Confirmed Dranik's Scar Named

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Dewd, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Tserstrahd New Member

Has anyone been able to even zone into any of the LDON type instances? I cant get traveler's achievements anymore for LDON type zones.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You mean the Dranick's Scar instances? Are you speaking to Grand Historian Gersh first? What happens next?

Or do you mean the LDON ones which are given by Adventure Recruiters?
  3. Tserstrahd New Member

Adventure window does spawn an instance when requesting an LDON. Right click adventure recruiter. Select any type and request adventure and i get nothing......
  4. Tserstrahd New Member

I am asking on this thread as it seems this is probably related to the LDON system, but if i need to create a new bug i can....
  5. Brickhaus Augur

This has nothing to do with LDoN. You should post a separate thread.
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

How many people regret not doing these hunters before they changed it? I know i sure do figured it wouldnt take long to finish those off and kept doing other hunters now i regret it and who knows when it will be fixed year or two im guessing :(
    spaceice303, Barton-Vox and Yinla like this.
  7. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

I asked if this was ever going to be fixed in the AMA, will likely still be ignored but I gave it a shot
    spaceice303 and Sprooce like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I did the same. Fingers crossed we get an answer.
    spaceice303 and Barton-Vox like this.
  9. ddraigoch Journeyman

Any update on this?
  10. Kenuven Lorekeeper

Q: Dranik instance named have been broken now for over a year, can we either get the named to spawn on instance creation or return them to spawning after x amount of mobs have been killed with the next respawn?
    Absor: Another of those things that I’d have to look into but isn’t on my radar. There is an existing ticket for it. I’ll boost it up and try to look at it, but no promises.

Q: any plans to address the Hunter of Catacombs/Sewers of Dranik?
    Absor: This has a ticket and I’ve assigned it to myself to look into in the future.

Q: Is this issue with named spawns ever going to be actually fixed it has been marked confirmed for over 16 months.?? https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/draniks-scar-named.285054/
    Absor: As mentioned above, we have a ticket for it. I’ve added it to my sprint for next month. Assuming it doesn’t take too long to figure out, I’ll try to get it fixed. See, pester me three times in an AMA and I might actually hear what you are saying.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you Absor for adding it to your list
  12. Dewd Master

I like how ngreth removed respawns because of the afk farmers in an instance by themselves; However due to the previous changes where they removed the named/ph from ever spawning on instance creation, the removal of respawn created a situation where the named will never be able to spawn. The fact that one dev made this change without considering the consequences, left it in confirmed for over a year, and passed the buck to Absor is wild to me.

Absor, there is nothing "broken" with the named spawning functionality, its the fact that instances were prevented from being able to respawn entirely. Suggestions in this thread are: Either put respawns back into the instances, re-add the ability to spawn ph/named on instance creation (which will force players to chain pull dz's to chase their named achievements), or simply remove all the instance named from the hunter achievements.

Thanks.
    Barton-Vox, Bilderov and Kutsuu like this.
  13. Agrippa Augur

If there's going to be zero real effort to fix several of the known bugs here, can we remove the impossible achievements that are tied to them, please? I can understand having extremely difficult, very silly, rare seasonal, or even achievements that are locked behind a pay wall. Having achievements that are absolutely broken and *impossible* to earn, though, and have been so several years now? Unacceptable! Remove them!
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If they remove the named from the instances, they need to put them else where or put the loot on other mobs the same level in that expansion.
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  15. JetZeppelin2h Augur

The only thing that will bring me back to playing this game atm is if they fix the OOW instance names. I finished all hunter achievements through PoR and over half the expansions after that and I don't want to keep going to finish all expansions if I am blocked by OOW and will never be able to finish all hunter achievements. Please remove them or fix the problem.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

How long do we gotta wait for a fix to this? EQ 3?
  17. Agrippa Augur

Any idea if the new progressive servers will be screwed over for these achievements, too? Really, how difficult is it to fix (or remove) something like this? I'll admit that I don't know much about game development, but I wouldn't think that something like this is overcomplicated. Do we have anyone capable of fixing this on the team? Or is something like this entirely out of their scope and too difficult?
  18. Pimpmobile Journeyman

This thread was started a just few months after Oakwynd was released and now Oakwynd will be in GoD in less than two weeks...lovely going into an expansion knowing it will be immediately broken.

Cheers, DPG.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Why wouldn't they be screwed too?
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

Actually, it was started the year previous to Oakwynd.

But, if history is any indication, when a TLP server hits an expansion with a problem, the problem will be fixed pretty quickly regardless of how long it's been a problem on Live servers. I would expect them to either fix the actual issue or make these named optional on Hunter.