Devs: Bers v Wiz - Raw parse data.

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Bighitz, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gragas Augur

Eh, /GU Combined: King Xorbb in 928s, 39279k @42326 --- Gragas 39279k would have been first in your guild, but was 14th or so in mine behind monks, beastlords, rogues, wizard and mages. So would go out on a limb here and say the berserker knows what they are doing but the rest of your guild is slacking?
  2. Reht The Dude abides...

If they were tagged as raid mobs i would agree, but since they aren't, we aren't doing full dps (except on vulak).
  3. Gragas Augur

And you still take top spot on the parse on those mobs even though you are not doing full DPS.
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

Negative, necros take the top spot...........
  5. RagePaw Augur

Parse targets are rarely the most challenging of events, the main goal however is to collect accurate data hence avoiding raids with adds.
  6. Amor Augur

And even than all the parse will show is what your guild is capable of. There is no guild in EQ that has the top players of every class so the only thing ever 100% accurate is what your guild can do, nothing more.

Amorcen
    Reht likes this.
  7. Gragas Augur

Only if the fight lasts more than 2 mins?
  8. Gragas Augur

Respectively disagree, ROI is pretty close to fitting that description.
  9. Reht The Dude abides...

Yep, and that's as it should be, we aren't terribly out of whack, berzerkers are. If berzerkers were putting out comparable numbers, which you should be, no one would be complaining about the state of wizards. Most of us do not disagree that you guys are broken and are in need of boosts, but stop trying to do it at our expense. You have been broken for months, we were broken for years.
    Sinestra and Behelit like this.
  10. Slasher Augur

I've come to the opinion of who cares if you beat the raid event everyone gets gear. We cannot control what the devs do so just have fun playing the game and do not worry about what you cannot control.
  11. Amor Augur

You can disagree all you want but the fact is you don't have the top players of every class. No guild can honestly make that claim unless you're ignorant enough to think only the best players raid. There are superstars across all servers and some might only be groupers. You would also be ignorant to think you know everyone playing EQ and what the're capable of.

Amorcen
    Mykaylla likes this.
  12. Gragas Augur

None in the berserker community has actually blatantly called for nerfs (except maybe Bighitz), it's a figment of your over active imagination. Pointing out the disparity between casters in general versus their melee counterparts except for monks after the patch that fixed them, is the point that has been pushed. From the reply's in this thread at least someone is paying attention, albeit none that matter since no dev's have not really replied.
  13. Gragas Augur

Nope, it's just my opinion and I freely express it. I don't call anyone ignorant though if their opinion does not agree with mine.
  14. Reht The Dude abides...

I didn't say you were directly calling for nerfs, but continually jumping on the "wizards are doing too much damage" bandwagon (not aimed at you, but more towards some other members of your class) is almost the same thing. If the tenor of your arguments, as a class, were that berzerker damage should be comparable to wizard damage, then there would be very little argument and you would have a lot more support.
  15. Gragas Augur

Has always been my view, we are the melee version of the wizard because of lack of utility, so should be comparable DPS especially since we require so much support and coordination from other classes to reap the benefits (parsing) of max effort for DPS.
    Zerkers are only as good as their support (bards, shamans and beastlords), being so dependent on support is what hurts group zerkers as well.
    Hence, Augmented Frenzy when it was broke made us competitive, in raid and groups, with or without support. Was pleasantly surprised when it came to Live broken, because it was not broken in Beta, and thought maybe someone had actually gave us zerkers a tool to be competitive with casters.
  16. RagePaw Augur

Removing all push from the game would help all melee, do this please
    Sinestra likes this.
  17. Slasher Augur

As a class we need to settle down. No one knows where we stand until we see our tier 4 weapons if you go by previous trends tier 3 to 4 will be a .4-.5 ratio increase for us and that will be a game changer for us.

So lets stop with these threads and wait because nothing we're doing right now helps and it just makes other classes hate us.
    Sinestra likes this.
  18. RagePaw Augur

This would mean for 9 months of an expansion were not competitive, not something I want to see.
  19. Brogett Augur

We (I'm including rogs in this as I am one, but rog/ber suffer identical problems basically) need some more meaningful parses.

I have zero expectation of an enormous increase in ratio for T4. Just look at the T2 to T3 difference. (For rog it's under 1% dps gained via weaponry, and via discs/skilled we slipped back relative to others.) Don't bury your head in the sand and assume it'll all come out well in the end. Passing data and evidence to the devs is the right way to address these issues.
  20. Sinestra Augur

Yes coming up with evidence and data is the right way to address it. Coming up with valid evidence and data rather than a lot of back and forth about who can do what and whether or not a parse is valid certainly won't help. There has to be a group of trustworthy people who are able to get together and test what is really going on without trying to make themselves look better.

Personally (I don't play a Berserker much) I don't see how the Devs could have thought it was a bright idea to make ADPS on melee so strong. They should have upped the innate power of the classes and had ADPS improve it slightly.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.