Dev: Camp Rules on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by druidporta123, May 10, 2015.

1. Barton The Mischievous

Funny that is not how it works according to the Rules of Conduct and The PnP.

EDIT: See Below posts and the now updated Rules of Conduct and PNP
  2. Punchu Augur

https://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16211/kw/Play Nice Policy
  3. Barton The Mischievous

Ok so they have changed their mind since last Thursday.

Muhahahaha this changes everything then as the DPS is now officially a rule. So now I can do so and not be breaking the rules muhahahaha

It would be nice for them to make an actual Announcement about this in the announcement section
  4. Hateseeker Augur

5. Vaclav Augur

It'll take some finesse, but I guarantee it ends up influencing a few kills - pets don't attack with zero delay so it's just a matter of timing the blurs with some burst DPS.

Especially if they're targeting more like 4% for when the blur lands with an SK set up to do a HT with a /pause 26, /activate Harm Touch line tied to the blur in [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].
  6. Barton The Mischievous

Also depends on how many are casting mem blur lol. "ok guys start the mem blur chain NOW"

Edit: Someone have a copy of that welcome to the wild wild west pic?
    Deadlyne likes this.
  7. Punchu Augur

What barton said. These dreams of blur and nuke for the win are assuming a couple things won't be true:

1) you're the only one memblurring

2) there's not over 1kdps on the mob when you do blur.

I hear what you're saying Vaclav, but if there's over 100 characters at a 32khp mob,that's some serious timing dependent on ping.

[IMG]
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

It's more like 10k DPS assuming standard latency for most NA players (100 ping) - remember HT is instantaneous - so timed perfectly it would be within a 0.1 sec timeframe - so standard DPS would be comparing to a fraction of a second.

I'm sure we'll see some abject failures for a while with people trying - but 10k+ DPS early on is a hard threshold to hit. However actually thinking more into the SK route, you could simply use your own SK at around 25% or so to lock out another HT fortunately.

Since HT is out if you handle it wisely - it would be more about dialing in the timing to sync with a wizard (or wizards if they get bold) and enc I guess to manage it - 1508 gambling on Ice Comet, around 800 with Enticement.

And another memblur is rather moot - final memblur is the only one that matters at the end of the day.

I'm sure however bad it ends up being we'll see far more people try and fail to do it, than succeed by a wide margin - but I'm pretty sure we'll see a handful of successes.

At least we've got ObnoxiousEnchanter00 (or even ObnoxiousCleric00 remember Atone!) begins casting. <Memory Blur> stuff to be able to set to alarms though - so it'll be easier to try to adjust DPS to screw with them back or whatever (although with a 2.5s cast not THAT easy).
  9. Barton The Mischievous

With multiple memblurs going off it will be a crap shoot at best but hey even smaller guilds will be able to get lucky I guess but with what everyone has been saying about the mob dying before it fully renders in game you will have to just have your memblur and damage sources that are planned cast as soon as you can target and hope to get lucky don't think there will be time to wait till you see any messages are anything like that so basically skill and competition are gone and luck will rule lol or low latency will be something you recruit for hehe. LF SK and Enchanter with extremely low latency and high playtimes pst-
  10. Punchu Augur

Gonna come down to who has the most boxes closest to San Diego, just like the HT wars of fippy.
    Xanadas, Irbax_Smoo and Barton like this.
  11. Trevalon Augur

Well, while this definitely will effect the raiding game and make it even more annoying than it was prior.

I still don't see this being a huge problem for the group game. The truth is, most people just want to exp and be left alone. Camp disputes do nothing more than just slow down the exp. So, I see most camps being respected just from posterity sake.

What I am somewhat worried about is having 100 people sitting at say Frenzy all waiting to dps him down. That is a pretty bad situation and hopefully it won't come to that.

Ultimately, on Vulak, MOST people respected the camps because while it didn't allow them to have the mobs all the time it allowed them to have the mobs some of the time.

Sure there's gonna be bad apples, always is, but I guess well just have to wait and see.
  12. Vaclav Augur

Unless they've moved the servers recently - San Diego isn't the right one to aim for. (Beta's in SD though - not sure if Test is local for them or not)
  13. Barton The Mischievous

The thing is even back in the day, there were no official "camps" now with this rule the idea of camps is even more removed the official rule is dps wins so If you are camping something and I roll up and the mob spawns I target it and nuke it down. No rule was broken. I do not owe your "camp" anything I pay just as much as you do to access content and under the new rule I don't even have to share I just have to do more dps than you. No I'm afraid "camps" will not be honored out of some nostalgia or nod to the past, at least not any camps that really matter
  14. Jaxarale01 Augur

Does anyone know who is actually making these decisions?
    Is it a group of devs? Is DB's president picking random ideas on paper out of a hat? Do they have a 12 year prepubescent chained in the basement?

It is like they are purposefully trying to make the server consume itself and fail.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  15. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I believe it will be a huge problem for the group game, at least where named spawns are concerned. On Fippy there were long lists to get into the groups at the named camps, that is if it was an open list and not just a case of the camp being controlled by 1 guild. Now those named camps will have spectators waiting for the named mob to spawn so they can nuke it. The M.Q.2 wars have moved on from the raiding scene and into the group game.

When the Guise of the Deceiver was added to Fippy, it took the co-operation of the 3 top guilds AND the GM's to ensure that the camp and the list was respected and that kill stealing was not tolerated. If the Guise is once again added to the game, that camp will be a war zone. The camp will be trained on a regular basis, the players with M.Q.2 and the best ping times to the servers will win every fight. I would not be surprised if the RMT people got in on the act and offered to sell looting rights to the guise if they win.

I had the same thought. It would be hard to come up with a more effective rule set to lose the maximum number of players in the shortest amount of time, than the one proposed by DBG.

I am left wondering when the announcement of toleration for M. Q. 2 will arrive.
    Indrigoth and Jaxarale01 like this.
  16. Fallfyres Augur

From the most recent when DBG took over:

4.6 use, post, host or distribute cheats, hacks, mods, macros, \"bots\" or other programs which would allow unattended game play or which otherwise impact game play (including, without limitation, any program which enables or facilitates mining, character kills, or level increases) in connection with any Game(s);

Perhaps they will experiment with RANDOM spawning, *evil grin... Or perhaps they will let players know the difference between what activities are against TOS and ...erhm...not yet ENFORCED.
  17. Fallfyres Augur

--------------
    *Grins...and you DON'T think those with the best 'net connections aren't part of being competitive eh?!
  18. Barton The Mischievous

If i have to live in Yuckifornia to be competitive, then I guess I am out of luck
  19. crag79 Augur

Funny thing that everyone is missing is the very next line of the PNP.
    NOTE: The Ragefire TLP server will be a DPS race or "war." There will be no first in force or engage rules arbitrated or enforced by a Game Master.

1. You may not steal kills.

Kill Stealing is defined as the killing of an NPC for any reason that is already fighting or pursuing another player or group that is prepared to engage that same NPC without that group's specific permission.

The intent of this rule is discourage and make note of habitual Kill Stealers, not to punish those who honestly try to work together or those who make an honest mistake. Its enforcement by the EverQuest Customer Service Staff will reflect this philosophy.

2. You must comply with arbitration for contested spawns.

There are cases where two or more groups wish to kill the same NPC or hunt in the same area. In these cases, the groups are required to compromise.

If an equitable compromise cannot be reached between the players prior to EverQuest Customer Service Staff involvement, the Game Master will mandate a compromise. Any such compromise is final and not open to debate. Refusing to abide by these terms will be considered disruption and may result in disciplinary action.

It is therefore strongly suggested that the groups make every attempt to reach a compromise that they can live with prior to involving an Game Master, who may mandate a compromise that does not suit you to the extent that a player-devised compromise would.

Note: A "group" in this case is defined as a party of one or more characters that are united in a common belief or goal and are capable of completing that goal.

Copied directly from the link above. Just because they say dps war means if the mobs spawns it is a war. It does not mean you can run around taking mobs already engaged. Remdog didn't say anything contrary to what is in the agreement. Also read the section 2 about contested spawns. It talks right there about the whole Hans Gruber mentality. Figure it out in game yourselves or you will have to deal with the end result.
  20. Mezrah Augur

I noticed that, however most mobs do not last very long after they spawn. Certainly that will be the case for named spawns. Therefore almost everything will fall under the definition of a DPS race.