Dealing with jerk behavior

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raluden, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Rolaque Ancient

F8 to find blocked NPCs, or doesn't anyone know how to use the keyboard anymore? :cool:
  2. Draego Augur

Updating my comments here, and replying/addressing comments made by Piestro.

If Jchan isn't willing to make use of an auto-suspend function, then another suggestion would be to Auto-Shrink ALL Mercs, Pets, and Familiars to the smallest that they can become, and perma lock them into this small size.

As to how to apply this to mounts, meh I don't think it would/could work as a viable solution, but at least this is another suggestion for fixing the lag issue.
  3. dpsdpsdps Elder

why not just put in a zonewide effect that if you afk for more than 15 min you go into auto hide or something..its just video lag so just make people non visible after 15 min until they move again..or heck just give people an illusion that is one of those animated weapons with no body visible..and make them unarmed in the illusion when you zone in..so it just displays name and a target ring. problem solved.
  4. Draego Augur

Hiding them is different, look at the bazaar scenario, while you may free up video lag issues, the characters are still rendered and makes movement just as bad. So Auto hiding isn't really the best option either, which is why I keep suggesting the Auto suspend route.
  5. Makavien Augur

Hey they do enforce some rules like a team of players and me used the surname firecaulk with a w instead of the ul and we can no longer make surnames yet theres a guy named eatsbabies running around like there is nothing wrong with that name on FV. Multiple people duped the shawl and prolly countless other items too and nothing happened to any that I know of shrug.

I can't count the times a necro trained me at the necro place in neriak when I was farming for dark elf ornaments it is sad how the game has become in the sense that they don't enforce their own rules. The wrist slaps should be stopped and things like how I have to peition just to make a surname should be enforced much more often.
  6. svann Augur

How about
    /hideplayers all
    /hideplayers none

Just like we can do with corpses.
  7. smash Augur

Why not reintroduce so that buff timers go Down Again in most of lobby/pok.

Make a new zone where people WHO wanna stay afk can be, make an exit to it from lobby/pok where people can go.