Dispelling charm pets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kazuma the guy, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Kazuma the guy New Member

What's been DBG's stance on players that spam dispel charm pets to either grief and steal mobs or try and wipe a group? If we get it on video and submit it for review will it result in an actionable offense? Thanks!
  2. Allizarx Journeyman

From my experience: Dispelling during a contested/dps fight has never lead to any punishment that I have heard of, but dispelling to grief someone exping and get them killed intentionally will.

Sometimes during a contested mob there is nothing else to counter charm gating tactics, and I am absolutely sure I have been reported during those cases and nothing was ever done.
  3. xxar Augur

Dispelling a mob is considered part of the contested content dps race. The charmed mob is a legit target to be killed and dispelled.
  4. Kazuma the guy New Member

okay, the reason I ask is that I have some folks in RI on fraps spam dispelling our charm pet to bully us out of a zone. seemed to be pretty mean spirited of them. I'm going to be petitioning DBG with it and hope to see some results.
  5. Kazuma the guy New Member

actually there were no mobs around us, a group of ~25 RI walked into our camp and spam dispelled the mob until it was dead then moved on. it's okay, we'll see what DBG's reaction is to the offense. if it really is something that DBG supports then I'll be glad to know that for future interactions with players.
  6. Allizarx Journeyman

Was it a named mob or something? Raids typically get a lot of freedom, for example, you can't hold back a Trakanon raid by parking your group in the way of the pull an expecting not to die etc.
  7. xxar Augur

Any mob is a legit target period.
  8. Kazuma the guy New Member

it was not a named mob, just a pet of ours we were using to clear some trash. we were near the zone-in too so nothing was around us. it was our pet in a corner with our group and they beelined for us then killed it.

thanks for the reply xxar but I'll wait for DBG to weigh in vs a random person on the forums. they have the video and details of the altercation.
  9. Allizarx Journeyman

Did they stay there harassing you or did they move on?
  10. Kazuma the guy New Member

they moved to another area then when we were trying to kill a mob in our camp somehow they all magically knew we had an npc, the entire RI raid moved back to our camp and killed it before we had a chance to do anything. this happened twice.

in other words, we're getting harassed. :)
  11. Machentoo Augur

Maybe you should have done that before posting a thread asking random people on the forum to weigh in.
    Kattria Minx and MaxTheLion like this.
  12. Kazuma the guy New Member

it's okay he weighed in i welcome the discussion. just saying that DBG's stance on the matter holds more weight than a person who is likely in RI trying to defend their actions.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  13. Allizarx Journeyman

I would just move on, if they have the force to beat you then they win. That is just how it is here and you will likely see far worse on a TLP before long. It was a little culture shock for me when I first came here, but you learn when it's time to fight for your camp and when it's time to give that camp up. Get in a guild and start taking your own camps.
  14. MaxTheLion Augur

Wish the 40 odd threads started on the same subject would be merged and stickied prior to a new TLP launching. Remember when this was a thing on Phinny and then shortly on Agnarr and now apparently on Coirnav?
  15. Kazuma the guy New Member

that's really a shame, but if people have free reign to do anything with zero repercussions then that's good to know and I'll remember that for next time. still submitted the video though because maybe DBG will decide to crack down on toxic behavior on this server, never know. :)

at the very least, I'm sure DBG would be very interested in how a raid of RI seems to know exactly when certain mobs are up and in a person's camp when they're nowhere near said group.
  16. xxar Augur

We do know , that is the entire point. This is not a new topic , DBG has already made it clear that DPS is king 51%+ owns the kill and any mob is a legit target . The action of dispelling a mob is part of combat.
  17. Kazuma the guy New Member

that's cool xxar, like I said if that's DBG's stance then I'll expect that response from them in my petition. at this point I'm more interested in showing them videos of a raid magically appearing in my camp twice when there was nobody near us to know the mob was there. I'm pretty sure that sort of clairvoyance isn't something DBG has ever supported.
  18. xxar Augur

That issue has nothing to do with dispelling a mob , that is a entirely different subject. Also gl on the petition.
  19. Machentoo Augur

You shouldn't expect any such thing in response to your petition. It is against DBG policy to discuss any actions or sanctions taken against other subscribers. It is also against DBG policy to tell you exactly what violates their rules. Their silence on these issues is deafening, and players generally can only figure out what is and what is not allowed by communicating with one another. Which has taken place in this thread, and sadly been dismissed by you.
    Ronzark likes this.
  20. Kazuma the guy New Member

you've all stated your points clearly and i hear what you're saying. that isn't going to stop me from trying to bring this to DBG's attention. here's the reality; just because something has been allowed in the past doesn't mean you can't question it today. dispelling mobs and intentionally griefing creates a toxic environment which is going to just slowly whittle away at this game's population. if DBG doesn't care, great. the same handful of toxic players will eventually be playing with themselves. gonna be hard to sell those krono if nobody is around to buy them. most sane people will only tolerate so much griefing before they say screw it and move on to another game.

what i do know is that some of the people in that RI raid were absolutely using some questionable methods to track mobs and that part i do hope DBG pays attention to.