Info Needed CPU 100 Percent Post Patch

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SeriousBusiness, May 18, 2023.

1. SeriousBusiness New Member

Line 10: 1 character. Worked fine before the patch, no issues.
    Patched occurred. Character select rotation is super slow. Logged in. It is like running underwater and sliding on ice at the same time. Like the lag pile is everywhere.
    My CPU is running hot at 100 percent. Task Manager shows the CPU consumption coming from EQ. I run with the minimum graphics, low particles, sky turned off, no grass, no shading etc.
    Logged out. Repatched. Rebooted. Closed anything else that runs at startup on this PC. Tried logging in again. Same issue.
    /Goto Line 10
    Please halp :eek:
  2. SeriousBusiness New Member

No one else? That seems really odd to me. The best way to tell if the CPU is running hot is at the character select screen. Try to manually rotate the character. It barely rotates. This same behavior was nice and smooth 'normal' before the patch.
  3. Dewd Master

Yes I have also noticed higher than normal CPU use since the patch.
  4. fortuneteller Augur

The thing is, when all windows are converted, how will the performance be then, i am afraid of that
  5. Ravanta Suffer Augur

No issues at all here.
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

I noticed it up to 1.3Gb on both accounts the other day. Im used to seeing it at about 1Gb.
    edit: ooops, memory

edit2: Try this: open taskmanager. You can do that by right clicking the task bar and choosing task manager. You can see how much % eq is using there, or if its something else using cpu.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

At Character Select:

CPU: eqgame.exe 5.3%
    Memory: 900.5 MB
    GPU: 65.5%

Logged into The Bazaar:

CPU: 15.0%
    Memory: 1,336.3 MB
    GPU 91.9%

Perhaps you could tell us the CPU and Memory amount and GPU you have?
  8. Sycloniss Journeyman

Before patch I was 3-5% cpu useage on each account now I am 10-15%. I just ordered more ram I am hoping that helps.
  9. Ashigaru Augur

Similar sort of issue here - CPU utilisation has massively increased. Zoning times have similarly increased
  10. Hekaton Augur

yeah since patch my computer has been getting stupidly hot.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Is anyone even looking at this?

Same here, has been using way more since the patch and its getting worse. Bringing up task manager clearly shows EQgame is the hog. I can no longer log in and play 4 accounts without a bunch of non responsive characters.

Did anyone ever think there might be a connection between the white screen, stuttering, flashing could be related to this? That it is sucking memory away from older graphic cards making them glitch.

When patches in the past have caused this it was soon ironed out. Not so soon now it looks like. Just another thing making the game not worth playing. Chat has gone down to half on our server. Good indication the game is losing players. Not withstanding summer time, vacations, just came off double exp, etc etc etc
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

<Insert mom joke here>
  13. Ashigaru Augur

Tried the fix to revert to old UI - removed the problem with inventory window always on top.

However, CPU utilisation is still at 100%. Only thing that has changed to cause this is the patch. Any progress on this?
    CatsPaws likes this.
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

Thats gotta be total cpu usage. What does taskmanager say your eq client is using? Mine is measuring 41% on a 7 year old cpu (i5-6500). Higher than what Im used to but not omg 100% high. Getting an upgrade in a couple days; Ill check it again when I get that sorted out.

edit: that 41% was measured just after logging in and might be why it was high. A few minutes later and its down to about 25% which is what Im used to seeing.
  15. Monkeychunks Augur

When you bring up task manager it automatically shows high usage as that is the task manager itself loading all the figures. Once it has all the data loaded then it drops.
  16. JasonS_EQ New Member

I am in the same boat. Admittedly I run 12 accounts on a fairly low pop server, no judgement please, but prior to patch I rarely hit 50% CPU and post-patch I am constantly red-lining at 100%. I am cancelling my additional 6 accounts and will only be doing 6 until DPG can get this fixed.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

True, but Im talking about the line item for eq itself. Which is also part of the point I was making. The total cpu usage isnt the important part - he needs to look at just the eq cpu usage.
  18. Ashigaru Augur

I run 6 instances of EQ. With characters at select screen each instance takes approx 7%. When loading and playing that jumps to approx 15%, which with background processes takes me to 100% CPU utilisation.

Before patch it used to be 3% at select screen and 5% when playing
    CatsPaws likes this.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

How strange our totally different computer/set ups/internet connections do the same thing - makes me want to put on my tin foil hat. I also get those same figures within a point or two, loading and playing.

The only common factor is Everquest and the recent patch.
    Ashigaru likes this.
  20. Salben Journeyman

Has been an issue with many folks, myself included. I used to be able to zone my toons all at once no problem. Now when I do my cpu maxes out and sometimes my pc locks up. So I have to stop at zone lines and run them through one at a time. Been a few posts about this but the devs refuse to acknowledge it, so my guess is they just don’t care. Once they port all the windows I’m guessing the game will be unplayable for those that can’t afford more up to date computers.