Cya Everquest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elemental, Apr 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If I received a dollar every time a bot crew was on Morwenna, I would have at least $365.
  2. Vikrsa New Member

Or every time Bentio trolled posts to complain about bots.
    Fenthen, Prothion, yukan and 3 others like this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Forum posts are the most effort bot crews have put into the game.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Or Tom focuses on enjoying his primary character while interacting minimally with his boxes until someone LFG replaces the mercs and a box.

I am not naive. I have broader perspective. You tout about misinformation while spreading it due to your bias. There's more to the conversation than the narrow view you keep offering.

I have suggested a client side bot would monitor keystrokes from the main they are assisting. It wouldn't allow AFK play. It would simply go passive if the primary wasn't being driven. They wouldn't pull. A PC would have to pull. Cuts into that Netflix time. They'd be mercs that cost $15/mo instead fo 1200p/hr.

Right now I ENC with MAG/CLR. I pull to my WAR/ROG/CLR mercs and they go to work. Mercs as they exist in the game now ARE BOTS. I hit one key and my mage assists, malos and sends in the pet. At that point, my tank, DPS, healer and offtank are being fully automated by the server. So we hate botting because it's cheating because it's not the right kind of botting?

One key cycles nukes on pauses on my mage. Adding box support so I don't have to hit assist/malo/pet and then nuke/nuke/RS/nuke on a perpetual loop is not exactly game breaking. Perhaps some extra reflection on how unengaging some classes are is in order.

I'm not AFK watching netflix. I am fully enjoying my ENC. I'm not LFG and I'm not bored because I'm in another SK/CLR group that doesn't want me to pull, CC or charm.

A client based bot would address your concerns because what it can and can not do would prevent meaningful abuse or disruptive plugins. People are turning to 3rd party options because there is no 1st/2nd party option.

Can also just give us extra mercs. Get rid of balance/burn and make Burn a Burn call. Defensive discing on tanks, burn DPS on DPS mercs. All the same to me. 1200pp/hr is more affordable than $15/mo anyway.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

So are you automating or not? Are you talking about ISB only? Is your point is strictly concerned with key broadcasting?

Stop with the obfuscation.

You are trying to play the "good guy" (ostensibly to guide Darkpaw to accept your not-so nuanced view) but your pro-cheat sympathies are now showing when confronted by indisputable points of fact.
  6. MacDubh TABLES!!!

You have to give it up. There is some good back and fourth discussion happening on these boards then you come in with your holier than thou anti-3rd party bias.

It sounds like my mom lecturing me on smoking weed when I was a teenager when I knew she had never done a drug in her life...
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am asking Vumad if his sympathies are limited to key broadcasting and ISB. Let him answer.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

You're still on 3rd party programs? That's like, so 5 replies ago, bro.

Alt+tab. Hit hotkey on mage. Alt + tab back. 30 seconds later, mage sends me a tell that her nuke hotkey is done, I alt tab and hotkey again.

No 3rd party needed. Any use of ISB is just takes it from alt+tab to a window click / pass through.

It's a mage. There's no magic in it. I prefer the fire lines.

I'm not obfuscating anything. I'm also not... You are trying to play the "good guy" (ostensibly to guide Darkpaw to accept your not-so nuanced view) but your pro-cheat sympathies are now showing when confronted by indisputable points of fact. Whatever you are rambling about here.

I'm asking for the EQ client to allow my mage to complete mundane tasks. It's not cheating. I'm not supporting 3rd parties. I'm not doing any of the things you are accusing me of.

Let me spell it out...

I want to pay an extra $5/mo to DPG for the ability to click hotkeys on my ENC window that makes my mage do stuff. Ideally, I would like my mage to just do that super mundane stuff without me having to do it just like my rogue merc does. In a perfect world, I would like the EQ client to allow picture in picture while using this system. Edit: I want this so I can immediately start playing while focusing completely on my ENC until people stagger in to replace my mercs and eventually boxes.

I'm not supporting 3rd parties or cheating. I want EQ to implement boxing support tools in a way that minimizes the ability to abuse them and helps prevent other people from turning to outside tools which have a bunch of ways to cheat.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Glad you made it clear that you only play with ALT+TAB.

We have you on the record as opposing 3rd party software.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Sorry man, Vumad plays with Alt+Tab and opposes 3rd party software and cheating.

He's not in your corner.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

I would like to thank the court stenographer their efforts in maintaining the permanent record.

I actually didn't do either of those things though, lol.
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You said the following:

13. MacDubh TABLES!!!

I honestly can't believe I am replying to this, I am still not sure if you are serious or just trolling.

I couldn't care less about who is in what camp, or what is or isn't cheating. None of that really matters.
    I just hope that some of the valuable input that is coming from these posts is making its way to DPG so they can make an informed decision on how they are going to proceed with the future of the game.
    Fenthen and Bakko like this.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

You're not as good at this as you think you are.

Has been fun.
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Vumad does not support 3rd party software and cheating as a self-proclaimed "moderate." Vumad even condemns 3rd party software and cheating and admits only to Alt+Tab play in Post 208. Then that is huge coup for the anti-cheat side!
  16. Go Take A Nap Augur

This absolutely can and has happened. Speaking from experience as Ive been suspended for playing with Mercs and accused of cheating. I came back to the game to mess around on live on was mostly naked double box using a tank merc and healer merc to help me level.Since my bard didnt move much and my mage stood and cast without much participation it looks automated.

Its not as easy as you think to police the game. Mistakes are made and they rely heavily on player reports , which often times include anecdotal evidence. I find the system clunky: "if a GM messages you and you dont respond your a bot". Big yikes. Way to much human involvement in the system and it seems the current automatic system is including programs that were previously allowed.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Go Take A Nap Augur

So you want to Play WoW. Sorry, no easy mode buttons in EQ for you.
  18. Vumad Cape Wearer

Didn't condemn. You added that. Didn't say only. You added that.

Don't use my name in the way you are using it. Quote post 208. Don't change what I said and then say Vumad said it.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Your words are clear:

I get it. You want to appeal to the pro-cheat side for some reason.

But it is clear that you limit your play to Alt+Tab and "not supporting 3rd parties or cheating."
  20. Cicelee Augur

While I do think 'some" boxers would invite a LFG player, I do think you are naive as to how many would. Very few would invite someone who has a chance to take valuable loot drops, or may disrupt the flow and routine of the boxer.

Most boxers do so so that they can accomplish things in game and be rewarded with the prize. And the better at boxing you become through automation, the more you realize you don't need others to help- you can have all the rewards to yourself.

That is one legit issue with automation. It allows you to be better to an extent that you don't need anyone. I alt Tab my two accounts, and believe me (especially when I go monk/bard) having automation would make things far more easier and far more effective than alt Tab...
    Skuz and Benito like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.