DP nerf

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Gumby, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Warpeace Augur

Sure you showed the spells being used. Its a perfect event to turn Paladins into undead killing machines .

Fight was 215s yet you only were involved for 124s.

Honestly trying to claim you were #2 DPS for that event is a line of bull because you are using scaled DPS. Your the parse is missing 91 sec where you were unaccounted for.

Scaled DSP does not show the whole story and makes for bad comparison.
  2. Maedhros High King

I am well aware of the subject of this thread.
    I should possibly have specified though, approx. 6 hours of group and 5 hours of raid and little or no issue with mana whatsoever.
    Now that agro is no longer an issue for paladins, I am hitting DP every single time it pops.
    A few weeks ago when it was first introduced, I was forced to halt exp groups for mana concerns, which has never happened in years and years.
    Thus my question if something had been changed.
  3. Linden Augur

Its exactly what the parsing data says. Overall, total time the event took was 442seconds. Within that time, I sustained 50111 dps over a 420sec period and parsed #5 overal. Its really quite simple to read.
    On the boss, Captain Kanteer. I parsed #2 in dps. /3 Captain Kanteer in 215s, 229584k @1067832sdps / #2 Linden 14102k@65591sdps (113726dps in 124s) [6.14%]
    /3 Captain Kanteer in 215s, 229584k @1067832sdps / #1 Wizard 22436k@104353sdps (173922dps in 129s) [9.77%] / #2 Paladin 14102k@65591sdps (113726dps in 124s) [6.14%] / #3 Rogue + pets 13754k@63973sdps (63973dps in 215s) [5.99%] / #4 Wizard 12547k@58357sdps (142576dps in 88s) [5.46%] / #5 Wizard 11794k@54857sdps (89351dps in 132s) [5.14%] / #6 Monk 11447k@53243sdps (81766dps in 140s) [4.99%] / #7 Necromancer + pets 10839k@50416sdps (76334dps in 142s) [4.72%]

Ok, so now the excuse is, "Well yeah its undead so, blah blah blah blah. Live mob? Here ya

/tell Linden Linden -vs- Pria the Penitent: -- DMG: 5969249 -- DPS: 91835 -- Scaled: 79590 -- Slash: 4966314 -- DirDmg: 965755 -- Bash: 37180 -- % dmg as normal: 72.9% -- % dmg as critical: 22.8% -- Non-crit rate: 84.2% -- crit rate: 13.7% -- crippling rate: 2.1% -- Attempts: 290 -- Hits: 241 -- Missed: 49 -- Accuracy: 83.1% -- Avg Hit: 24768 -- Max hit: 118702 -- DMG to PC: 485914

I cant help but ask you one thing, Warpeace. You still laughing now?
    Feel free to just tap out at any time
  4. Warpeace Augur

You don't get it, answer my first question .

You realize how scaled dps works? Your inflating number. your missing in action for 91 second and when you did jump in it was in full burn mode, you inflated your dps number that way by using scaled dps if it was normal dps for the fight you would be a lot further back on the parse dps wise.

Do throw fake numbers at someone else and claim paladins blow SK or Warriors out the water.
  5. Linden Augur

Someone PLEASE explain this to him..I tried. No matter what factual, accurate data I present, hes going to believe what he believes. I play a paladin, I play nothing else.
  6. Warpeace Augur

How does it sort out when you post normal dps? and not SDPS?
  7. Maedhros High King

Put this thread back on the rails please, there are other threads about tank dps.
    Ravengloome likes this.
  8. Brudal Augur

I would have expected the rogue to be near 24mil damage, maybe the mobs were not bunched up to help melee aoe.
  9. Linden Augur

Actually much higher when you combine the event..
    /3 Captain Kanteer (2), Sergeant Brenn (1), Sergeant Larenzo (1), Sergeant Grady (1), A royal wizard (18) in 440s, 441219k @1002770sdps / #1 Rogue + pets 37198k@84542sdps (90950dps in 409s) [8.43%] / #2 Wizard 33426k@75969sdps (82534dps in 405s) [7.58%] / #3 Wizard 22627k@51424sdps (63737dps in 355s) [5.13%] / #4 Monk 21110k@47977sdps (52252dps in 404s) [4.78%] / #5 Paladin 19969k@45384sdps (47772dps in 418s) [4.53%] / #6 Enchanter 18463k@41962sdps (44490dps in 415s) [4.18%]
    Yeah indeed rogue was at 37 mill.
  10. Brudal Augur

Makes more sense.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

You know a good way to increase your dps? Engage the mob as soon as possible, good lord dude half these fights your so far from the drop, No wonder your DPS is so low.

and on Undead mobs no less, you should be ashamed.
  12. Linden Augur

That is for a good reason, Raven. Crucial to max DPS is that nice little ability called, "Blessing of the Faithful", Yard trash will get those procs, and they do, my goal was putting out as much dps over the duration of the raid as possible. once I got a blessing, I engaged the minis. That is the reason you see me so far from "the drop", had i been at the drop the whole fight, it would have been most likely without a blessing proc and the result would be lower dps. So the time you see me away from the drops I am killing Skellies to get the blessing.
    I am very anxious to view one of your "Combined" dps parses for that same raid. Can you post it?

I'll add one more thing. And you should know this. When the event goes active, 3 minis and a boss. Parsing picks up the start of the fight from the time the first player hits. The drop begins when parser picks up the first tag so captain began and the main raid force didn't engage him until approx 80 seconds after the drop. 215 total time, In that time the raid force is taking out adds and tanking the minis. Are you suggesting that I would have had higher combined dps on the captain had I stayed the entire 215 sec without a blessing proc? Show me the parse. We both know that's not the case.
  13. shiftie Augur

Look I posted a parse ... Not to prove I'm awesome but to show a constant chain cast situation focused solely on dps. No, I didn't swap out to pure undead spells for undead mobs ... The rotation I used is the max burstained setup. You can argue semantics all day long over the consumption while healing. But if you are healing or worried about it dp is a non factor. Using admonish line of spells is a dps loss it has been and always was until recently with the aa in Tbm. If someone posts a parse using the longer cast spells post tbm I'll concede the point. But that info wasn't available when I posted.

One does not heal and worry about dps. Nor does one tank and worry about it. If both healing and tanking are non factors then what I posted was gospel in terms of set up.

I am in crap gear. With crap weaponry crap heroics and crap everything. I am a Johnny casual. Aside from in game knowledge I don't have the gear to support outside arguments. I don't raid. I barely group, but when I do I find the sweet spot for maximizing what I have going on.

People complained the sky was falling with the added mana on dp. Let's be real a 90k nuke every 9 sec for 450 mana was too good to be true. It needs adjusted. The mana should have gone up with each rank. The current situation is a bit excessive all things considered.

With that said the sky is not falling, we are still ok. It could use some tuning, fair enough.

I've been maxing dps for years now and I've been parsing all along. That nuke line up is the bread and butter any mob type all set up go to situation for Dps. If when you raid you are worried about splashing and healing and all the other mana consuming techniques. Dp is the absolute last of your concerns. with all the semantics. I could very well chain admonish and doctrine over and over ... I could also drive into oncoming traffic ...

Furthermore posting parses on undead targets ands claiming Paladins are awesome is kind of w no brainer. Congrats we are better than the other two tanks when we are supposed to be. Post the same parse over a duration where the mobs are live and you aren't getting blessing procs lol.

How any of that has to do with mana and dp is so confusing even battleblade cant follow. Sheesh.
  14. shiftie Augur

Also I'm perturbed by that parse wru pure forge and blunted blade. Holy forge outside of duration is our worst disc. Despite the net effects of blunted it still out parses holy
  15. Linden Augur

I agree with that. And a waste of a spell slot. I am curious though, are you chain stunning in groups to help mitigate and offset sub par gear? That's what kept me going and mana supply never ran out when I was in group gear.
  16. Linden Augur

Not me. I just don't see many raids in TDS where I can justify putting mana into dps, sure theres a few select targets, which allow for a burn, but I go with 2 wave heals, 3x burst heals, and splash, instead of DP every time it pops up, try using that mana for splashing instead, much bigger benefit to the raid then the small amount of dps your contributing from hitting DP every time it pops up, and losing that mana for healing.
  17. Linden Augur

Good point on the pure forge discipline. As for blunted blade. I dont use it
  18. Linden Augur

19. Linden Augur

....Says the player who does not raid? Really? You know how much mana is consumed by a paladin on a typical raid in tds? No, you dont. There is a reason most of our primary spells are .5 cast time or lower. Especially burst healing, I work from my ETW monitor the main Warrior group, spam burst heals, wave healing my group and splashing the main raid force as needed. Hit the Main warrior groups with Group Armor of the inquisitor and First spire of holiness to boost healing, and stay on top of it. I am not targeting the mob, hitting it with dps.
  20. Linden Augur

I already did, Shiftie. go through the thread, sustained 50-70kk dps on live mobs. Why anyone wants to keep arguing about this, I dont know. Look, show me some Warrior or SK parses. Would have been much higher, had I executed a full burn, not a partial. I do have some for over 80k sustained for 150s. Not gonna put it up though.
    /3 Xulous Prime in 135s, 242212k @1794160sdps / #11 Paladin 8479k@62808sdps (70075dps in 121s) [3.5%]
    Xulous Prime on 10/12/2015

Linden - 88
    --- Ardent Fury Strike - 5
    --- Blessing of Life - 7
    --- Brilliant Vindication - 5
    --- Disruptive Persecution VI - 11
    --- Glyph of the Cataclysm - 1
    --- Inquisitor's Judgment Effect - 25
    --- Inquisitor's Judgment XXI - 1
    --- Lesser Yaulp IV - 4
    --- Received Auspice of the Hunter - 2
    --- Second Spire of Holiness III - 1