Dealing with jerk behavior

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raluden, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Raluden Elder

There has got to be some solutions to the behavior we see in the game in non-combat zones. I can think of some solutions but not others.

There is no reason for people to use mounts in the GL. None. But those monstrosities take up room and black the narrow passes. Please, SOE, disable mounts in the GL

People are constantly zoning into the GL and then AFKing. I see toons left at the entrance for hours. It's especially annoying when it's a fatty toon. Time to introduce telefragging. Quake players will get that reference. Although really, the GL needs a massive redesign.

Players surround and often block Dogle Pitt, the halfling banker in the POK small bank. It's not uncommon to not see him at all. Make him a barb or something big.

Ditto the parcel vendor, who is a gnome. People park right on top of him. More than one vendor, and with a large model, could fix this.

Another obnoxious stunt is to make an ogre mule and park it on top of small players in the bazaar. The baz needs an overhaul in the worst way to begin with, but this needs to stop. The easiest solution would be when you go into banker mode, your model changes. That would put an end to ogre mules.

Yes, I am on a server with real winners. If I had a guide account I'd be zapping them like bugs in summer time. It really is time to make some people behave themselves in this game.
  2. Randragon Augur

With regards to the bazaar....hide all the sellers and then when you click on the one you need in the Bazaar Window, only that seller pops into view.
    Rorce and Sinestra like this.
  3. Naugrin Augur

Unfortunately, we can't just train soe.
    Loratex likes this.
  4. Falos Augur

I always laugh when i see the lobby after servers come up from a patch and there are already people there soon after servers up with /afk up.

It's like they literally dropped everything they did and started full speed sprinting to the keyboard as soon as servers were supposed to come up just so they could log into EQ and afk for buffs in a game that they quite clearly do not even actually 'play'
  5. Moklianne Augur

One solution to people crowding NPC's is to have a time out of say 5 minutes and then a gflux type effect that affects only the PC's that timed out. You could change the NPC to be an ogre and he could have an emote where he slams the ground saying something like "I only want gud beyers!"
  6. Fendy Augur

Zone into the lobby and automatically have the illusion 'shadowman' cast on you. No more lag. In the bazaar have the command /trader and /barter also trigger the illusion 'stickman'. The model already exists. It was used one on April 1st several years ago.
  7. Tharrg Augur

Hey... just be thankfull that you didnt have to deal with the Tree illusion Griefing that was done all the time back in the day. Having people lock up city gates and or locking out dungeons and zone lines was frustrating... and yet.. funny.
    Rila likes this.
  8. Axxius Augur

You can hide traders in bazaar. Allow the same feature to hide AFK people. And I mean not just the ones with /AFK flag on, but those who have been idle for, say 5 minutes.
    Draego likes this.
  9. Draego Augur

While I agree in general, 5 minutes may be a bit extreme, say 15 and then definitely.

I say this on the side of people who would use this to cause grief in other ways......I can just see the following scenario....

Oh this persons has been inactive for this long (5 mins) let me hide them so I can tromp right in and take where they are at. For all we know person could have had to deal with answering the door, receiving a package or dealing with some in home minor emergency or what not.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. Tharrg Augur

NO BIO for you! But seriously.. yeah 5min's is a little insane. I agree 15minutes is better
    Draego likes this.
  11. Draego Augur

Supporting Raludens OP comments I started a similar thread especially concerning Lag reduction ideas back in October.

12. Tharrg Augur

But that would mean no Buffs for pets and mercs.. That would not fly to well and aggrivate more people than the lag does.
  13. Stickietoes Augur

I KNOW RIGHT!, it is probably the people that go and complain for hours that servers are down. Then just go and AFK in lobby, cracks me up everytime!.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Tharrg Augur

ITs the new way of playing. You afk and wait for task adds etc.. or buffs for your mercs/pets and 10boxes so you can get that precious exp. There is very little community left in Everquest, not like it use to be. Heck I miss the beggers and newbs from back in the day at Kelethin and EC tunnels.... at least they tried to interact with you.
    Can1 likes this.
  15. Melanippe Augur

It only took three days for this topic to again appear in the forums. That is a new record. :rolleyes:
    Vorthax likes this.
  16. Langya Augur

Jerks are paying customers. You won't see any solutions any time soon, if ever.
    Sinestra and Tharrg like this.
  17. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Let us define the time! Let us define filters! (Defining our own filters would be infinitely easier...)
  18. Kaneras Augur

That ain't nothing. I remember when Freeport was the only place to buy and sell, shaman used to turn to bear form and block the door to the bank.
  19. Raluden Elder

I see. So payment entitles people to behave in a rude manner toward everyone else? So let's train people for their camps while we're at it, since we're paying customers, too.

Oh, and if it wasn't obvious in my original quote:

"But those monstrosities take up room and black the narrow passes."

black = block. They BLOCK the passes.
  20. Langya Augur

I am not condoning anything. I am just stating the obvious that most everyone knows to be true anyway. Jerks tend to ride that grey area that bounds "against the rules/not against the rules" which tends to be highly subjective and hard to prove. Training is blatantly against the rules and even blatant rule breakages don't get much more than a wrist slap anyway. During Underfoot there was at least one guild that got caught with their hands in the cookie jar, straight up busted cheating/exploiting and it was all a big public blow up. In the end they got a wrist slap. The rules favor the rule breakers in that the due process and burden of proof is more cumbersome than just letting it all slide.

Rules are not enforced and even if they are, the sentences are token at best. Plain and simple, SoE would rather impress upon the players that there is no lifeguard on duty/proceed at your own risk while saving subs than enforcement of rules while running the risk of bad PR if they ban someone who was innocent. Plus, policing the game requires the attention of real people who need to be paid. SoE realizes that they can get away with not paying people, not policing up the game and customers will still log on their subs and play EQ anyway. They might come here to complain, but they still fork over their cash. If that is sustainable...who knows. Sony upper management probably doesn't care as long is they are making their numbers.