Dealing with jerk behavior

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raluden, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Rila Journeyman

Not necessarily... whenever I decide to tree illusion over all the vendors / bankers in the lobby, I load in my silver and bronze account chanters. I don't want to risk my gold account sub getting banned :)
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  2. Langya Augur

3. Mellifleur Pt. 2 New Member

OP sounds like he plays on Xegony / Druzzil ro
  4. Tharrg Augur

yeah... xegony.... even though its my home... I dont recommend it.....
  5. Raluden Elder

Povar.
  6. Falos Augur

I'm saving my unfiltered post about xegony for the day i retire from eq =D
  7. Sebbina Augur

The trick is to improve access to various NPC, Zone Lines etc. without the AFK folk being abused. One idea that may or may not be viable is that Characters that have not moved for "X" minutes float up into the air to a height greater then a mounted large size, it won't fix for a bazaar large buyer/seller over a small one, but, would do wonders at most bottlenecks. As to an auto illusion after some period of time of not moving in Lobby, PoK, Bazaar, that might also be workable. The auto DE appearance in 4th Gate after completing a certain task is an indication that there are possibilities that would allow most folk to adjust to a change.
  8. Draego Augur

Its a nice suggestion, however it still forces the players computer to render (draw) all those images, any option that does not eliminate graphics card rendering, still doesn't do anything about the lag issues related to rendering those players that are AFK.

Look at the option to hide all traders in the bazaar, this option is an optimization tool which frees each players computer graphic memory up, reduceing lag as a result.
  9. Lethandor_Cazic New Member

I wish there was a hide players option for the guild lobby. Annoying lag and people blocking all the archways making it suck to get to your guild hall.
  10. Sando New Member

afk more than 30mins in lobby , pok , pot will get kick'd to char select
    Elricvonclief and Sinestra like this.
  11. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Though i do agree with this statement as i have been there before, I think behavior of players reflects from the attitude of the player its being shed upon.
  12. Sebbina Augur

Kicking afk folk to character screen is not going to be acceptable, as there are many reasons to not attend on that character. Wanting fresh buffs, having family emergency, being a non participating character in a group or raid task for credit, etc. etc. While folk who are AFK in a place that I or you may not like, the effort should be made to find a way to reduce lag, door blocks, NPC blocks, and not to abuse the offender whether or not they intend to be a problem. Hide AFK, hide inactive 30 min, hide all not in group/raid/guild, a delayed levitation, a delayed apparent illusion, any option will have to be programmed, so ideas have to be presented for consideration as to what can be done - reasonably.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My fav solution to the problem has been turning everyone into shadow men. :)

Failing that being able to hide players the same as the Bazaar would be nice.
  14. Famka Elder

How about being able to zone in and out of the guildhall in PoK?
    Corpse summoner in PoK and maybe in the guildhall?
    Corpses left in the guildhall might be a problem, but they could pop out into the lobby in a certain spot maybe when the guildhall instance poofs.
  15. Vorthax Lorekeeper

Reason people stay on mounts in GL is so they can have that slot for their mount. If you fill up on buffs and aren't on your mount you then have to cancel one buff to get a open slot for the mount buff. Just my 2cp...................
  16. Melanippe Augur

17. Dre. Altoholic

have GL cast a 15min doom counter dispel every 20mins. Detrimental so you cant just buffblock it, fades with no dispel if you zone.

Also would like to see Franklin Teek moved, he is basically becoming lobby 2.0 in an even more annoying place - zone in to PoK from lobby or port and getting spammed with text and crowded out by the masses.
    Elricvonclief, Sinestra and Draego like this.
  18. Vorthax Lorekeeper

Agree with moving Mr. Teek.
    Draego likes this.
  19. Aanuvane Augur

I do like the idea of the GL being an "indoor zone" where mounts are not allowed. So what if you get too many buffs and then end up needing to click one off to use your mount when you return from AFK and leave the GL? At least that way you get to pick which buff you feel you need the least rather than being filled up by Talisman of the Wrulan, Guard of Druzzil, 5 versions of Blessing of XXX or other buffs that may not be needed and missing something more important to you because you were trying to save a space for your mount :) (I block almost everything that I don't think adds value to my hunting experience anyway, I'm just saying - if I didn't I'd rather pick when I wanted to use my mount rather than miss something because I already had my mount out anyway)
    smash likes this.
  20. Raluden Elder

For me the most annoying thing is the massing of mod rods. All it does is screw up your cursor.

Massing DMF/Eagle comes next. I don't like levi unless I need it.
    smash and Rila like this.