[ENC] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

What kind of BP focus and clicky do you guys want to see in the next expansion?
    Same one? Old one? New idea? Please give your feedback, it will be passed on to the devs.

Some guidelines -
    - Top 3 spell choices for focusing are suggested.
    - Focuses that impact usability of any spells/abilities are good (ex: heal/dmg focus %, spell haste, reduced timer, extended duration)
    - Wanting same as existing BP is fine

For reference, the current focus:
    [47254] ENC Unity Reuse Time 2000
    1: Reduce Timer by 2s
    2: Limit Spells: Enticer's Unity
    3: Limit Spells: Phantasmal Unity
    4: Limit Spells: Arcane Unity
    5: Limit Spells: Spectral Unity
    Reduces the recast time of Enticer's Unity by 2 seconds.

Current clicky:
    [47257] Cerebral Acumen
    Target: Caster Group
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks)
    1: Cast: Form of Mana
    7: Increase Current Mana v2 by 1840 per tick
    Text: Your brain heats up as it fills with new insight.
    Grants your party members new insight, replenishing #7 mana every six seconds for %z.
    [20873] Form of Mana
    Target: Self
    1: Illusion: Scrykin (2)
  2. Brohg Augur

Unity reuse is fabulous.

Click could be literally anything. It's cute that the illusion used is unique, would like to see something new each expansion? oo, how about a group Alliance click that makes the party take on the appearance of a targeted friendly NPC? probably too difficult?
  3. Vrinda Augur

Nooooo!!! I have enough illusions in my block list as it is. :eek:
    Xikteny and RPoo like this.
  4. Ismel Augur

Ya as fun as changing the group is, it would be ugly on raids =)
    honestly I am pretty happy with our BP, this is not to say that more and better isnt wanted but the focus is a good choice and more mana is never a bad thing.
    I got it on the same hotkey as miniature horn of unity as they are both 10min and give mana.
  5. RPoo Augur

Rune refresh is fine, Mindsunder / mindcleave refresh would be better and clicky If continuing with the mana return, it needs more mana returned and bringing back the debuff would be cool
    Sindaiann likes this.
  6. Sindaiann Augur

Agree, needs the mana return increased. Happy with the BP click aside from that.
  7. Aelen Augur

I disagree on the debuff part. The only good thing about that debuff was that it had a 10 hit limit.

It's the same damage mod as Tash, so stacking diminished the relative impact.

It takes up a debuff slot while it's there, which is a problem with more stuff taking more slots every expansion.

The MR debuff was tiny compared to the 3 other debuffs that are used for that.

On a raid there are 97 slots and 54 players, each player must necessarily average out to use less than 1.8 total debuff slots to fit. With so many classes using many more than that, the median value must necessarily be 0.

And at the same time the debuff disappeared, the robe switched from a 12s regen to a 30s regen. I wish more cleanup and consolidation of junk like this would happen, and with the way robe clicks are tuned I don't think any of them should be a debuff of any kind.

I like the change from the old style to the new style. The Enc BP click is a nice one. I'd rip it off and carry it to other classes if I could.
  8. fransisco Augur

Could the unity refresh time be changed to an AA? Other classes are being asked if they can make a good case for doing so.
    This has been the enchanter focus for soo long, our runes are basically balanced around this reduced recast time. Since it has become such a standard aspect of enchanters, I think its time it becomes an AA instead of a peice of gear.
    It also opens up our bp to have a new interesting focus.
    Perhaps increase our charm level cap by 1, to 105?
    Or a increase in charm duration.
    Reval likes this.
  9. gotwar Gotcharms

The chances of everyone agreeing on a focus change are... slightly north of 0%.

It's probably best left as is, unless the Unity focus can be changed to an AA as mentioned above. The unity refresh is too good to lose, imo.

Though I do prefer the old debuff click to the newer mana regen click like Renaii does, it's also probably best left alone.
  10. Fian Augur

Current click effect and focus effect are useful, especially if you are a tanking enc. It should be noted that we currently have the following challenges as an enc:
    1. Mana loss. We seem to be the class sucking wind the most now after the mindstorm nerf.
    2. Damage over Time spells kill us despite our runes.

So anything that helps solve either of those problems would be prized by enc (current BP helps with #1). Give me a self heal BP and I would be all over that, but let's face it, would probably not be in the best interest of the balance of the game.
  11. fransisco Augur

Mana is REALLY rough on my enchanter. Something that helps that would be great.
    As well, the DoT agro is insane. What about a 10% less agro focus?
  12. Brohg Augur

DOT agro is insane specifically because focus effects completely don't work on that. That focus could be 700%, it would change nothing until a deep code update made the whole exercise superfluous
  13. fransisco Augur

I guess lets hope that necros and druids get their change soon. Then there will be enough voices to fix dot agro.
    Assuming druids actually exist
  14. fransisco Augur

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of the focus becoming an AA, and being replaced with either a deagro (flat 5% less agro? or less agro on dots) or something fun like increasing charm lvl.

The click REALLY needs a higher mana return
  15. Brohg Augur

Spell Casting Subtlety AA is 68% lower agro. The deagro aura that you never cast is 12%. The deagro buff you never cast is 50%. Do you ever click your Arcane Whisper AA? Do you even have a button for your Arcane Whisper AA? I sure don't.

Still not a thing this week.
  16. Aelen Augur

SPA 114 doesn't work on DoTs. Subtlety, visages, Knight aggro buffs, Bold attacks.

SPA 130 does. Though if you stack too much negative 130 it makes negative aggro. Otherwise I'd suggest we get a SPA 130 DoT-only subtlety AA for DoT classes. As it stands now, it'd probably fix DoT aggro normally, but also jolt away your aggro during Silent Casting.

DoT aggro looks like a bug based on the wording of the subtlety AAs. DoTs are still "Spells" or "Attacks". I'd think fixing it with the BP focus would be a ripoff. Shouldn't have to give up a slot to get a bug fixed.

Aggro mods are quirky. 114 doesn't apply to your first action on a mob, for instance.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  17. fransisco Augur

Wow brohg. do you plan an enchanter, or just troll alot?
    Agros different without a broken raid geared sk tank.
  18. Sindaiann Augur

Any tank tbh. Harmonious ftw. Use it, but yeah I use every ability I need to on raids/grps to maximize no matter the setting.

Both fades
    Arcane Whisper
    Silent Casting
    FD Potion
    Phantasmal/Dopple/Ally/Dimension Shield/Instability

Whatever I gotta use, I use it.

To be fair its only ever an issue with a tank that isn't very good, or in situations on raids where you are maximizing dps and jumping ahead of mark a bunch. And even then just see the previous comment. If the tank is worth a damn it doesn't matter.

And even then, if you use everything you have progressively, it probably doesn't matter that much.

*Just to be clear, dot aggro always been like this. Our dots are just better now and take a better management then just dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot.*
    gotwar likes this.
  19. gotwar Gotcharms

At the risk of starting an argument, a few things I'd like to point out that led to my "It's probably best left as is" statement above.

Aggro reduction anything: We have 2 fades (+FD pot), 2 AA blurs, 2 AA aggro reductions, silent casting, auras, and visages. A third of our toolkit involves "ways to screw up aggro's day, all day, every day." Aggro wakes up in the morning and sees an Enchanter laughing maniacally, and at night its nightmares are filled with Enchanters violating it with their epics. The last thing we need is a reduction in DoT aggro.

Furthermore, because of the unique abilities we have, an aggro reduction hurts us in the group game and hurts others in the raid game. If I need to tank for a sub-optimal group, DoTs are the only way I can consistently hold aggro over Wizards and Zerkers. Likewise, on raids, I like being right behind the MT on the hate list. If the situation goes FUBAR, or someone blows a pickup assignment, or whatever, I would much rather get summoned and have my face bashed in than a DPS on burn or literally any other class in the raid aside from a plate tank. I can take the hits until things stabilize with minimal heal support, someone else probably can't. This is possible because DoT aggro jacks us up on the hate list, and its fantastic. If the next tank in the order has to fight me on aggro for whatever reason, I can hit a fade.

If your tank is having trouble holding aggro over your DoTs, you are either using a pet or have a bad tank, and in either situation you need to ask them to step aside and swap to DPS. With the mighty EOK AE aggro abilities for SK's and Warriors, I even have trouble ripping it off them when Twincast-Mindstorm spamming add-waves.

Mindsunder/Mindcleave recast: The end result of this focus, assuming it was done correctly and given enough of an increase to remove a third nuke from our dps weave.... is a tiny increase over our current "best" DPS weave on raids, and no increase at all in group content (due to Chaotic -> Nuke -> Nuke weave). Not worth losing Unity focus over, given how big of a game-changer that is in group content.

Charm level increase: Would never happen.

Beyond these three, I have no idea what else you would focus. A straight damage increase either on DoTs or nukes wouldn't be terrible, so long as it didn't have stacking issues with the Eyes of Life and Decay. Only "viable" if unity focus was changed to an AA, imo, and done in a way that didn't obsolete (or be surpassed by) the eyes.

Everyone seems happy-ish with the click effect, so long as the amount of mana gained was increased. Frankly I'd rather have the debuff click for a number of reasons I won't list here, but that doesn't seem to be the popular opinion.

tl;dr - something something, leave unity focus and click effect unchanged, increase the regen effect.
    RPoo, Sindaiann, Brohg and 1 other person like this.
  20. fransisco Augur

All of that is what you think/want. Which is fine.
    The purpose of this post is to ask the community what they feel they need.
    Unlike the other posters in this thread, I do not raid. I do not play with raid geared tanks. I am often in groups where a pet is the tank.

Tailoring the enchanter class to only be for raiders would make it suck. Badly. I'm glad to hear the problems groupers have are not your problems. That doesn't make them less valid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.