DPS increases in last patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veshaan, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songsa Augur

Yea one people doing a mistake is possible, when your burn requires several people focus (if you have the chance to have these people in your group already) in addition to yourself its harder and it becomes less common to achieve. Like i said some guilds play this game like a sport in competition, in most guilds this is not the case and a high dps burn/ AE even if you do your best and are the most skilled player can be rare because it involves less skilled/focus players synergy .
  2. Zahrym Augur

We're saying the same thing in different terms, yes. I think everyone is for classes being in control of what they are capable of. What it seems like is going on in this thread however isn't that.
  3. Fenudir Augur

The point that I was trying to make is that there are abilities that the devs have given us over the years that anyone who plays the game would have realized were just plain stupid inside of about 10 seconds. That's one of the two reasons that cause me to maintain that the senior dev team don't have a clue as to how to actually play the game. (The other being the numerous times I've seen them say "You have to push how many buttons?")
  4. Slasher Augur

That dam fireball has killed many people :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Langya Augur

Does this thread have a point? If so, than get to it. Otherwise its the SOS.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Because I didn't feel like doing math for 100 spells. I was showing that even looking at it at the very base level it's out of whack.

Math is math, whether you do it on paper, chalkboard, typewriter, computer, or any other medium.

But just for you Pie, I calculated it for you:

When you are under a full burn, Rain of Scythes averages out at 908k damage (258k dps). Salvo of Many averages out at 576k damage (255k dps). 908/576 = 57.6% higher. It's not double, (100% increase), but it's also an average, in other circumstances it could easily be more, and possibly (but unlikely), less.

Now, the mana cost for both of these spells after preservation effects are calculated is about 650.

650 mana for 908,000 damage, 576,000 damage, and the second rain should be ~900,000 damage as well, (it doesn't have a type 3 augment, but it has a higher base).

Now compare that to an Ethereal:

On full burn, Ethereal Incandescence averages out at 583,244 damage (86k dps). Mana cost: 3,226.

Almost twice the damage for 1/6th of the cost for rains, and about the same damage, but still 1/6th the cost for Of Many . Yeah, nothing seems wrong with that damage-mana ratio at all! :rolleyes:
    Caixaa likes this.
  7. Langya Augur

8. SOE-MOD-02 Augur

I am going to close this thread as it is no longer giving any new constructive feedback.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.