Druid DoTs taking a hit in new patch

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Raeff the Druid, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Soriano Augur

Druid Swarm line no longer stacks?

REALLY?

I will never log in again if this stays like that...

after how many years of them stacking they no longer stack?

This is supposed to be good for some reason?
  2. Nylrem Augur

Yes, it IS good. You can now cast 4 dots and watch a mob die in 45s, instead of casting 7 dots and taking 90s.

If you don't understand how that is better, dunno what to tell ya.
  3. gofortheko New Member

I can only cast two DoTs a disease and poison on my shaman, and they reduced my poison line damage by half.
  4. Soriano Augur

That may be the case for a druid above level 80...but for one below level 80 it destroys the game play...

a single swarm DoT is not enough at the lower levels...
  5. Perplexed Augur

Then you have 3 choices, quit or adapt or try another class.
  6. Slippry Augur

Also: Play on live.
  7. Nylrem Augur

Sub 80? ... I didn't know anyone... besides progression servers... played more than a couple days, max, per toon, sub 80 any more.

Even with zero help other than a tank merc, would think any class would be above level 80 in a few days?
  8. Wispur Elder

What's this about? Can Druids no longer cast Dots in Wolf form?

Also, in what way are the Druid Dots so badly nerfed on the TLP's?

(Thinking about playing Druid on Agnarr)
  9. DruidCT Augur

I don't know anything about conflicts or nerfs for DoTs related to wolf form.

What has recently changed is the ability to cast Black/White wolf AA while on a mount. Group versions always(?) worked (just blocking the illusion) but the self version used to be blocked by being on mount. Recently they changed the self version to work while on mount (mount blocks illusion, but lets the effect through). This is an awesome change. For their next trick they need to make the self white/black wolf buffs be permanent with longish recast timers to switch which "mode" you want your druid in.... healer or dps. You can effectively do this yourself alternating group/self wolf forms.... just would be nice to have it be automatic.

Whether any of that applies to other wolf form spells I don't know as I don't think I have used them in forever.
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Weeeeeellllll..... you should really stop talking about shaman spells, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Examples (not all inclusive):
    - vengeance of woe is a proc off of nectar of woe. it's instant cast because it's not casted by the shaman. nectar of woe, has a 3 sec base cast time and has to run its full extended duration before vengeance will ever proc. the only time this should be happening is maybe when soloing or on a raid mob.
    - Nectar of woe / reefcrawler blood do not stack with serpentil's venom... which is a fast DoT with a very short duration. so yeah it's got a 1.5s cast on it but you are then limited to 1 disease and 1 poison dot + curse lines and your DPS is lowered SIGNIFICANTLY.
    you've demonstrated a very poor understanding of both the shaman and necro classes. I can't say if you have a clue about druids or not..... but your comments on shm/nec certainly don't lend you any credibility.