DPS for a few classes

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raynrace, Dec 11, 2014.

1. sojero One hit wonder

If your constantly getting benched, find another group of people to raid with.

I didn't say don't play with it, but you need other conditioners to put with it. You need to place it against what top end or higher end people normally do with a class, and most classes are going to do extreamly high during that time frame. 32 seconds is not the best for some, most need 45 seconds to really shine, and knowing that, and putting that out as an outlier is needed too. you should average amongst the highest in each class, because it isn't right to group the ranger doing 112k in with the one that did 20k as well.

I can say from a pal/sk point of view that they could have easily done double or close to double the amount done by redrum if they are not tanking in that time frame, specially sk because harm touch does a decent amount right off them lowers over time. Pal is more luck with the rng and procs, but they can still do way more than the ones were putting out there.
  2. Ploww Lorekeeper

So many different variables. I'm guessing from that parse your monks had close no adps, or they arent near their full potential, because they can do much much better then sub 100k.
    Zentara likes this.
  3. Zentara Augur

I was thinking the same thing as Ploww honestly. My level 100 monk broke 100k dps over 60 seconds multiple times with RoF T1 weapons...either no ADPS, or not knowing how to burn well is my guess (or, possibly, monks have gotten heavily nerfed, but all I've heard is folks saying they haven't advanced as much as others, not been nerfed).

Admittedly, 30 sec burns are terrible for any class that depends on semi-random procs or effects like Thunderkick, while outstanding for wizards and other classes that can cast a single super-nuke, have it split and both get twin casted, and then forceful rejuv and cast it again immediately.
  4. SaderakhBertox Augur

First rule of necro club.... ;)
    The monk numbers are reasonable if they are in a group by themselves, and only beginning to activate various abilities after the mob is in place, is my best guess with knowing absolutely nothing of the circumstances.
  5. Savager Augur

I will refrain from posting parses since the last time I did I was yelled at by several people. What I will say is yes, I think all melee need boosts to catch up to their caster counterparts. Monks more than most.
    Obiziana and Romance like this.
  6. Hatsee Augur

Earthforce isn't even that good.
    Enkel and Iila like this.
  7. sojuu Augur

A little off topic but proof that people still hold pulling against monks. When monks ask for things like the reduction to imitate death to match necros, people then say pulling is dead. Just thought this is a good example of how pulling ia used against them for monks depending on the topic and what the outside class wants.
    Obiziana and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  8. Iila Augur

The phase before that one is very AE friendly, and there's no reason to use cooldown burns for the efreeti. Zerkers and other AE classes will pop some burns on the first two phases when they can hit 15 imps or 6 elves to get some good event combined DPS numbers. A few probably carry some discs over into the efreeti from imps. Anyone else will be saving for the next phase to clear phoenixes or drop the boss.

For some fun, compare to the parses Crystilla posted in this thread https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/recent-bl-parses.215006/
  9. Ratbo Peep Augur

Are you SURE they get the 2 free twincasts (Chaotic Gift) if the Chaotic Mez fails.??
    I thought not. I may be wrong. Can an Enchanter clarify?
    -Rat
  10. Ravengloome Augur

Lol your so far off track.
  11. Cerris Augur

Enchanters carry around four or five tinkered eye devices. They have a cooldown, but not a shared cooldown, so they can always have SOMETHING up to Mez, and because the eye is always "Eye of Ratbo", they can make a hotkey to mez it and then switch back to whatever they want to nuke.

It always struck me that it must be horribly disorienting to have your view changing like that, but there it is.
    RPoo likes this.
  12. Raynrace Augur

Just to give an idea of what I'm saying we did some testing last night and the results were as expected.

Beast averaged 202k dps on 60 sec burns
    Ranger (me) averaged 171k dps on 60 sec burns
    Monk averaged 143k dps on 60 sec burns

Controlled environment and stopped. Not home so can't link actual parse but the numbers are good. Did multiple burns and Avg is from memory.

Sadly I parsed better using CotF T1 daggers vs using my TDS and CotF T2 weapons.

Hence the reason for the post.
  13. Ratbo Peep Augur

Looking at the Cerris reply - not really too far off at all.
    Seems Enchanters have to resort to "strange behavior" to "create" a mezzable thingie when there is a lack thereof in an event. (In order to use Chaotic Gift)
    So it would seem I was correct that if Chatotic Mez fails - you don't get the twincast gift.
    And as Cerris pointed out - this is not by any means an optimal way to have to play your character.
    My point stands that encounters shoud have mezzable mobs A) To let Enchanters actually play thier role. B) To be able to use thier Chaotic Mez gift as intended, as opposed to coming up with a "work-around".
    -Rat
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Everytime there are CC heavy events guilds without enough chanters cry it's not fair.
  15. Goth Augur

Depending on many factors the parse could be the same as this.

Gear
    Buffs
    Spells
    Abilities
    AA abilities
    RNG

using all abilities to the maximum potential really is a game changer. IE player that knows what they are doing and one that does not. Often a player that knows what they are doing out performs people with superior gear and AA.

Also, the random change from short parses is very large.

If you could do many many short parses and long parses and remove both human error and have the exact skill factor. That would be the only parse that would mean anything.

What i am saying is parse are just simply to dependent on many factors to make any real determination.

Also even who is to say what class deserves to be where? and what other abilities they have that have value over higher DPS?

I am sure everyone would like to Heal like a cleric, Pull like a bard, DPS like a wizard and tank like a warrior. that dont work.

Like i said before. TURN OFF THE PARSING GIZMOS and PLAY THE DAMN GAME. The only thing you need to worry about is if you are doing the most you can with your char and doing so better than others of your class.

Word....
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  16. Raynrace Augur

Nothing wrong with wanting a level playing field.

Word.......
  17. SaderakhBertox Augur

Monks are dependent on good RNG for Thunderfoot procs. You can get lucky and see 11 in a 25 second burn, or unlucky and see 4. Also, the minimum normal hit and minimum critical hit for flying kicks are really low, even while under disc like Heel. The ceiling is pretty good after all possible modifications, but there's multiple areas where good or bad RNG is applied.

Edit: Parse for 6 months, and then decide hehe ;)
    Taiqwon and Brogett like this.
  18. Brogett Augur

This is a very valid point. Parses for a class have both mean and standard deviation. Put simply, some classes have larger variation in dps output than others. However when people quote parses it's nearly always the outliers, which in turn means those with a large variation can end up looking good.

All parse data therefore needs to be selected at random to avoid bias and have a lot of samples, ideally from many different guilds. It's the sort of thing that SOE could internally implement, but it's hard for players to do it accurately.
  19. Belkar_OotS Augur

Parsing helps players play at a higher level. I have a hard time imagining that the highest performing raid guilds don't parse extensively, or benefited from the parses and write ups of others if they personally did not parse.

The difference between RoI, and the mid-tier and low end raiding guilds is whether the members made use of the knowledge that can be obtained from playing the game (including parsing).

The 140-150k range is pretty typical for monks based on my own performance. I can hit up to about 220k with rather extreme luck but it never lasted for an entire minute, it usually would erode down to 180kish. I pretty much never get BL support but get bard/shaman support a good chunk of the time.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  20. Ratbo Peep Augur

No one said "heavy".
    -R