Enchanter Charming

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Kaelah, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Mizoto Lorekeeper

I haven't charmed in current content, but around level 80 this technique would have a charmed pet dead too quickly to pull another mob. Do the fights last a lot longer?
  2. Frammish New Member

instant invis pots ftw =) when I first really started pushing the limits on swarms in Tosk I could only get 5 in a swarm without loose'n the pet the times that I was able to get 7+ the second I charmed a pet i was already mouse'n over to to the invis pot and clicking make a few custom hkeys and swarms kept getting bigger. roll the dice =p sometimes they come up craps sometimes all 7's there is also the fact that once you break your pet and recharm another they do not auto dps your pet they want to kill you not you fresh charm pet. use this moment to tag more to bring in and have your pet attack the new mob inc to the swarm. you just increased your swarm size with no lost pet. time root to land as pull hits swarm too .
    P.S. I in no way save every pet every time some die to lag some to miss click some to lazyness and some to more instant 1 hit dps from huge swarms this is something I can't teach. that is why I say work into it.
    I encourage all of you to not limit your capabilities continue to think constantly how you can improve on your techniques and try them out
    here's a pro tip to think on for huge swarms AA -dreary deeds. there are times when you have to go backwards to go foreward and also times when a debuff becomes a buff. master the manipulation as said this class breeds control freeks learn to manipulate control of your mind and the way you think about everything and you can master huge swarms
    Fram
    shiftie likes this.
  3. Tyar of The Rathe New Member

Great thread! but... what is this "fade" you speak of? stasis?
  4. Mykaylla Augur

Yes, both Stasis and Friendly Stasis can be used for your own self-preservation.
    silku likes this.
  5. Tyar of The Rathe New Member

yep that I knew, I'd just never heard of it referred to as "fade"... I didn't know if there was an AA or spell I was overlooking.
  6. silku Augur

Most people refer to all of those as 'fade' in reference to the bard ability 'fading memories.'
    Tyar of The Rathe likes this.
  7. Frammish New Member

ahhh yes when I say "fade" I do mean self /friendly stassis :oops: srry I am a day 1 chanter and at times I find myself stuck in habit with use'n long time EQ/chanter speak so long as I don't use the ancient secret squirrel format you all should be fine :D
    P.S. some of the new HA's have some fun set ups for swarming by no means are they as efficient as static zones but fun to do none the less with an occasional yellow/white con in the mix makes for some fun/skill improving good times as well as some entertaining death sequences. by the way where have others been doing fun chant stuff of late? any sugestions <<<allways lookin for somewhere new to play/test the skills
    Happy hunting Fram
  8. Teferi_Zebuxoruk Master

Anyone else use Delivery Facilitator + Scintillating Beam on their swarms? Get your pet, pull your swarm, hit your Boots of the Mosquito/Invis potion when pet is low as per protocol. Hit Scint beam(at maxed AA level to get the root component) ... break them all with your Delivery Facilitator(AE small nuke) ... now you have all your mobs just standing there rooted, plus they are snared when root wears off). Charm the mob with the most HPs and continue or get a new pet and send it in. I never charm solo anymore because I box and maxed my AA but that's how I used to experience.
  9. Dandin Augur

Everyone charm solo's a bit differently.

myself I pull my swarm, Beguilers direct banishment and then charm one, then sick pet. they will all be standing relatively close together so the pet gets eaten pretty fast.

at 10% health, roughly i hit Group perfected Invisibility, then punt again. Then Recharm.. repeat process till all are dead.

No mezz required, no downtime. Fast kills and blazing XP.

If you want efficent advice. send me a tell on the forums
    Sinestra likes this.
  10. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Boots of the Mosquito FTW
  11. Dandin Augur

Same idea. >.< the difference in cast time is minimal
  12. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

It looks minimal, but the difference between casting instantly while moving vs. stopping, waiting to let the server realize you've stopped, casting time, and then running again is actually quite large, especially if you have to let your mount accelerate/decelerate if you're mounted.

Plus, you can more accurately break charm at lower pet hitpoints since you don't have to consider cast time, etc.
  13. Dandin Augur

Depends again on play style. I keep my swarm dead centre in front of me. Movement is not an issue.

Mounts? Sure. But my style is so mana efficent that I don't run OOM very often: and if I do. I have a myriad of AAs to regain it

I would post a video. But we all know what happened last time, don't we?