Dispelling charm pets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kazuma the guy, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Turinbar Augur

There is 3rd party software that allows ppl to see all the mobs up in a zone. DBG rarely takes action on it.
  2. Turinbar Augur

keep sending those petitions, sooner or later if you send enough a GM will ban that person. Good to know people are still using the system to get complaints dealt with.
  3. Turinbar Augur

this has nothing to do with cog dissonance, he simply wants a reply to his petition, he deserves one.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

You can dispell anything if you kill it, as far as i know. You cannot dispell it to let it kill the group.

The argument for dispelling and killing is basically people can charm named, place holders or even exp mobs. Ive never heard of anyone getting anything for killing charmed mobs...
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  5. Kazuma the guy New Member

ah now this makes perfect sense. you've learned something new and shiny and are trying to apply it to your life, maybe show it off a little. that's cool. you're stating I should just accept this is the way things are now and move on. I disagree. it's important to bring these type of incidents to both DBG and the general attention of the community so that they know what to expect from certain guilds. you don't have to agree with me, just as I don't have to agree that dispelling of charmed pets is acceptable behavior (despite lack of action on DBG's part).

I'll continue to petition this type of behavior for a response and encourage anyone else griefed to do the same.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  6. Kazuma the guy New Member

y i k e s.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Freud up in these forums.

Wonder what hes compensating for...
  8. Machentoo Augur

This would be a great argument, if it were true. This sort of thing has been taking place for 2-3 years now, ever since the early days of Ragefire and Lockjaw, with no intervention from DBG. And the TLP population keeps growing despite it.
  9. Kazuma the guy New Member

it's growing but for some reason coirnav is the most dead of all the past TLPs, hmmmmmm.

I'll keep up the good fight and you guys can keep believing that just because something has been this way forever, means it should continue to be allowed. I don't know how many times I can tell you that I believe this has been ignored in the past, and that is likely why people are increasingly acting more toxic towards others as more TLPs are launched. however, eventually DBG won't be able to turn a blind eye when this sort of behavior starts eating into their revenue as people decide it isn't worth the blatant griefing.
  10. Machentoo Augur

Yes, I'm sure that is all because of charm dispelling, and has nothing to do with Coirnav being a Phinny clone with nothing new to offer people and horrendously slow xp.
  11. danathor New Member

i started a thread in the player support section about some guy dispelling my pet dozens of times over the course of a couple hours for basically no reason and then again a week later when i met him again.

first GM ruled no harassment, mob racing contest (altho guy usually didnt kill my mob/pet)
    second GM ruled harassment, considering action but not disclosed.

have seen the pally online a couple days after that so punishment, if any, cannot have been too severe.

as someone else stated above, i think your case will be difficult to argue if they actually killed the pet. for them to take action there would probably have to be clear that the intent was 100% to inconvenience you (and even then some gms might just be too lazy to act on it as was the case with me and the first gm).

still, i think it doesnt hurt to petition. i have no idea why people would discourage others to do so only because they think DBG does not care. se internetz...
  12. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

Phinigel xp was slower on launch right, and that server did fine. People are just used to agnarr where they can race to 50 no problem, but phinigel wasnt like that and it was still popular. People are just going to have to take longer to level here but doesnt mean its dead, means its a marathon not a race.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Feels that way, yeah.
  14. Endyr New Member

There is a vast difference here.
    Dispelling a charm pet with the intention to kill it is NOT against any sort of Terms of Service (ToS). Every mob is considered fair game to be killed.

HOWEVER... Dispelling a charm pet with the PURE intentions of causing harm to the player, such as intentionally wiping them, IS against the ToS. If the dispeller makes no effort to kill the mob they are dispelling, then this is a reportable and banable offense.

I have seen action taken against these individuals, but I had to provide video proof of the event. Intentional training is also a banable offense, again, video evidence is usually required for any action to be taken.

I recently had an individual (Kyokule - 41 wizard on Coirnav) dispelling my charm pet on the Cyclops isle and gathering every mob he possibly could and trying to run them over me. He ended up getting my whole crew killed... But I got some great video evidence
  15. Ilshade Augur

not totally true on the damage part. 51% at the current time of the current hps of the mob.
    So if a Bard or Chanter charm/mem whip owner then do the last 5% damage they own the mob easy no dps war needed. its sad but true... even then you can also disenchant dots, which also make it worse for necros trying to dps war
  16. Ilshade Augur

Dispelling Charm is not Bannable.

Training and causing experience loss is bannable. Send your video in it will be actioned, mine have all been - ( a few times i have had the person log in on an alt and say thanks for the ban or suspend, but not in those nice words - so the ones that don't take the time i am confident DBG does there job when provided evidence)

Again if you charm a mob that is a rare or drops a quest item, you are asking for trouble and want have a leg to stand on
  17. Endyr New Member

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct
    "1. You may not harass or threaten other players."

Dispelling a charm pet purely to cause you to wipe is absolutely bannable. It's harassment of another player.
    You even said it yourself
    Again, you have to have video evidence proving they made no effort to kill the mob and was doing so purely to harass you.
  18. fransisco Augur

not true. You are intentionally greifing a player.
    moogs likes this.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Not according to the new EQ rules.
  20. ShivanAngel Augur

98% of the time if your charmed pet is getting dispelled....

1) I highly doubt you are 100% innocent in whatever is going on, even if by proxy.
    2) you are in a highly contested camp and that is one of the risks.

Granted sometimes will be but it certainly isnt the norm as people make it out to be.