Does Truebox actually solve anything?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Varyk, Mar 13, 2024.

1. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

It does not even slow down the large bot crews....it only impacts the casual boxers who two boxes or three boxes. PERIOD.

The ONLY way there will ever be another Ragefire is if they take away /pick....

Just because you are too ignorant to understand this does not change the reality.
  2. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

Game is ruined then....because it has happened for 25 years.

PS there is a reason BOX is in the name TRUE BOX....it means you must use a CPU for each account, it does not mean players are not allowed to box.
  3. Trunch New Member

Truebox benefits the majority. That's EQ Baby!

PS: EverQuest is a social game, changing it into a one player game, isn't fair to others.
  4. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

I highly doubt it is the MAJORITY...

and I do not give a damn if you think it is fair or not...

I will box like I always have and you will just have to deal with it....lol
    jeskola likes this.
  5. Trunch New Member

You're right! I don't know if its the majority, I should I have stated that as my opinion.
    NuffanTuit likes this.
  6. itiswhatitis Elder

Cool. but I don't lie or make stuff up.
  7. itiswhatitis Elder

No it doesn't. You get rid of legit boxers and replace them Will bot armies.
  8. CdeezNotes Augur

Truebox benefits RMTers and cheaters. It inhibits the rule followers and normal players.

Life isn't fair. Learn to have the emotional maturity beyond a 3 year who has to share a toy. Truebox isn't going to help terrible players get groups.

EQ is a social game, but that doesn't mean you always need to be social to play it. What a ridiculous argument. Cars have more than 1 seat, do they need to be occupied all the time?
    jeskola likes this.
  9. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

10. jeskola pheerie

Also its 2024. There is a belief system where Truebox will restore our youth and transport us back to 1999-2001. Sorry but even the hallowed private servers don't achieve that.
  11. Laberintica77 Journeyman

You are so out of tune with TLP servers; ALL phinny +++ servers are plagued with the ever eternal 50 Solo boxer in which all characters follow and mimic one player and the 24/7 & the 20 boxers that live farming gems in planes and/S.Grotto.. where have you been? Just because you haven't seen that on Mischief, doesn't mean even is not happening on every other normal server.
    TB does not fix anything, it only hinders the poor person that is 3-4 boxing legit without an automated program.

Instead of TB, what we need is an actual server in which people have to subscribe and pay for their account. I want to see those boxers forking 15$ per account upfront.
    Dominate likes this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

It's time to stop the "OMG remember Magefire!?" refrain. Yes omg we remember Magefire. Before AOC before pick optimization etc. sorry if you still suffer from PTSD but talk to your therapist and move on.
    mercury890 likes this.
  13. mercury890 Old Timer from the days of karana.

Assuming one is social...Yes, a big plus if you like sitting around LFG.... But some of us are not and are busy with RL, not having the luxury of time to wait on finding a group. I'm in a guild, have been for 20 years and would be there to help when I could/can but a lot of times it's quicker to log on 5 toons on my laptop and get that mission or task without having to deal with all the drama of sitting around waiting others...I'm sure I'm not alone...
    jeskola likes this.
  14. Exmortis_MT Augur

You are not indeed, it also comes down to enjoyment, especially classic to pop. People only actually group in a few zones for this time, and although they are decent zones for the most part they are not indicative of the entire game during this era.

Having a box team means I can go to virtually any group zone and play. Try finding anyone willing to go to Dalnir? As an example.

Each TLP I have a few zones I want to play through that I missed in previous TLPs are just want to change it up. They rarely include unrest or Velks :)
    jeskola likes this.
  15. Ddezul Augur

i just wish 99-01 was my youth.
  16. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Exmortis_MT likes this.
  17. Ainamaf New Member

this discussion will never go anywhere as long as people lie and pretend theres hoards of roaming 20-50 toon boxers clearing zone after zone to farm krono to RMT (also stop pretending youre against this, but using krono in game same deal, different seller). if you want to have a serious discussion, stop making things up. there's never more than a couple on servers, and most of those are power level teams with enough people to spawn picks, so you don't even see them.

same rule for the others. they're not dodging random people in live zones. they're going into dzs and picks

as for "social", no one has time to sit around lfg for 4 hours just to group for 45 min and log off. If there was no boxing, those people wouldnt play. either way, you aint grouping with them.

Atleast now, most will add you to their group, and you got a pretty safe group to xp with. hardcore xp grinding isnt the only way you get social interactions in this game

stop dumbing the entire game down to grinding in one spot for hours on end and using it as your argument against boxing.

the game dont exist without boxing. it just dont. not enough players. accept it and move on.
  18. Trevalon Augur

I never said it 100% prevents mass boxers. I have played on almost every single TLP except for Coirnav (slow EXP is terrible), and I have seen those mass boxers. I know they exist and I see Siren's grotto on every server.

I still want Truebox. Are there people boxing mass armies? Of course, but theres only 20 of them instead of 100 of them (Obviously made up numbers for effect). Even with picks I still advocate for Truebox. Now if you want to relax it at OOW, I think thats a great place to relax it, but I think Truebox has a very important place in EQ as those of us on Ragefire remember, it was literally the worst iteration of EQ ever.

That being said and as I said earlier, I am ALL for them creating a new Rizlona non-truebox server.
    Arclyte likes this.
  19. Exmortis_MT Augur

Yes that is my name, do not wear it out!
  20. NuffanTuit Nuffan Tuit on Innoruuk Server

It is the same number of mass box crews whether it is a true box server or not.