Devs - Do people use VM ware for work?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rogue001, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Seithinal New Member

Simple buys 100 to 200 dollar machine to play EQ on. the excuse that you use a work computer to play on is a bad one..
  2. yober Elder

No it isn't. Just because a $100-200 computer can run EQ doesn't mean it can run it well. Sorry some of us don't want to deal with raiding at 10fps.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  3. phattoni Augur

i use vmware and virtualbox all the time, have had it installed on my computer alongside eq for years, ive never been banned or warned, you people are doing other things.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Laronk like this.
  4. Seithinal New Member

I have a rebuilt $200 comp from walmart I run a box on and it does just fine. this is a 20 year old game lol anything that can boot up these days can run eq well. Excuses. Don't run 20 toons on your work computer and you will have no problems.
  5. laenar New Member

This isn't the truth. Use any computer you want to. Having VM installed, or also doing work on your computer isn't going to affect anything.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, for what? Are you claiming you did something?
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm still amazed at the number of eq players who hold down fooook time jobs and play eq 15 hours a day.

Truly the 1%'ers.
  8. Flexter New Member

Did anyone ever get a satisfactory response from dreamweaver/other? It's been almost 3 weeks now and the only message I have received is:
    I've asked for an update, because I'd really like to be able to play on Mangler again, but I haven't heard anything back. Is it safe to play on truebox servers again, or should we expect to get re-suspended if we have vm-ware installed (not used)?
  9. Rogue001 Lorekeeper

Reading comprehension 0/10