DPG is so out of touch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WaitingforMoreEQ, Mar 16, 2020.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

No FV? no PvP? no fast server 2.0? Just another release of a failed server idea

This is the server you're gonna go with? The one that will fail in the first expansion? the one that even when you made a thread on the forums about nobody gave a flying freak about? The one that nobody will play on? the one that already has 3 TLPs so dead you're merging them? The one that has ALWAYS FAILED? The server that people only want so they can use 3rd party programs that violate your TOS but you don't actually enforce?
  2. Jontrann Augur

To be fair, they said ARADUNE will be unique, they just don't want to confirm that ruleset yet. I would put money on it that they are trying to implement beastlords and berserkers for launch but haven't figured out all the details yet.

AND you're never getting a PVP server so quit crying about it.
    PVPlulz, Thewiz and Skuz like this.
  3. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Starting with all classes would be a slap in the face to it's late namesake.

I took this to mean it was gonna be an Era locked server.

Maybe they meant unlock speed, but i just assume it's a Velious locked server.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Because Mangler locks at Velious...that's a really terrible assumption you made, I am sure you are smarter than this.
  5. Magic Augur

What can be worse than open Velious locked server? Who want Velious locked can play on p1999...

Still hope new Aradune will be server like Mangler but with FV-trade.
    Jontrann likes this.
  6. Jontrann Augur

That's the best outcome but we never get what we want do we?
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I'm curious what makes anyone think they were in touch to start with?
  8. Xanathol Augur

Of the things you listed, only one is something more than a handful of people want (FV loot rules). A PvP TLP is DoA and Selos was never very popular (hell, once past Kunark, the 3 month unlocks are far too fast).
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yeah I mean phinny rehashes have been the standard for a while...

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.
    Mad_Mikey likes this.
  10. mark Augur

mangler has been a huge success,pvp would be a fail but a boxing FV if done properly where everyone can get their own instance and not have the bot farmers cycling through the picks would be a huge success,you want an item you can camp it and get it,the botters will still be around but want be able to enter your instance if implemented the right way.
  11. Beardsy Elder

You people are a snooze fest with these posts. There's literally nothing stopping you from pvping or FV'ing on live. As I've said in previous posts - Gather people through social media, make a damn guild and go get it. Start from scratch, pay to win, do whatever you want. Just stop making 4500 posts a month about the same mundane BS.

Darkpaw - Make a PVP FV server with free heroics. Better yet, give them all GM commands so they can do all of the things in the 2 hour playtime window they've got. I bet they're the same fools that complained selos was too fast for casuals lol
    Protagonist, Duder and Foaming like this.
  12. yerm Augur

We all knew the non truebox server was going to JUST be non truebox. They weren't going to compromise the "experiment" with a max boxing server by also introducing a bunch of other unknowns. Mangler is coirnav is phinny, it's the default model, and this version will add boxing and nothing else.

Everyone knew that this would be exactly what they provided for a boxing server, except silly people.

Aradune is the unknown. They may try a 2nd pass at a miragul inspired progressed-start, but probably not. They may try a 2nd pass at a selo style fast pace perhaps with more loot this time, wouldn't suprise me. They may try a more classic feel slower server with some unique features like fv loot rules or NO boxing, would fit with the name and be my guess.
  13. Beardsy Elder

Are they not able to just add to the selos ruleset? Ain't a chance I'm starting over, ever. No matter what comes. Selos will be my last server. If they added double loot chest and increased flags it'd be pretty much perfect.
    yerm likes this.
  14. Maneuvre Augur

You're right. With DPG honoring Aradune by releasing the PVP TLP, there will be nothing stopping players from enjoying one more version of a nostalgic throwback.
    Mephits likes this.
  15. Vicus Augur

I am going to guess that going with his name and the type of EQ he enjoyed playing, it is going to be a "Unique" truebox server only allowing 1 character per server. They have either found a way to get rid of VM's but instead of losing a ton of income from their other servers, they will just launch this server and enforce the rules. This would be the Yin to the open box servers Yang. That would do his name justice going off what he enjoyed at least. I would bet there would be no instant raids until PoTime as well to relive a "close to true" EQ experience as Brad would of enjoyed. It would be a smart time to make this type of server because it would allow all the boxers go to the other server, leaving this one for the more non-box players. I want a boxing server as long as it doesnt have FV rules so I am happy but if they actually do this above, I think I would play this instead for that old school feel. With a box crew I could catch up on the other server anytime.

If not the only other two options I see is a instant 50 character on start or allowing Beast/zerkers to play at the start. I think FV and PVP are never going to happen again.
  16. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Every single one of those has been more popular then non-truebox on the boards by a very wide margin. Also, every single one of those ideas has merits towards potentially driving a server long term. Every non-truebox TLP has failed miserable. Rizlona will be no different.
  17. Vicus Augur

There are still raiding guilds on both Lockjaw and ragefire, and now they have merged. Not sure what your idea of fail is? And we are talking 4-5 raiding guilds per server.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Quite a few have expressed interest in a non-truebox server. They just aren't fanatical about it like the PVP crowd.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Good for the 11 people on LJ and Ragefire.

Reality check LJ died in Classic, RF died before SoV was finished.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Their is like 50 people total who have expressed interest despite the fact a thread has been sticked for months. Many of which i know from previous TLPs and they're Krono farmers that will end up on Aradune anyways because that's gonna be the more popular TLP and therefor more Krono