DPG is so out of touch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WaitingforMoreEQ, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Everyone is whining ... but on day one both servers will crash and have massive ques. Just like the Walmart haters "NOT IN MY TOWN!!" ... then they are on camera on the 5 o'clock news as the first guy in line banging on the door to get them to open early. Everyone here is a hypocrite.
  2. Vicus Augur

Yeah because this is based on so much facts and research. Not even close to true.
  3. Sythrak20 Elder

So....pretty much like every other tlp since then? Not making a good argument here. I know you're salty there's no PvP server, but maybe next year.
  4. Vicus Augur

This...I feel like there is never going to be a PvP server BUT if there is going to be one it will be the next round of TLP's. Only because the last server was released was Truebox and everyone raged it wasnt a box server. So there was a super thread started and ..bam we have a non-truebox server. Over the last few months all the talk has been PVP (from a small crowd but still they have made a lot of noise). So I feel like the next batch is your legit real chance at having one. I wouldnt be surprised if it was PVP-FV just to shut everyone up for awhile about those two.
  5. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Phinny was still putting 14 guilds through content in TSS, more then 2 years after the server came out. Agnarr was STILL more popular then RF when it had been locked in PoP for close to 2 years. Coirnav was putting double digit guilds PoP. Mangler is still popular now. None of these server had 100 people playing before then end of the first year, like literally every "boxer" friendly TLP has.

They literally picked the dumbest request for the next TLP
  6. Maneuvre Augur

I respect your opinion. Thank you. It's a good thing Aradune will be PVP TLP. Imagine them turning their back on a vocal customer base? Yikes. I bet they wouldn't stick around to get disappointed again. I know I wouldn't. Good luck!
    Mephits likes this.
  7. Vicus Augur

If its not some amazing special server...then I hope you are right because I wouldnt have interest in that server but I just dont see it as a good time for them. I feel like a PVP server needs to be babysat for a bit and be it's own thing from a support point of view. Releasing 2 servers at the same time, dealing with server mergers, new overseer program...and the virus, I dont think they are ready for PVP on their plate. If it fails because they werent able to support and devote time to it like the PVPers want, they would never hear the end of it. But who knows, maybe they have some huge plan but DPG doesnt really move at the speeds we want them too, they are normally 6 months behind the noise trends. Why I think next time is a legit chance.
  8. Vicus Augur

Also wondering if Unique could mean that you can select your own private instance of a zone. I could see that being a game changer. Because making it so Krono farmers didnt own the zones would be a nice start.
  9. yerm Augur

There is not real interested in pvp, just talk. The show of force on zek was a bunch of afk dudes and nonsense. Not even a serious arena bout, let alone actual pvp.

TLP? There were numerous groups including foh and faceless who made actual progression crowds on live servers and test, and self limited, and had a large following and showing of interest. Even back with combine and on you had groups that deliberately restricted themselves and held back so they could complete content in era once the competitive folks had moved on. No surprise, combine saw that early progression crowd, and phinny saw all those semi casual raiders come.

Where is this for pvp? Nowhere. Nobody wants pvp except some forum loudmouths until you prove me wrong. Do it. Prove me wrong. Get some people to ACTUALLY PVP! I enjoyed playing on tz for years, I wouldn't mind a good pvp server either, but right now the idea looks dead in the water.
  10. Brunlin Augur

Your jumping a little fast I think. You dont even know the rules set yet. They just announced the two servers names, gave you a little insight about them. So we have a no true box server and the other server Aradune will have similarities to Mangler;unlock speeds, xp, and some more things that will be similar, however this server will be a new concept.

So currently we dont know what they means. How they will make the server unique still remains to be seen. Also the other server that is a no true box may even have more rules sets attached also. We will just have to wait and see what they do.
  11. Maneuvre Augur

Where the hell were you at in our hour of need?

I'm sorry who are you? And why am I proving anything to you? Lol
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You could ignore like 10 or so forum posters & never see another dumb PvP post again.

They jumped the shark after the "epic win" of 20 players & boxes showing up on Zek, they'll keep on jumping it to amuse themselves & to just plain annoy everyone else, so plan accordingly.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

That's quite a generalization.

I agree that today's botters will end up on Aradune and not Rizlona. There will likely be few buyers for their kronos on Rizlona. Hard to tell, though, until we get there.
  14. yerm Augur

Where was everyone in your hour of need? You don't need to prove jack or to me. You need to prove it to the people at darkpaw who release new tlps. THEY need to see the interest, not me. I just happen to feel exactly the same way about it that they seem to...
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The main reason the older TLP servers like Ragefire and Lockjaw failed in comparison to Phinny+ ones isn't really truebox its:

>>>>> AoCs <<<<<

Turns out the number of people interested in fighting over content is dwarfed by the number of people not interested in fighting over content.

Sure, truebox played a part in it at first, but now that all the hackers can have their 24-character box crews on TLPs truebox doesn't mean anything anymore and only punishes actual players.
    Machen, birisu, yober and 1 other person like this.
  16. Numi Journeyman

did a little fact checking, logged onto Ragefire and Lockjaw
    345 in general chat on RF
    92 in general chat on LJ
    Skuz likes this.
  17. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's like you forgot what TLP without boxing limits are like in group content.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's like you forgot that it's possible for people to get around boxing limits and thus they only punish legit players who don't cheat.

I'd be more than happy for DP to continue with truebox IF they also enforced it and got rid of the people who cheat, but until they start doing that they might as well let everyone box.

(I also think they should automatically remove truebox after L70)
    Genoane likes this.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No, just no.

A handful of people getting around the boxing limits doesn't create near the problems of things that happened on RF/LJ.

TLP need stricter rules on boxing and better enforcement against the obviously AFK bots. Not less.
  20. Nolrog Augur

We have no idea what the details of the server will be. But you are already out there b****ing about something you have no idea what it will look like.

I may be forced to break out the "People Will Complain About Anything" award.
    Fredescu likes this.