Don't Trip

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hissteria, May 22, 2019.

1. Tucoh Augur

DBG should just admit this event is a disaster and as an apology allow coth in the zone :D
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Duder like this.
  2. Tobynn Augur

I have found that using evac as much as possible, and avoiding using the TL pads as much as possible, leads to better chance of getting this ach done.
  3. Dagum Elder

No they should not... It's easy

Now I will say that half the time people mess it up by not doing anything wrong is because of mercs. they step on a pad and while going across the court yard they hit their merc, fall and causes fail.

When playing with mercs set the person going across the pad as the puller. This will make it so that they will not hit the merc during transit.

The other option is to not use mercs.
  4. Cadira Augur

Please refer to tucohs video above and try again.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Dagum Elder

Yeah, I don't use isoboxer and it works fine. I box all the time with the wife and we can do it. I've done it multiple times with people on my server. I've done pick up groups, filled the group, didn't even tell them about the achievement and they all have it.

From looking at that video I would blame ISOboxer and his key setup. I box 4 toons the wife boxes 2 toons. We do not use ISO boxer and it works fine.

The dev's should not have to design a game around a person using 3rd party software. I have done this mission with repeated success. Turn off ISO boxer and then show the video. Run 1 toon at a time. If using merc set to puller.

I can not count how many times I have done with mission for people. It works fine.
  6. Cadira Augur

I have got this achievement on my first try, using ISB. A full group.

The problem appears to be server lag or client lag, and can randomly cause people with larger amounts to fail for no reason.

You fail it so infrequently due to being on the positive side of the spectrum; quit coming up with b*****it reasons to deny the idea that this is simply poorly coded and needs fixed.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Wait wait wait..

Let me see if I get this..

The actual metric on whether or not this archiv is broken..

Is Tuco .. or rather his inability to get the achiv while using an outside game programs to enable his style of play ?

Am I understanding this correctly ??
  8. Cicelee Augur

Yesterday I got this achievement on the 14th attempt. The first 13 someone fell. I fell around 8-10 of those times.

I counted to 10 before I took a portal after I saw someone go through it. I clicked on the portal. I was shrunk. I had a ping of 69ms for the mission. I do not use any third party programs for boxing. I did not once see lag while I flew through the sky.

I am wondering what is wrong with me? Quick answer- I did nothing wrong, it is just a horribly implemented achievement that relies on luck to be successful.
  9. Lubianx Augur

I was under the same impression as most on this as I had constantly failed the achievement.
    The last attempt we tried something different. We went through 1 at a time.

One person moved to the correct room. Once there, they moved into the room (mobs do not see invis).
    Then the next person did it and so on one at a time. We then rinsed and repeated for each area, nobody but 1 person moved.

Even at the end one person went to the chest just in case.

It took forever but it worked. Still I'm glad I don't have to get the achievement again.
  10. Dagum Elder

Was there mercs in the group? Did you set the person jumping as puller before they jumped if there were mercs in the group?
  11. Cadira Augur

Just stop, dude.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  12. Dagum Elder

I guess you don't understand just how easy this mission/achievement is. The dude didn't mention merc or no merc.

Either you try and fix the problem or you don't. I know for a fact that mercs are a problem. I also know that people using the 3rd party program ISO boxer have problems.

Why should I just stop?
  13. Tumbler Lorekeeper

I doubt your even able to play the game without using a 3rd party program. However, this is simply not broken. It works just fine.
  14. Cadira Augur

Stupid, just stupid. Sadly there's no cure for you : (
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  15. Khat_Nip Meow

[Thu Aug 22 23:42:03 2019] You have completed achievement: Don't Trip

I had my merc out with no special roles set.
  16. Duder Augur

I have done it numerous times with mercs out, no roles set, and my bst pet, without succoring, gating, porting, campfiring, without leaving the zone. Mercs and pets have nothing to do with it.
    Jennre likes this.
  17. Tucoh Augur

You're right on the first bit. Without one of discord/teamspeak/ventrilo it'd be hard to keep playing EQ.

The mission still has bugs though. I mean, how can you watch the video of me landing cleanly for a couple seconds and then being bounced and think it's working fine?
  18. Allayna Augur

I blame the aura-man....but the achievements been broken since inception.
    Raccoo and Yinla like this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

No.
  20. Dagum Elder

Watch that video again. You move while jumping. You hit your left arrow key. You can see you jerk while porting.

Then it ports you back as if you moved left after. I would blame that fail on you moving your toon left while jumping in the air.

How can I? Because of the numerous times I've done it successfully.

I am not saying don't use the third party program. I am saying don't use it if you want that achievement.