswar New Member

I think that is the defenition of "do something about it"

We cant to mutch more then ask/whine about it =)
  18. Stagentti Augur

Looks like you missed the rest of his post so I'll reshare for ya:

If you recruited enough people to attempt the experiment together it wouldn't matter if you couldn't group with "blues". It's not like there are groups on Agnarr anymore anyway. It would be a micro community within the Agnarr community. Sell it right and you could even get bored "blue" players to roll a throw away red alt on the server. PvPers claim there is this huge population of people who would love to come back for TLP PvP, but they never actually manage to conjure one up. Nor do they even bother trying. Apparently they just want DBG to hand it to them on a platter, without doing any work to show that it is viable.
  19. Zithax Elder

seems like you're the one that's crying, red server carebear "i can't make friends like normal people but I found my tribe in this toxic af ruleset failure in an mmo"
  20. Locnar Journeyman

I'm gonna chime in. I played in beta during the forth phase when Rallos Zek was first luanched and tested. Played day 1 live on Rallos and then moved to Sullon Zek day 1 Luclin when it launched.

PvP in EQ goes back to the very beginning and I think its a shame its been cast away into a trash heap. After 100000 blue TLP servers, we deserve and need ONE TLP pvp red server.

PvP servers make for a more immersive world and up the challenge through player interaction. No having to make the xp 1000x more or put silly buffs on monsters.

Want a challenge server? Turn pvp on Mangler and there you go.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.