DPS increases in last patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veshaan, Jun 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charris Journeyman

The devs are gunna do what the devs are gunna do, they already have a plan for things and anything you people suggest or cry about is just a waste of your time. Do you see the devs poping in here asking for your oh so expert advise from such a small hand full of people that play the game, do you really think it matters to them even the slightest whether you like or hate their newest implementation of skills/aa? Most of your comments are completely ignored or skimmed across anyways because you are acting like children throwing a tantrum. Seriously, just stop.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Sure, as long as they increase the base damage of our spells to make up for it.
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

That's just apathy with a "Great Wall-O-Text" trying to justify it.
    Fact is, the Devs do frequent these boards have have many times deferred to community opinion - so long as it's well reasoned and fairly widespread.
    Yes, the guy that threatens to cancel his "27 paid accounts" is dismissed - and rightly so.
    The "small hand full" that post here, actually care enough to get involved, and opine, and fight for what they feel is good and proper.
    We are not the problem. The problem is those that just go away quietly.

-Rat
  4. Songsa Augur

And you find this thread help anything? its becoming a trial for some people, where personal attacks are frequent and we still search serious ideas to help the game. If you asked yourself why CRT has been created this thread can give you the answer. Better talk to some selected people who can gather opinions from their community then choose what would be the best for the game instead of letting everyone complain and attack each other with pure jealousy most of the time.
  5. Mistatk Augur

Going to go head and lock this thread as non-constructive guys. Don't post here more.

MISTATK MODERATOR02
    Kreacher likes this.
  6. Brogett Augur

I think casters don't have such a *huge* gulf between full on burn+adps and sustained. In particular wiz are now often called burstained because the gap is so small. Removing twin cast will make it smaller.

What's wrong really is the enormous gap between the sustained dps and burst dps for some melee classes, and it just got wider. It makes it very hard to balance between the classes, and also makes one guild see class X as enormously overpowered and another guild not as it simply boils down to their kill speeds. Some variation adds colour and flavour to the game, but going from 50k to 300-350k is too big a gulf IMO.

Some of this is down to abilities like Rampage and some is down to abilities like HH (bst fury say). It's possible to mitigate some of that gap by increasing the baseline while not increasing the top (giving berserkers a HH proc like monks and rogue get would do that) and simultaneously the peak could be reduced by changing how rampage etc works. (Or we boost wiz burst on a long reuse timer so they're not miles behind ber/monk on short parses, which I view as plain silly.)

Basically, multiplicative effects are bad for game design if you don't keep a close eye on them.
  7. Zahrym Augur

My how the tables turn at such a quick rate. If this were 10 years past this thread would read 'Groups of wizards are soloing current content raid mobs' and even then nerfs didn't happen.

Rogues getting these buffs lend talking points to all other classes getting large 'gimmes' on what they want, at the very least. At the worst they continue development as they have forever pretty much....which is

[IMG]
    Iila likes this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

We're called that because it's much easier to rally people behind an inflammatory term than actually make a cogent argument.

To be fair though it is -somewhat- accurate since what has happened is we went from "Full Burn/Not Burn" to "Full Burn/Medium Burn/Not Burn" as most of our mods don't stack so all our new things are used sequentially instead of together. Our full burn is now about half that of Rogues and Berserkers and lasts approximately the same amount of time (45-60s-ish), then we have secondary and tertiary burns (support depending) that are about half the dps of our full burn but last much longer (3-4 minutes), and then we kick down to 'normal' dps.

What that comes out to is:

0-60s fight we get stomped by Berserkers and Rogues, about equal to Mages/Rangers/Monks.
    4 min fight we are about equal to Berserkers, Rogues, still about equal to Monks and Mages (which we really shouldn't be, but Monks got huge boosts and Mages are broke as right now), edge out Rangers.
    4 min+ fight we start to edge out Berserkers, Rogues, and Monks (but not by huge amounts), start losing ground to mages (cause broke as ).

It should be noted that this was never asked for by Wizards. We have always asked for things that increase full on burn mode, but we got this instead. As long as we are competitive in total damage (which we have been, though we are losing ground after several nerfs and boosts to other classes), we can't really complain about it, but I will reiterate and say it is the preference of nearly every that plays a Wizard that we do our damage quickly, we are just playing the hand we've been dealt recently.
    Fenudir and Brogett like this.
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

I didn't say this thread was particularly useful, as there's too many potatoes floating around to easily find the meat. But to say that the "Devs never listen" is just flat out wrong too.
    -R
  10. Slasher Augur

Tons of abilities should never of happen. ADPS especially when they have basically made it so 1 class (ber) needs it more because of no HHE AA. ADPS is out of control it has been since SOF.

The real issue for me is I think the 3 classes should be equals except why should they be ? One class has it way worse we require WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more ADPS we have to deal with insane det effects and have to hope some random monk doesnt push the mob around because he thinks its funny. Imagine if wizards were given a disc that had a 50% chance to silence you for 60s and you had to use this disc to be competitive. That is what frenzied resolve amounts to. 50% of the time its fine the other half we end up clicking it off 20s into the burn.
    Fenudir likes this.
  11. Piemastaj Augur

How are Mages broken?

Pretty awesome to be forced to use AE spells in EVERY weave to do optimal DPS.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Forced to use spells that are double+ the damage of the top nuke while costing a quarter of the mana cost. The horror, the absolute horror.
  13. Piemastaj Augur

You still did not back up your 'broken' claims.

Must be nice to nuke from a safe distance, no risk of dying from any type of add spawns. Also must be fantastic to actually be able to do relevant AE damage. Looks like you guys abusing Beams in Secrets paid off..... ;)

EDIT: They don't do double+ of our top nuke either lol.
  14. Zahrym Augur

15. Slasher Augur

rofl the horror play a zerker or monk or rogue now your main burn is AE and not some 1 spell AE crap that you can use while SCing. Try AEing every melee round see how much aggro you generate.
    Obiziana likes this.
  16. Piemastaj Augur

Your burn lasts how long? SC lasts how long?

Considering the duration of your burn vs the length of fights I am pretty sure Mage's would come out on the short end of the stick. Not to mention your burn does a lot more then our Rain spells, making the risk a lot more rewarding.

Never made this about melee, you did. However, this was seeing how my class is broken coming from a Wizard. Which in itself is laughable.
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

What's broken is the damage-to-mana ratio on several of your spells are way, way, off due to recent large increases in damage without a proper increase in cost. (The damage part is fine, the costs are what are out of whack).

You mean TBS, beams were nerfed when SoF came out.

They do 50-100% more damage, depending on the exact situation.
  18. Piemastaj Augur

Nope I meant SoF, when you guys were beaming Icefall and got them nerfed. Which ended up leading to having a better AE situation right now then us.

Last I checked, they do not double our Of Many spell in DMG. I do realize you are a Magician expert on DPS and all, but even you may not know a thing or 2. ;)

So you find it odd that a sustained class actually has spells designed around sustained? Interesting....
  19. Brohg Augur

Laughable from a wizard why, Piemastaj? While you speak of being "forced" to use an AE spell, your wizard compatriot there doesn't have the AE spell option. Your magician Spear of Blistersteel spell is suuuper comparable to wizard Ethereal Incandescence, but for you it's not the top of the line, it's the ... 5th best spell (Servant Many Rain Rain are better) ? ... I dunno, maybe I wouldn't call it "broken", but it's sure something, and broken is sure within an understandable range of opinions.
  20. Brohg Augur

not even having to page back for this juxtaposition is awfully convenient. thank you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.