Don't Trip

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hissteria, May 22, 2019.

1. Allayna Augur

Initial set up is a frickin nightmare tho....
    code-zero and Dagum like this.
  2. Cadira Augur

And theres like no YouTube videos for tutorials. There's a couple vids showing off set ups and specific things you can do but no beginner tutorials I could find...maybe I'll make one!
    Allayna and Kleitus_Xegony like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

If anyone who wants to get into ISB and actually wants a vid I can make a quick one that shows how to get set up with a quick 3 box and smash the piss outta some crescent reach mobs.
    code-zero, Allayna and Kleitus_Xegony like this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

At the moment I can keep every single place holder down for every named sept the ones in the castle dead.. in Aalishai.. by myself.

With that system.. from the talks me an tucoh have had.. it soundsike I'd double my existing overall dps..

I wonder if with that setup.. if I could finally down relic raider mission hahaha
  5. Cadira Augur

Without a doubt! I thought relic raider was one of the easier missions with my crew. Lamp mission I thought would be hard but boxed it with a bard as only cc. Ashes trial is...nothing short of a joke as well. The unmentioned program does some work.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This achievement is still broken failing randomly. It has failed several times while fighting the fire ambassador.

I am on attempt #50. Is this honestly intended, Devs? @Ngreth @Dzarn
  7. Tucoh Augur

I've got a few chars I need to get through it (my zerkers and my mage team). My plan is to hit 115 and get geared in ToV and come back and try to two box it while the rest of the characters are literally logged out of the game.

All my buggy failures happen when a char hops, lands and then a couple seconds later is flung to kingdom come. My theory is that my client sends in a bad position update or some baloney that triggers some locational script causing the failure. My hope is that by only having two characters logged in, there's less network traffic my clients have to make, but who knows.

Changing Plane of Smoke to allow CotH or just making this an opinion achievement would really be great alternatives to, you know, actually fixing this event.
  8. Belexes ForumQuester

I two boxed this and got the ach. SK and Rogue. Suspend merc when hopping. Don't hop into that bird/lizard thing that is flying around. Walk, don't run. When you get to the room where boss is, bring mercs back up.

Take your time and only step on portal when you are not gonna get that flying mob. Take your time and creep up to portal slowly.

I got it on my second attempt. First attempt I hit the flying mob.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I have literally tried every permutation of every trick suggested here and otherwise. Evac, porting out, gate to Stratos. Fail. Fail. Fail. Maybe it's just my toon's bad luck. Whenever I need to roll, I can count on being in the bottom 1% of rollers. /ran 5000, and I might roll a 13. Every time. My toons are cursed.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Has anyone ever tried on purpose to hit the flying mob to prove that's not just a nonsense theory?
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My gut says the Don't Trip and Just Passing Through fail mechanic is heavily reliant on network quality and packet validation. My pings are good and throughput is in the hundreds of Mbps, but every 30-45sec my lag meter cycles down to 99% then climbs back up to 100%. I do not know if this is normal, but I have gotten this for the last 10 years. My ISP assures me my connection is as good or better than anyone else's in their network.
  12. Conq Augur

Hitting the flying nilborian is how you get the achievement "Just Passing Through" during the mission Trial of Wending Ways. I still try this 2x a week, still fail it randomly. It sucks.
    Conq
  13. Belexes ForumQuester

All I know is when I have failed, there was a slight pause in the game when I am in mid air from hitting that flying niborian. I play in first person, so I can see this pause. It might be coincidence, it might not, but I don't want to take the chance of failing. I try to be very methodical doing this.

I have been in other groups where I am helping someone else get this ach and I have failed it just like I described above. Every time there is this pause in mid air, very slight.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Interesting. I've never noticed a pause in the air. It's always a knockback into the center after landing when I fail.
  15. Belexes ForumQuester

I never got the knockback. I land like normal, but I see the message about failing.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Just got the achievement again on my two zerkers. I got lucky in that I had fire->water, so there were minimal jumps. I did it with all my chars each time, and in an effort to test the Niborian theory I tried to hit the Niborian everytime. This is pretty hard and I only really hit it once (on Tucovati), but I didn't fall. I also got the achievement on both.

I always thought you got the "Just Passing Through" achievement for falling through the center (which I just figured was considered uhh, "the Niborian"), so now I have no idea what triggers that achievement.

I'll have to do this garbage again with my mage group, but who knows, maybe the last patch fixed the issues with it? :D

[IMG]

edit: also note this is the first time the zerkers tried wending ways, they're very lucky!!
  17. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Congrats! It would seem that minimizing jumps is the key and everything else is hokus-pokus-phooey.

I accomplished mine by campfiring out each time. In the run where I finally succeeded, it was worst-case in that the final two went Water > Fire. However, I have had this fail on my very first jump as well, so some luck is needed. I still maintain that network/connection quality has something to do with it.
    Duder likes this.
  18. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I still have yet to do this stupid f'n achievement. I've done the mission 1000 times, and the last time I fell going for the damn chest. THE CHEST. I wasn't doing anything shifty, and all the stupid "advice" here was followed. This is a pretty frustrating achievement to try for.
  19. Tucoh Augur

if you had a flawless run and jumped to the chest you kind of deserve to fail on the way, haha. Everytime I've gotten it, I teleported out and ran back to plane of smoke to get the chest
    Koryu likes this.
  20. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

As someone else already articulated, I shouldn't have to circumvent the mechanic to get the achievement.
    Duder likes this.