DPG is so out of touch

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by WaitingforMoreEQ, Mar 16, 2020.

1. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Speaking of.....@dreamweaver is there any serious discussion among devs about dropping truebox on older severs or is it just a pipe dream?
  2. Magic Augur

If DPG want Aradune server die in 3-5 month it must be PVP! All this 3 ppl spamming this forum about PVP maybe will continue to play (or possible them disappear quickly after PVP server open as Mangler agents who don't want see Mangler empty in 2 month), but majority of players will leave this PVP server after few PVP death.

If them want successful long term server it must be FV-loot! Or make second boxing server FV-loot at least, I personally not like boxing but with FV-loot I will play there.
  3. mark Augur

there was no aoc on ragefire or lockjaw which i played past lvl 70 but dident enjoy the game eanymore,with picks and aoc on a boxing server everquest revenue should increase.
  4. mark Augur

why dont you pvp people organise yourself in 2 or 3 guilds on one of the new servers and have fun.
  5. vylo Augur

Honestly, because they wouldn't be able to find another players.
  6. code-zero Augur

Given their apparent numbers they could make f2p characters on any live server and play hide and seek in all the various arena areas in original city zones
  7. Kujoe Lorekeeper

lets be real, the same people who would be 6 boxing on a non-truebox server will still be boxing 6 mages in solb holding down JEBs camp during classic on a truebox server. The only difference will be which server has a better market for the boxer, so they can sell JEBs for 1kr and pay their rent.

I am sure there will be a tank/cleric box duo who would enjoy playing on one PC, but for every one of those, there will be a horde of 6-box crews or more running people out of camps with better coordination courtesy of certain programs, and running pohate/phinny/etc. raids to sell LR or loot drops (if on a FV server).

Without policing truebox, what is the difference? Those two servers sound like the same to me.
  8. birisu Elder

The secret to TLP happiness is that all the gear in classic is garbage so you don't have to buy GEBs. You'll live without the 9 int
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

It's crazy how triggered these boards get by just the mention of PvP.

I mentioned FV or another attempt at Selo with fixes to the problems of half lockouts. But for some reason this whole thread is the same 5 people triggered and raging about "MUH PVP"
  10. Aiona Augur

I know some will claim otherwise, but this is exactly how I feel about it too.

I am just waiting for other details to be announced to make my decision.
  11. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

200 people doing it instead of 10. Then 3-9 months later the server is a ghost town because people don't wanna play a game where they can't access 60% of the good group content.
  12. vylo Augur

It mainly has to do with the same ~5 people yelling about it over and over, trying to convince the devs to waste resources on it when its a dead market. It's past the point of niche or an interesting take, and is just obnoxious.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

They are going to be on both servers as both will have an economy worth the effort for at least the first 90 days.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Triggered
  15. taliefer Augur

just using myself as an example. right now on TLPs i can comfortably load up 4 characters and function with them. im not the best boxer in the world, and dont really enjoy it, but i can do it if i need to.

on a non truebox server, i could EASILY inflate that number to 12 characters without stressing my computers, probably up to 16. and if the non truebox server operates without the restrictions on certain "macaroni" programs? whoa boy. now the only limit on controlling the characters, of any class combo, is just how many instances of EQ i can load up.

True box is far from perfect, but it absolutely reduces the number of box armies around.
  16. sauron69 Lorekeeper

Sure if you want to spend 16 krono or $240 a month, not too many are willing to do that. Six boxing will probably be more prevalent but not a whole lot of people are willing to farm 24/7 to sustain their 20+ boxes.

Regardless I played on Ragefire and besides the obvious camps like geb's I was always able to find a place to exp. Wasn't much different from truebox and this time there will be AoC's for raids.
  17. Aiona Augur

You make a fair point in your post.

Perhaps I will lean towards truebox for now, but the devil is in the details still, as they say. If one of the servers are FV ruleset, that's where I am going, and I will sink with the ship if it comes to that, ha-ha!
  18. Aiona Augur

I played on Ragefire (and a little of Lockjaw) as well. I don't recall any difference if I am being honest. I was only there for 2-3 months though.
  19. Iyacc Augur

"Aradune is a new concept for our Truebox server rule set. It's going to have similarities to Mangler's rule set in terms of XP, era locking, and a lot more. Rizlona will also share the Mangler rule set and be our first boxing progression server in a long time. More specific rule sets and how they will function differently than the current TLPs will be shared in the coming weeks!"

Am I the only one who reads this that they will be the same other than truebox/boxing ?

I don't think the statement above bodes well for PVP because I can't see them doing two PVP servers. I guess it's possible they do FV loot rules but again, two?

Maybe the people who are talking up the start with all classes/races are on to something? To me, that makes sense as being something totally different than current servers that you could do two of at the same time.
  20. Aiona Augur

FV AND all classes/races? Sign me up!
    Xanathol likes this.