[ENC] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyreel Augur

Leave it as is assuming we get a standard or better increase in the mana regen on the click effect.
    The amount of 'power' given in a robe will not come close to fixing any mana issues for us.

What we could really use is an additional AA with something like 10k~15k mana return on a 10m~ timer or a significant reduction in Gather Mana AA refresh timer. We are in a good place but being the one that has to hold up a group or watch paint dry on raids when Gather Mana is down is terrible.
  2. SylSyl Lorekeeper

I'd like to see some sort of change, even though the current ones are wonderful. That way, I could carry around two robes, one from the current expansion and one from the previous expansion and wear whichever focus effect I preferred at the time. Also, I'd probably still be able to use the clicky from the other one from inventory. As expansions go forward the two effects could alternate, so it continues to work.

The question then becomes, what would we want? Aggro from DoTs is the biggest issue I see usually, it's way out of whack compared to our other spells. (And I admit, I still don't use Arcane Whisper or the aura or the visage). Actually, damage from DoTs is just as big an issue -- except that I'm so scared of DoTs that I just stay away from anywhere I might get one. You'd think I'd just bring a healer merc instead of avoiding whole zones... but I do what I do.

So... something DoT-related is the obvious choice.

Another thing that would be particularly appropriate would be a focus effect that reduces the recast time on several of our best nukes. Then we could do a rotation of our two best DDs instead of our three best DDs. This would also fit well with the robe-switching: do I want faster runes today (defense) or faster damage today (offense)? It's also possible to do this with a robe clicky that actually casts our best DD (to use in the cooldown between two spell casts), but that has a number of issues and complications; reducing the casting time of existing spells is better.

A focus effect that reduced the aggro from our Tashan spells would be traditional... but I have to say we really don't need or want that anymore.

Something that improved charming would be nice... but it would be surprisingly difficult to get enchanters to agree on what that should be. Something to reduce the chance of charm breaking early (better yet down to 0%) is probably not realistic. But maybe we could have something that gives us a warning (ie ALERT: charm will break in ten seconds) (perhaps it could function by actually extending the charm for ten seconds). The problem is, we won't like it if it has a CHANCE to do that. Either it does that 100% of the time or it's not worth having.

The best of all worlds would be to keep robes as is and get the above stuff on some other armor -- leggings perhaps. But I don't recall that that was an option.
  3. fransisco Augur

Arcane whisper is not an answer. At max AA, its usable on 1 mob every 10 minutes.
    Glamorous visage also isn't an answer. Both it and the deagro aura together are not enough to even counter mind wrack alone with an earth pet using agro weapons.
    If you're not in a holy trinity group, possibly with a pet or something else tanking, you just cannot use these spells as they are.

Unlike what previous posters think about raiding, group enchanters (most of us) need serious help in dealing with dot agro.

Due to the way charm works, this wouldn't be possible. Every tick, the creature makes a save vs the charm spell. If it succeeds, charm breaks. So its impossible to know ahead of time if charm will break early.
  4. tmplatten Lorekeeper

Charm breaks early,suddenly, all the time which is why I don't use it
  5. Blurred_Memories Augur

reduce reuse of unity rune by 16 seconds... so you know.. it can be as useful as it used to be.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  6. fransisco Augur

After this nerf, we should totally drop the unity focus for something more useful - like a general deagro focus.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

CH reuse reduce?
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Just so you don't think I am ignoring you guys, one of the CL's gave me a summary of this thread and I worked with that, Though I do see some things now.

The general gist I see (until the change in Runes) is to keep the current focus, and keep the click. With some other odd ideas
    My comment on the odd ideas are this... the Click effect will ALWAYS be a set non-scaling amount (the amount will likely increase I.E. if we keep the mana click the amount of mana returned will increase)
    So percentage increase in damage decreases in aggro reduction will not happen. A set amount of aggro reduction could be created. (something that ticks a spike of -X agro every tick for y ticks, or procs on z trigger for y count)
    If you really want to change the focus from Unity, I can listen to ideas.

Also, abbreviations are a bad idea. CH could mean a very many things. Please use full names. Links are even more helpful!
    Tereil likes this.
  9. Tereil Elder

DoT aggro reduction focus? Or a more...robust unity focus. I really like the current click.
  10. gotwar Gotcharms

I think (and please, someone call me out if you disagree) the general thoughts on the focus go something like this:

Prior to the unity change, our focus was a 17% (rounding up) reduction in recast time. Post change, this is now a 6% reduction in recast time. As a result, we got a double nerf (item focus on BP + nerf on unity itself) out of this. I think if the unity focus is kept, it needs to be changed to scale with the recast time change. 6 second reduction for raid, 5 for group.

This would change a rk3 unity recast from 28 seconds to 22 (with raid focus). This is still a crazy long recast time, and should still fit nicely into (what we must assume is) the design change regarding Enchanter tanking.

If that's completely out of the question, let us know so we can go back to the drawing board, so to speak, but I don't think it's an unreasonable request given that it should make both Enchanters and devs happy (ish).

While we're asking for things, for the click effect, if we could get a hybrid combo of the TBM raid click AND the COTF raid click (that gets scaled up for the next expansion), I think people would /itemgasm. See below:

Cotf Click:

[39469] Cerebral Intrusion
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Disease -200, Max Resist Chance: 95%
    Focusable: No
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 5m (50 ticks), Dispelable: Yes, Allow Fast Regen: No
    Max Hits: 10 Matching Spells
    Recourse: Cerebral Acumen
    1: Increase Base Spell Damage Taken by 2500
    2: Limit Resist: Lowest
    3: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    7: Increase Poison Counter by 1
    10: Decrease Magic Resist by 10
    Text: Your mind spasms as your willpower is siphoned.

Recourse:

[39470] Cerebral Acumen
    Target: Caster Group
    Range: 200', AE Range: 200'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Form of Mana
    7: Increase Current Mana v2 by 2333 per tick
    Text: Your brain heats up as it gathers stolen insight.

TBM Click:

[47257] Cerebral Acumen
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    7: Increase Current Mana v2 by 1840 per tick
    Text: Your brain heats up as it fills with new insight.

And yes, the TBM Click is just a scaled up version of the COTF click, without the +chromatic damage.

So this would all look something like this:

Cerebral Example
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Disease -200, Max Resist Chance: 95%
    Reflectable: Yes
    Duration: 5m (50 ticks), Dispelable: Yes, Allow Fast Regen: No
    Max Hits: 10 Matching Spells
    Recourse: Cerebral Acumen
    1: Increase Base Spell Damage Taken by 4500 <--- scaled up
    2: Limit Resist: Lowest
    3: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    7: Increase Poison Counter by 1
    10: Decrease Magic Resist by 10
    Text: Your mind spasms as your willpower is siphoned.

[39470] Cerebral Acumen
    Duration: 30s (5 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes <---- note duration
    7: Increase Current Mana v2 by 3000 per tick <--- also scaled up
    Text: Your brain heats up as it gathers stolen insight.

On a final note, please, for the love of <insert your in-game deity here>, don't consider some kind of aggro reduction focus. It's really not needed, and would be tragic if our click/focus was wasted that way.
    Tereil likes this.
  11. fransisco Augur

I would be ok with a mana click that is significantly higher.
    The focus however should be re-examined.
    After the rune nerf, its kinda worthless as is.

Don't do a agro click reduction, but a focus agro reduction would be wonderful.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

I use the mana click all the time, so a continuation of that would be great.
  13. Brohg Augur

A deagro focus won't accomplish anything. Literally - not colloquially literally, actually literally - nothing at all. It would be, in an absolute not a rhetorical sense, nonfunctional. Please stop even mentioning that.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  14. Tereil Elder

Stop mentioning, aye!
    I believe you. I will retract my want for it. Could you, perchance enlighten me why it would be useless, though? I am in the dark on it and would like to learn more!

...though, having something, not necessarily the BP, that reduced hatred, kind of an unaggro damage shield that reduced hatred. Can see a mob hitting the enchanter then slowly stopping because it forgot why it wasn't mad at you. Slowly would be relative, of course, since chapters cant take as many hits with the unity nerf, but still. An anniversary click or something like that! Probably already exists somewhere.

Ok. I will stop now.
  15. fransisco Augur

please tell me why a deagro focus wouldn't do anything?
    Enchanters are built around dealing with getting hit because they get agro all the time.

Anything that lessens are agro would be great.
  16. Brohg Augur

Enchanter's agro comes dots - and dots are not subject to worn or buff or innate(AA) focusing. Just plain doesn't work. It's like - like carrying an umbrella to keep from getting wet walking through a puddle. Umbrellas help keep from getting wet! Puddles get you wet! Must help? Doesn't help - doesn't apply whatsoever.

Now, I'll believe you if you say you're getting unwanted agro from nukes or debuffs or, like, melee (I don't know), since I don't think y'all are in the habit of lying, but if you are it's not an enchanter class issue; that's something to address with whoever should be tanking, since the agro of those enchanter activities is relatively minuscule.
  17. Tereil Elder

Ahh. Very true. I knew that about DoTs. Don't know why I didn't make the connection. Ah well.
  18. Ismel Augur

Scale up the focus, so its back to the 15% or so it was before the recast change to unity rune, 6 sec for group and 8 for raid focus or there about.

I am generally happy with the click, but more is of course better =)
    Sindaiann likes this.
  19. fransisco Augur

Brohg. Why don't you just stop posting here. Nothing you say is very constructive
  20. fransisco Augur

In retrospect, my reply to Brohg was a little rude - but I cannot edit it anymore.

The difference Brohg is that not all enchanters play with great tanks.
    The people I play with usually have a pet tank. 1 dot and nothing else can peel the single mob off the pet.
    Lets all try and be constructive here for the enchanter class, not accuse people of lying cause they play the game differently.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.