CrossGuard Recruiting for new Phinny Server (CASUAL!)EST PM

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Kridina, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Kridina Elder

Update: Novemeber 28, 2016

Crossguard is always looking for like minded people that like to play (and also raid!) on a set schedule (Tues, Thurs, Sat EST evenings) that can be relaxed enough for those learning content while still being reliable.

CrossGuard was created to encourage reasonable, but well organized, game-play that should not infringe upon one's ability to live, work, and take care of family and/or other life's obligations.

With that being said, We are not here to just give you a handout. We help those who not only help themselves, but are willing to help others. We are a team! More then that, we should be working together enough that we become friends and those who encourage one another in positive ways.

Reminder: We are not hardcore! There are plenty of other active guilds that can fit that play-style. We are a multigaming guild that looks to community. We are not here to be #1, but we still get things done

Casual/Mid Core=No Bat phones. We are very active.
    If you are looking for regular instanced raid times 3 nights a week with an aim towards maintaining a friendly atmosphere on the TLP server, Phinney, CrossGuard just may be what you are looking for!

No, we will NOT use bat phones! We are a dedicated group having fun and living our lives at the same time.

Our times on Phinigel are all EST: Tues (8p-11p), Thurs (8p-11p) and Sats (7p-11p) with members on all hours of the day both in game and on Discord.

We are still maintaining a casual guild mindset overall, so if you can make at least 2 of the 3 set nights you are more than welcome to join our raid team. Raid attendance is NOT mandatory to be a member of CrossGuard, but we do ask you be reliable if you join as a raider. If you say you can do it, then do it. Even if you are NOT interested in raiding (for whatever reason) and plan on being active in other ways (Such as grouping and/or tradeskills) we will still have room for you!

Raid on another server? No problem.
    Raid in a different game? No matter.
    No really wanting to raid? Not a problem!
    Prefer to spend your time crafting? The more the merrier!

Know Nothing about EQ or Progression servers? Maybe it's just been a decade or two! No problem we will teach you!

All we ask is you are decently active, friendly, and willing to work with others.

Message the following for more information: (Updated: 3/8/16)
    Coilie (Guild Leader-Wizard) alt is: Coily
    Eckses (Raid Leader)
    Ruez (General-Enchanter)
    Aetherfox (General-Necromancer)
    Kalairo(PR and BS detector)
    Solauria(PR and BS Detector)

If after reading the above and/or talking with an Officer you would like to join, please hit my signature and read over out website. Still like it? Submit and application! It will be after that you will be invited to our Discord.
    Nostra, Ecksesive, ElaidaTL and 3 others like this.
  2. Minor Mayhem New Member

This would be where I would want to play were I able. Unfortunately being in Australia the regular times at which you meet are early morning for me and fit into a part of the day where I just don't have time to play. I hope you can garner plenty of members for your new venture as you are a great bunch of people who are fun and friendly to all. I'll see you guys on those odd occasions that our play times actually coincide :)
    Kridina likes this.
  3. Uyena New Member

For those who play 'Day Time' Eastern US time: We will be working on building up our Day Time players also. Coily/Tirtzit has assigned a 'dedicated' Day Timer Assistant to this task, this person being known as Vanilae (Mage on Ragefire) and on the Tunare Server: as Uyena (Mage) and Dhianna (Cleric). As I am sure other 'Day Timers' realize, it can be hard to find folks to group with during about 9AM and 5PM Eastern (2PM-10PM 'UTC/GMT' or so?). We are expecting this to be a much appreciated time slot for many on Mondays through Saturdays. Message any of the mentioned names in game (or post here, of course) for updates and more details as time comes closer to Phinney Live;) oooo.
    Kridina likes this.
  4. Minor Mayhem New Member

Hey Uyena, glad to see you are going to be running a Daytime group, this may give me a chance to join in with you guys a bit. Now all I need is for my desktop computer to be fixed in time to get in at the start.
    Uyena and Kridina like this.
  5. Nostra Lorekeeper

Pre-Forming on Ragefire If you guys want to socialize. So if you can play on Tues/Thurs/Sat's Est nights with some regularly & of good moral character we want to hear from you =-0)
    Kridina likes this.
  6. AxanBearClaw Journeyman

Hey guys! This daytime group sounds like a fantastic idea. I play mostly between 1-5pm most days as I work most of the morning and occasionally evenings. Don't play too much on the weekends due to other commitments! I'd definitely be interested in the guild though - I haven't played seriously since LDON but I'm not too out of touch!

Cheers,

Tim
  7. Kridina Elder

Getting some wonderful people joining us. I am pleased at the quality of people we are attracting. I'd like to point out Nostrad has really been terrific in helping get the word out!

Happy Turkey Day, by the way!

-Coily
    GM of CrossGuard
  8. Xclen Journeyman

Yo,

Me and my friend Feydie will be coming back to the game for this new "promised land". We both played on Botfire and of course became frustrated trying to snag any PoF/PoH/PoS mobs we could before the zergers. We, like most of you, are praying that on this server they will actually strictly enforce what they are saying the rules will be for botting/boxing, so we can have that fun EQ experience we so fondly remember.

Anyway we will probably play a War/Cleric combo or we might just do cleric/cleric. We are unsure as of yet, we are both extremely good and have raided with the best.

She is very quiet and reserved, while I talk non stop. Anyway this will be the type of guild we are looking for, as we both have jobs and lives etc. So we need one that can let us have some flexibility. We will most likely be at all thee raids but, just in case.
    Kridina likes this.
  9. Nostra Lorekeeper

I know exactly how you feel Xclen hopefully it will run a lot smoother this time around & DBG actually enforces their own stated rules this time, We'd love to have you and your friend join with us
  10. Xclen Journeyman

Hey all,

Just to let everyone know, I have been hanging out with these guys for a little while now, they are pretty relaxed and friendly. I am going to hang around a while and get to know them some more and see where it leads.
    Kridina likes this.
  11. Kridina Elder

12. Kridina Elder

As posted on our guild website:
    This Guild is not a Monarchy. Decisions are based on the input of active guild members. While one person (not a guildie) mentioned loot council, it seems to be a general consensus we will be going some form of DKP.

Please understand we will also have to keep the best interests of the guild members in mind at the same time. If the tanks are undergeared and we are wiping as a result, it makes sense to get them better geared.

This means there will be times we must be flexible, but in general we really want to reward those who have contributed their time and effort to the guild over someone who does not participate as much. If you have a problem with this concept, this will not be the guild for you.

Please stay tuned for a DKP system that will be presented and discussed openly for tweaking.

-Coily
    Nostra likes this.
  13. Ecksesive Journeyman

**NOTE** You will probably hear this a lot from those recruiting as an incentive, but we really ARE working on enough solid people for the 4th party for raiding to begin being built. So, if you are on the sidelines...do not wait and watch TOO long!
    Nostra and Kridina like this.
  14. Ruez New Member

15. Gonthap New Member

I really enjoyed the other night when we all made new level 1 toons and cryed about the run and dieing . its going to be a lot of fun starting from scratch again with new people and level on the new sever
    Kridina likes this.
  16. Kridina Elder

There seems to be a little confusing on my use of the word "Casual" in the title of this thread.

To help clarify: We are casual only on Progression servers in comparison to guilds that use batphones etc to get to open world raid targets. Ironically, we would be considered hard core in a game like WOW because of our set activity. We have strong raiders that are no longer in a position to utilize batphones and instanced raiding helps us meet the desire to see more end game content.

We also simply like playing together and wont be rushing (as a guild) to max level in only a week. We are going to try and bit a bit more relaxed about it to help accommodate those with jobs and families.

Does this mean we wont want our core people to be max level before the 90 days are up for each upcoming expansion release? Um..we want to raid :) So, yes you really will need to work a bit and be consistent if you want to raid on our schedule.

Does this mean those who just want to work on tradeskills or just play when they feel like it wont have a place with us? They will be more then welcome and will find plenty to party up with as well.

Hope this helps clarify the difference between what I consider a hard core raiding guild and a casual raiding guild in regards to EQ progression servers.
  17. quizwhiz New Member

bump for these guys. Good folks.
  18. Ecksesive Journeyman

Hey quiz,

Thanks for the bump, and welcome to the guild btw! We are still looking for quality members who want to have a great experience on the new server. Hit us up and get to know us.

http://crossguardguild.com/
    Kridina likes this.
  19. xilshale New Member

Great bunch of people sofar, looks good )
    Kridina likes this.
  20. Kridina Elder

Thanks! We are enjoying getting to know you and the other new recruits as well!