EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stagentti Augur

Ok man have fun with this attitude. I was simply asking a question about Fippy but if you wanna go that route, on you.
  2. PVPme Augur

Attitude?

I'm just pointing out its funny to me when a 9 year old PvE server is brought up by bluebies its only dead because "its old", but when a 9 year old PvP server is brought up by bluebies its dead because "PvP sucks, see no one wants to PVP"

I'm not saying you personally said that or anything. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything.
  3. ECrack Augur

THIRTY
    TWO
    PAGES!!!!!

I will literally be surprised.

SURPRISED if we don't get more pages! The PvP movement is buffed with Selo's Sonatta! WE JUST DOWNED SOME DRAGONS AND EQUIPPED SELOS DRUM OF THE MARCH BOYS MAXIMUM SPEED! CAN I GET A LYRE'S LEAP UP IN HERE! FULL BLOWN MACH 10000!!!! ITS OVER 9000 BOYS! HYPE HYPE HYPE
    PVPme likes this.
  4. WTBPvpTLP New Member

If Daybreak/Darkpaw is truly making a PvP battle royal game it would be silly to ignore a whole PvP player base in one of their games.

Surely we'll hear some sort of feedback.

other then: Go stomach 16+ years of neglect on Live Everquest PVP and we'll think about it
    ECrack likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When are you going to stop comparing air to cold hard cash?

Never I guess since you keep on doing it.
  6. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

Is this how the PVP TLP community thinks servers work?

Wow.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Just an aside here but DPG cannot make any server last - that is 100% up to the community that goes to the server.

If they knew how to they would have done it already but every live & TLP server has experience a steady decline after release, just how it goes.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It isn't, end of.

https://www.firesofheaven.org/threads/everquest-ama-answered.10980/

42. When can we expect EQ browser? When can we expect EQ battle royale?

Alan: I don't know about browser games. And never for an EQ battle royale, if I have anything to say about it (and I might not…)

Holly: Nope and NO.
    PVPme likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Your image has "what Brad wanted" - this is factually incorrect, Brad was THE person most against PvP at all, he had done his homework, all of the MuD's around at the time were looked at, vast majority of populated ones were PvE, PvP ones were tried by the team during their research, they were tiny & were very aggressively anti newbie, they settled on making EQ a PvE game from the start & Brad & John (Smedley) had huge arguments over it, it was Smedley who wanted PvP & it was Brad who convinved him to not make EQ a PvP game - John has been on the record to say this himself & said "Brad was right" in several media sources.

https://nygamecritics.com/2019/11/2...-of-legendary-everquest-creator-brad-mcquaid/

Brad had a clear vision in his head from Day 1. Most of what he was excited about came from his absolute love of Diku Muds. They had a real impact on how he thought about game design. In particular Brad was always focused on the PvE aspects of making an online game.

https://www.shacknews.com/article/110494/better-together-stories-of-everquest?page=2#detail-view

JOHN SMEDLEY
    Brad's and my only real point of contention was, I wanted player-versus-player in EverQuest. I pushed that hard. A lot of that was a reaction to Ultima Online, but that desire was there quite a bit before that. The idea of having different races, some of which are antagonistic to each other—it felt natural to me that there should be some sort of PVP.
    Brad, to his credit, saw the importance of co-op, and that's really what made EverQuest.

Just had to correct you there since that "myth" (Brad wanted EQ to be PvP) needs to die a horrible death & burn in hell.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. PVPme Augur

Right, so with a game that's in decline I don't see the logic in telling an entire community who enjoys playing PvP in Everquest to kick rocks.

The PvP Crusade is up to like 300ish members after 2 weeks. If you add in boxs that could be a popular server, even if you assume no other players try it. I'd guess majority of the currently TLPs have less then 500 players (based on general chat and what I've seen/heard) so I see no reason this server couldn't be profitable if those servers are. Lets not forget the loads of potions people will be buying for an edge up.

Why would Darkpaw not wanna make money off people who enjoyed playing EverQuest PVP?
  11. Brunlin Augur

im not for or agaisnt PVP but your point is valid.
  12. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Skuz are you seriously going to bring up Brad and his choices he made 20 years ago and put words in a dead mans mouth?

Do you have any dignity and respect for our founder and his legacy ?

Your desperate to dismiss other people’s expression or desires and argue if they don’t align with your own..

Pvp 2020 make it happen !
  13. ECrack Augur

WOW WEEEEEEEEEEEE THIRTY THREEEEEEEEEEE PAGES HOLY COW!

SERIOUSLY Thank you EVERYONE for your continued love and support for our PvP cause! Bodies are getting ready, red bulls are being bought in bulk. Legit Sam's Club's across the nation are scrambling to figure out what to do about the Red Bull shortage!

I legit just bought a bunch of stock in Red Bull and Coca....Cola. All this additional revenue poured into these companies IS in fact our marketing hype scam!

I'm going to be honest with you guys, legit Red Bull Stocks and Coca.......Cola stocks are going to sky rocket due to this TLP PvP dream being realized. Not only will I be rich in sodium as soon as the server launches but I'll also actually be rich in money.

Thank you again to everyone contributing to the Big PvP Thread! The Dev's can't ignore our march to victory! Rallos is sharpening his blade and licking his lips in anticipation of the coming PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER WARSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

15. Dulu Augur

We had a popular Reddit thread, which we had about 100 people upvote. We were banned from the official Reddit, because there is "No way we have 100 people in support of this".

Our numbers have multiplied 4x since that.

Now our discord is fake too? Is that why all of our people were banned (and then unbanned) from the official discord today?

Why can't you salty haters just accept there is a market for a game you don't want to play?

[IMG]
  16. ECrack Augur

Thanks for your continued support PvPlulz! What class/race are you going to roll on the PvP TLP? I'm thinking Ench/Cleric I know they're the most powerful duo on blue servers but I'm really interested to see their power level on a Red server LOL
    Dulu likes this.
  17. NinjutsuMMO Augur

There are those who support pvp

Those who are not interested in pvp

And for some strange and unusual reason against pvp ?

The pvp community in discord is larger than 5 of the tlp servers combined which will think speaks for itself
  18. Runes Augur

It doesn't speak squat since Dscord is free to join unless you believe the recent screens shots of the Krono shakedown or boots from the channel

The paying population is all that matters which is hundred times more than the PvP population, not even close. Nice try at spin though
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You are so completely wrong & off base here you need to sit down & frankly shut the hell up, you don't even have a clue what you are saying here since I quoted an article that was compiled from interviews with the actual people I referred to & i did so because I wanted to correct misinformation & hearsay, I even provided the links to go look for yourself.

I have said it before I shall repeat myself:

I am not against a TLP PvP server IF YOU CAN PROVE YOU HAVE THE NUMBERS TO MAKE IT FEASIBLE.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. ECrack Augur

Skuz! Another PvP advocate joins our noble cause! Welcome to the ranks!! We're so excited to have you and thank you for making PvP the most talked about topic on the forums! /SALUTE
    PVPme likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.