Devs: Bers v Wiz - Raw parse data.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bighitz, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bighitz Augur

background:

Berserker:

Raid geared for all parses (best form previous expansion), groups mostly and with some support although rarely perfect support. some of the parses are from raids. all just combined, non cherry picked.

Wizard:
    Group geared (from tier 3 VOA to tier 1 ROF), between 2K AAs and shy of 4K AAs, 90% of the time without the AAs included in patch of april, is between level 95 and 100 90% of the time. still misses ranks of cryomancy, pyromancy and prolonged destruction as well as some other minor fluff.

Parses are both non cherry picked combined of trash + raid for berserker.

Berserker ROF DPS (sustained over expansion):

/tell Bighitz Bighitz -vs- Combined: A crystal of fear: -- DMG: 576907306 -- DPS: 13098 -- Scaled: 13097 -- Pierce: 317486874 -- DirDmg: 112618491 -- Slash: 66979211 -- Hit: 49932572 -- Frenzy: 28764594 -- Punch: 1125564 -- Non-crit rate: 47,9% -- crit rate: 49,3% -- crippling rate: 2,8% -- Attempts: 118230 -- Hits: 104821 -- Missed: 13409 -- Accuracy: 88,7% -- Avg Hit: 5507 -- Max hit: 412321 -- DMG to PC: 31483508

/GU Combined: A crystal of fear in 44048s, 2694257k @61166dps --- Bighitz 576907k @13098dps (21,41%)

Low % of total dps is because its an average over raid and group obviously. Also just normal grinding non burning I a berserker hits 16K without support, but as I haven’t cherry picked for wizard, I wont do so for berserker either. Berserker expansion DPS is hurting a bit from the fact that melees are harder hit by deaths than casters, but this is raw data.

Wizard ROF DPS (sustained over expansion):

/tell XXXX -vs- Combined: A famished goral: -- DMG: 940277215 -- DPS: 29917 -- Scaled: 29902 -- DirDmg: 938171215 -- DoT: 2106000 -- Non-crit rate: 82% -- crit rate: 18% -- Attempts: 12582 -- Hits: 12582 -- Accuracy: 100% -- Avg Hit: 74731 -- Max hit: 441174 -- DMG to PC: 2386213.

Combined: A famished goral in 31445s, 1003424k @31910dps --- XXX 940277k @29917dps (93,71%)

Conclusion:

Overall this expansion my badly group geared wizard has done better than my raid geared berserker. I have tried to play both classes optimally.
  2. Bighitz Augur

Just a heads up, if any devs want the logs for the above toons, they can certainly have them. As stated there is no obivous biases as i haven't cherry picked.
  3. Bighitz Augur

1 more thing to note is the direct damage is primarily from decapitation. i did some decapitation early in the expansion to get fast XP. Berserkers doesnt have much parse after april patch, but it didnt alter berserker DPS much, so this isn't a big skew.
  4. Piemastaj Augur

Is the Wizard in a group only? Were your groups consistently killing or med breaks? What is your guilds avg DPs for most fights? Are you using the best Weapon on your Zerker, or just a T4 weapon? Do you disc whenever they come up on both toons? What does the b/t 95 and 100 mean? What were your death totals on both?

Your data is severely lacking numerous things. Not to mention if your comparing raid parses to group parses and mixing them up none of that can be used to justify anything.

Burn orders you used on both would help for when both classes come here and justify their sides.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

The only thing that parse shows is that A) you weren't trying, or B) you are a better wizard than you are a berzerker.
    Jiggs, Cmax, Beimeith and 3 others like this.
  6. Bighitz Augur

1) wizard is only group or solo. some times med some times not. i have been trying to sustain as well as i can without ever going out of mana.. every tool can use all his mana in a hurry 8-D, skill factor is to sustain without having to med.

i dont want to unmerge group and raid. this is raw DPS over whatever both the classes have done, with deaths and all.. of course i got my own idea of how to make both more representative, but i will no be accused of fiddling with the numbers..

Having decap part of berserker DPS is very kind when comparing to the wiz, as this make the bers look better. correspondingly i have had times where i afked and burned and then afked again (minor part of total parses though) which of course greatly increases WIZ dps. overall i believe the time i have used decapping and the time i have used med / burning on wiz is roughly the same.

I think its very much comparable....
  7. Bighitz Augur

When you combine over a total expansion you get a bit less DPS than you do in your normal group, non discing..

That is the case for my berserker, and also for the wiz. because you some times slack. you some times hit a mob once and then go lazy mode on nukes or go out of mana and have to harvest.. etc. etc. etc.. these things makes up for less DPS than a smaller sample would give. deaths are also a factor.
  8. Fansy Augur

These parses are just non sense trying to be shaped into reasonable data.

If you want to compare stuff do it after the fix on test goes live. When both classes are supported for a burst fight then repeat a burst fight 50 times. Then do the same for a long controlled sustained fight. Then repeat these conditions again without support. Then explain exactly all the details of each and maybe people would listen to a legitimate issue. Instead of garbled data from who knows what type of conditions with your track record saying take it at face value.
  9. Bighitz Augur

Why do you think i have a bias against wizards????? look at my data. i got almsot as much parsing data from my wiz as my berserker..... please get it, I JUST WANT BALANCE... providing data should be the foundation for balancing, this is raw data...
  10. Bighitz Augur

lol its the same always... just mud throwing.. no matter what data you present you have to take flak... as i already stated BOTH classes have higher real DPS..
  11. Nenton Augur

I've already explained why your wizard data is wrong in the other thread and I'd be pretty ashamed to put up a 13k raid geared berserker parse which INCLUDED decapitation dps. My zero-support, group geared rogue does more than that in combined parses. So what you're saying is not only are raid berserkers behind group wizards but they're also behind group rogues? NERFS INC GUYZ.
  12. Bighitz Augur

No voodoo - look at old threads from VOA where i was in wiz threads supporting them!??!

what is happening is that i yell for balancing, reasoning.. then someone says i am biased, i reason some more with logic and they keep coming on me with THEIR own biased views, attacking me in person.. Then i get angry and utter myself in a non diplomatic way about the balancing issues and is labbeled even more..

I want wizards to be strong as hell. But i want a balanced game that i can enjoy....
  13. Bighitz Augur

Read what i am saying.. .MY BERSERKER DOES MORE THAN 13K ina a group setting without support... THIS IS UNEDITED DATA.. deaths obivously hits DPS to for a berserker, no endurance (which is a common occurance in raids hurts us)..

And no, i am not a bad berserker. I have been the best Burning berserker in all guilds i have been in.. what you dont understand is that the average over an entire expansion puts your DPS down alot, compared to a focused grinding session...
  14. Explicit Augur

I have a level 97 berserker alt that I'm fairly confident could parse higher than what you've shown over the same length of time...and further more, I'm even more positive I could do that on a warrior. Maybe there is something wrong with how you play your character.

Also, you're not arguing for balance -- this post and 99% of your other posts imply that you want wizards nerfed.
  15. Bighitz Augur

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HOW I PLAY MY BERSERKER...

Brogett, Songsa, Aggemenon. someone i have raided with come in here and say that i blow off face with my bers......
  16. Reht The Dude abides...

Look at that, now he admits the parse is worthless too....
  17. Bighitz Augur

The relation between them is not useless, but the actual numbers are.. but when you parse yourself in a focused LOD group for example and compare that to how you did when parselog is turned on overall in an expansion there is a big disperity... of course there is.

But its the same biases for the wiz as for the berserker...
  18. Rasputyn Elder

This thread has zero useful information. I guess we can all PL our post counts.
    Cmax, Beimeith and Voodoman like this.
  19. Tanecho Augur

Damage per second is a flawed statistic. Lets say a wizard casts 3 spells over the life of an average trash mob, which lives for 20 seconds. The first one hits at second 7, the second at 14, and the last at 20 as the killshot. Their DPS will only be measured over 7-20, or 14 seconds. The berserker will swing immediately, and be measured over the entire 20 (or maybe 19). If they did the same amount of damage, the wizard's DPS would be around 40% higher.

I'm not at all saying that berserkers don't need help. I'm just saying this measure isn't the one to use for that reason. You have to have them fighting something at the same time, and compare their raw damage done, or their DPS adjusted for fight duration, not participation time.
    Bighitz likes this.
  20. Explicit Augur

Berserkers do need help, but the whole "let's just bring wizards down to our level so we can look kewl again" logic is severely flawed.
  21. Bighitz Augur

thanks rasputyn.. lets not parse anything....... because its all flawed...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.