CrossGuard Recruiting for new Phinny Server (CASUAL!)EST PM

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Kridina, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Kridina Elder

Please, just click on my signature and view out website :)

To answer your questions, though:

We are definitely open to casual players, especially if they are going to be active. we;ve even set up a system that helps the casual player earn DKP currency in our guild so they have the opportunity to gain items they might not otherwise have access to as a more casual player.

Regarding a 2nd raid team. It's been brought up. We can certainly see it as a possibility. We do, however, want to be sure everything is set and figured out for the initial raid team. also, we have plenty of players on at all hours of the day that enjoy 2-boxing. CrossGuard is not against anyone who chooses to 2, 3, or more boxing so long as it's done according to the rules AND the spirit of the server.

Players that are trying to get around limits and are nit picking the rules DBG has put forth are not players we want in our guild. There simply are more then enough of us to play with. Why join a guild if you are boxing your own full party and/or army? (This is a general statement and not aimed at you!)

The reason I bring up 2-boxing and the like is that this leaves us with another set of accounts that could raid without locking out their mains should they reach the point they want to and there is no room on the 1st team build. Still, we have to think of...who will run it.? Who will track it? How do we prevent "Team A" and "Team B" from being at odds with one another? i've seen it happen (and other guildies point it out as well) that it's not that uncommon for there to be an imbalance in a guild with 2 raid teams. One is always having an easier time of it than the other.

Will this be the case in CrossGuard? Well, all we can do is wait and see how things go on this new server. In general, we have recruited like minded and friendly people who are not in it just for themselves. They like helping one another and are unlikely to think one team would be better than the other. Time will tell!

In closing, we know people come and go in any game. You will have some that stick for you for years and some that last a mere day. This means that spots will open on the raid team and you will have the opportunity to join us. Even if it's just every now and then you are available, we are trying to find ways to include casuals and those busy with real life with such opportunities when they are available to experience them.Again, click on my signature for the website. Read it over. Send us an app. we will be most happy to speak with you on TS!
  2. crash n'burn Journeyman

Will do. I will be starting with 1 character as I only have 1 pc up at this time. Reason I typically have a boxed char too is when can't fill a grp or if I'm doing something boring that ppl would not be interested in. But I always drop my box for a real player.
    Will drop my app now looking forward to hearing from you :)
    Kridina likes this.
  3. Ecksesive Journeyman

Sounds good Crash, hope to see ya soon!
  4. Kridina Elder

OK, I am going nutty waiting! lol
  5. Kridina Elder

I have to say: Launch went really smooth! There were no server crashes. The XP seems slower then RageFire, but could be coincidence? Having lots of fun with my fellow guildies!
  6. Kridina Elder

Notes from our wall:

Greetings fellow CrossGuardians!

I know many of you have noticed the XP is different on Phinigel than it was on both RageFire and LockJaw. Some of you might even be worried you are not going to be able to keep up with the bulk of the guild. I want to REASSURE you that everyone should play at the rate they are able to and are comfortable with. Yes, we will have some people way ahead of the curve. we will have some well below it. The bulk will be at various levels.

I've been watching what levels people are at various points of each day this launch week. So far we've had quite a few that could easily group up together no matter their level. There are not just *ONE* in the Level 5 range. There is not just *ONE* in the Level 25 range. There are groups of people in each of the level ranges they happen to be on at the time. The biggest challenge is not if you can keep up with the guild since we have more then enough at the various level stages. The challenge is trying to meet up together in the early days because travel is slower in Norath when a server is this fresh.

I do not want those who have to work or could not take days off in order to Burn, Burn, Burn through levels to try and stay at the top at the expense of your sanity and "Real Life". The guild will still be here and we are not going to leave you behind. Please keep in mind CrossGuard might have a lot of hard core MINDED players, but most of them are in exactly same position as you are. They have jobs, families, and obligations. They want to play EverQuest, have fun, and accomplish something together. I already know those that can rush to the stop are very willing to reach back down and lend a helping hand to those who have less time.

Keep in mind you have at least six weeks before we were even planning on raiding. If we need to adjust the time to fit the needs of the guild, we shall. No one needs to feel they should give up or that they are holding us back. You just need to get about 8 levels per week on average to be ready in 6 weeks. If you can do it faster, that is fine. if you barely make it in time, that is fine. If a large percent of people struggle with it too much, we are more then willing to look at the initial goal and tweak it to match the circumstances.

I want everyone to continue "Business as usual" in their real lives and to give EverQuest their FREE time. If you are going to be the sort that once you hit max level, you are consistently available to raid Tues/Thurs 8p-11p EST and Sat 7p-11p EST you will find a place here. It won't matter if you took longer than the "Top Guy". What matters is you got there and you did your best.

We are a team. we are CrossGuard. We love our families and we love EQ. No reason to give up one for the other. EQ will still be here after you've done what you've needed to do to secure your well being and happiness outside the game.
  7. Weverley Augur

I have to say i have been in this guild for 2 days and i feel like i'm with family and friends.Wonderful time even though xp a bit slow lol.
  8. Kridina Elder

Well, we are enjoying your presence as well! :)
  9. Ruez New Member

I remember comparing all the MMOs I've played to EQ and people saying it's just nostalgia and I wouldn't really like playing EQ now-a-days... they were wrong!

Of course having this great group to play with surely makes all the difference.
    Kridina likes this.
  10. Kridina Elder

Update: Applicants that do not join us in TS are declined after 7 days.

If your concern has anything to do with the XP changed on Phinigel, grouping with people really helps mitigate this. CrossGuard is happy to group with one another! We have such a blast on TS.

We have some that seem to live and breath Phinigel right now. We have some that are only on after work in the evenings. We have some that works takes them away for a week at a time. We even have a great 'Morning Crew'. We accept all walks of life. If you stay in touch and keep us informed, we are happy to work with you. We try our very best to keep our records updated. Not easy when we have some wanting to try a new class or had to go with a different name!

Still, it's so much fun together. Love you guys!
    crash n'burn likes this.
  11. Jadefox Augur

Definitely enjoying my time in this guild.
    Maybe the XP gain is slower, but the fun increase is almost inverse.
    And that's due to the people that I've grouped with.
    Kudos, CG, for making grinding fun again :)

--Jade
    <Crossguard>
    Kridina likes this.
  12. sharpdressedman New Member

This sounds like it would be great. I am uncertain tho exactly what this is like for character development. Are all the potential members starting at L1? Or do you transfer your current char to the server? Both?
  13. Jadefox Augur

Don't think anyone is allowed to transfer to Phinny at all, yet.
    The server launch was last week, so we all started at level 1, and currently we range from the singles to the forties, though the larger part of the bell ranges from the mid teens to late twenties.

-- Jade +/- 5%
    Kridina likes this.
  14. Kridina Elder

Jade is right. No transfers at this time since the server is only a week old. Launch was very smooth. I have to give kudos to DB for accomplishing that!

Yes, the XP is slower then on other TLP servers, but with no hell levels, I foresee when Kunark goes live, those 10 more levels wont take near as long as the first 50 did for the first era (TLP 'Classic'). So, get through this initial 12 weeks, be active, and you will have no problem experience various content.

We get new people everyday, many of which just rolled up their toon and are starting at level 1. If we see a new member is actively playing, we try to help them in various ways. While we can not power level up anyone because it is such a fresh server, grouping is very active in our guild. Those higher up frequently pass gear to those they notice are making a real effort to be a part of us. This is not necessarily due to how fast they level. Just the fact they are a team player and reaching out to others etc.

If you are the sort that can persevere through the first few levels, you will probably find yourself snatched up for a group when you get within range :) We may not give out handouts, but we certainly try to give a handup to those who are making a sincere effort. If this sounds like a group you want to align yourself out, just click my signature and see our website. Still like what you see? Hit the recruitment tab and apply. We take in those who want to raid on a set schedule and we take those that only want to mess with tradeskills. While we have more of the raider genre, we all enjoy one another's company on Team Speak. So, voice is a MUST because that is the personality of out guildies. VERY social :)
  15. sharpdressedman New Member

I am having trouble completing the app. Seems that somehow I am connected to Enjin and cant submit the app. I don't know where that connection came from but over many years I have created accounts as requested by sites and often have this kinda thing. I have only one email account so I am stuck. Any suggestions on how to submit the app or apply another way greatly appreciated!
  16. Weverley Augur

Samething happen to me when i join that wonderful guild.There's a place to click to get an email to reset your password click on it and u should get an email from enjin.Just need to click the link on the email and u can change.I do hope it's not an email that u don't use anymore though.
    Kridina likes this.
  17. Kridina Elder

Not sure if you got it, but I did send you a private message here on the forums yesterday hoping to help you!
  18. Kruggan New Member

I joined Crossguard as Phinny opened on my shaman (Grimm) and I must say that thus far it's everything I was looking forward to - a great bunch of mature people who play the game well. Team players all.

If you're looking for a solid, casual raiding guild with people that have your back - look no further.
    Kridina likes this.
  19. Detcidda New Member

Filled out the app but cannot find the ts pw?
  20. Kridina Elder

What name did you app under?

NVM, I found your app. And the TS info with the password is in my first reply I sent to you Wednesday :)