DP nerf

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Gumby, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Maedhros High King

Apparently I should have spelled everything out clearer. Despite casting twincast splash every 18 seconds (during raids anyways), spamming valiant deflection and admonish on the tanks and casting DP every single time it is up, I am having no issues with mana whatsoever.
    You must have thought I was doing nothing but pulling out the 2hander and casting DP everytime it pops.

Ive put in about 20 hours I guess since the new expansion opened, the "nerf" to DP seems to have been adjusted as far as i can tell. Time to move on!
  2. shiftie Augur

I have no idea what you are prattling on about. I don't need to raid to make the assertion that mana is better used in raids healing or generally speaking being a paladin. Which in turn renders mana consumption from dp on raids pointless.

Half the stuff you just said has no logical progression of thought.
    Ravengloome likes this.
  3. Ravengloome Augur

Just wait he is going to explain to you how you have been doing it wrong forever.
  4. Brohg Augur

Similarly, you need not sail to make the assertion that square rigging is superior to lateen. However, those that do sail may call into question the wisdom backing said assertion.

Damage is not pointless - in EverQuest generally, but specifically also - raiding.
  5. shiftie Augur

I never said you shouldn't dps. I said the mana consumption is pointless. You choose a role for a length of time and go with the flow. I always used dps spells instead of aggro once the option became available. I also chose lost secrets instead of cataclysm if I thought mana was going to be a problem. If you have the luxury of using cataclysm to burn as noted by his parses he ought not to complain about mana. Use what tools are available.

Not very wise to burn mana doing dps when healing is needed. And not wise burning mana healing or locking spell gems if something else is needed. Even with the tott heals (which are very unfriendly to mana) you'd be better off using proclamation because it doesn't get resisted.

It was called into question why I used what spells I did. Which seems odd given it is a known setup for the best results. Now we are arguing that we can't use do because it costs so much mana to heal.

I'm at a loss as to what point is trying to be made. Are we outraged we can't burn max mana for both dos and healing at the same time? Opportunity cost is a $&);/
  6. Linden Augur

Im still waiting for those uber dps parses Raven. Where are they at?
  7. Ravengloome Augur

omgad gimme some time I have to dig through a folder full of logs to find one with parses from a nearly 2 year old raid.
  8. Linden Augur

I am most curious about Admonish. Why Admonish or instead of burst heals?
  9. Linden Augur

Lol, fair enough, I know its a major pita going through all your past parsing achives, at least for me it is. Now i just take my daily parsing logs and back them up so each log only contains parsing for that specific day.
  10. shiftie Augur

Re: admonish- As it pertains to?
  11. Linden Augur

why it should be used on a raid. When theres better, faster healing. I understand admonish does a touch of dps, but a 1 second cast time, and every spell slot i have I value highly. Not saying its wrong, just trying to see if there is something I missed as far as its application, or potential application.
  12. shiftie Augur

Who recommended using it?
  13. Ravengloome Augur

Obviously its the best, I mean really what would you know you haven't even raided TDS bro.
    Linden likes this.
  14. Linden Augur

Why Valiant Deflection and Admonish? Like you said, hate is no longer issue, I agree, I ditched Valiant Deflection immediately. And put in its place our new stun. But I am interested in how that works out on healing parses. Where are you parsing on healing with that?
  15. Linden Augur

Wow! I actually like one of your posts. At least, the latter part of it. as for the "Obviously its the best", comment, I'm Not so sure yet.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Unsure if not smart enough to pick up on sarcasm or just have no sense of humor
  17. Linden Augur

I 'liked' it, for its sarcasm directed at shiftie, as he mentioned previously he was in group gear. i dont know maybe I misread it. I could always, "unlike it" I suppose.
    Speaking of sarcasm, will we get to see that parse you promised anytime soon?
  18. shiftie Augur

The wind has passed over me and my place remembers me no more lol

Apparently I can't paladin anymore. Such a fun juxtaposition to be a filthy casual not taken seriously by raiders. The irony is morissetable
  19. Ravengloome Augur

Leap of Faith bro, thats all that needs to be said
  20. Linden Augur

"

Well hello, Captain Obvious, has spoken again, another true quote. "Luxury of using cataclysm" Well, yeah, when your'e maxed out on AA's, the only reason you need to grind out AA's is to bank them for glyphs to use on raids. Its not a luxury, I just have nothing else to spend AA's., and do you really think a raiding guild is going to allow a paladin to commit 100 percent to DPS if it was going to be a detriment. CoTF raids are trival now for most raiding guilds, so yeah, Paladins can have some fun dishing out damage on those raids, its fun to be dps everyone once in a while.
    And who is complaining about mana? I don't have mana issues either, in fact the only one that was complaining was, well, YOU. There are a few raids in TDS ,arx2, and arx3 that are taxing on the mana, but not enough so to where I cant adjust