Constant Client Crash as Server Select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by faya, May 16, 2018.

1. Numzan Augur

GOT It!!!!

I reworked directory after directory.... Its in the Cache directory.

1. Launchpad.libs\launchpad.cache\ I deleted all files in here.
    2. Reloaded Launchpad and it applied the cookies directory and visited links
    3. Went into the game ok, and exit the game ok.

So use the launcherpad.exe instead of the everquest.exe for now and clear all the launcher cache libs out.

Will login and logout a few times to confirm it isnt still in the exe or dll files.
    Tininea likes this.
  2. Numzan Augur

Yup that is the fix i was looking for..... Now it is entering the game, and exiting out of the game perfectly now under windows 7

Follow steps above. Windows 7
    1. Launchpad.libs\launchpad.cache\DEL all files
    2. Reloaded with Launchpad.exe
    3. Volla game fix for windows 7.

Have to keep clearing it out i noticed.

Works the same for windows 10

Bingo Fixed for me.. hope this helps others.
    Tininea likes this.
  3. Numzan Augur

I am going to make a bat file to work for me. but that's a temp fix for the devs to look into. I hope they see this.

I have to run a batch file every time i log in and not sure during the game time. I will work with that, but the cache folder whatever is writing to it each time, is not displaying the server selection, to character inside the cache directory. Whatever is writing to it.

I really hope this gets bumped to the devs asap for a fix.
    Tininea likes this.
  4. Numzan Augur

How i know this is working? i dont have EQ installed it is ran by a folder. Has worked for over 18 years without any issues. So if it was anything inside windows we would know by my tests.
    Tininea likes this.
  5. Numzan Augur

It still can happen, i submitted a ticket to the devs to go over this and find out why i have to clear the cache all the time, to be 75/25 or randomly working with no black screen something from the launcher is not communicating with us. By me flushing the cache it is freeing something up.
    Tininea likes this.
  6. WILC4T New Member

BUMP. Still happening for me, I have a second account that I am paying for and will not load up on my laptop. I am going to cancel the account if I cant get this resolved. No reason to have to manipulate files every time I log in.
  7. Tininea New Member

Ok, i still am unable to get into game, using the above work around ( many thanks Numzan for coming up with something), i have been able to get ingame once. Al;l other times i have tried it has still failed for me.

I've opened a support ticket in case there might be something that i have missed, but i'm not holding out much hope for a resolution any time soon.
  8. Rizzen New Member

The work around worked for a while and now that does not work for me anymore. Anyone have any other suggestions?
    Tininea likes this.
  9. WILC4T New Member

BUMP!! Still not working, the work around does not work any longer for me. This is not acceptable. I have been 2 weeks without being able to use my 2nd account. Please fix this, I dont want to cancel my accounts, but if I cant play, its not worth paying out $35 a month for both accounts.
  10. Numzan Augur

The work around is approx 50% true to work, the first login attempt. You have to flush the cache all the time but it is not full proof. It is almost like an IP block, embed into the launcher that seems to log in on Character selection only. So flush the above directory. If you cant get into the game at all? that maybe no related to this at all, and your files maybe different then the ones i am using. I have repatched many different files.

Also note they took some support away, so if your using specific hardware older then what is new today, it is possible yours is hardware related to the support changes of 2 patches ago.

Just saying this is for black screen at character selection, forcing you to CTRL + Del the cache launcher directory. It enables us to refresh all. Still it is not full proof work around btw... support ticket so they can fix it... your issue is as important as my ticket.

Just saying.
  11. Numzan Augur

I just reviewed my support ticket for the account and not 1 of you guys apparently have this issue at support. You really need to express this issue if you have any problems logging into character selection with a black screen. Temp fixes wont work forever. It is up to you guys to report this to support and create a ticket to help bump this up. I am not working for these people, i was merly ticked i have had to figure something temp for this. I should not have to go and figure it out and i am not about to reverse engineer this exe or dll files to find the problem.
  12. WILC4T New Member

Done, Support Ticket has been filed and references this thread.
    Thanks for your help
  13. ChrisD New Member

Every time I try to log into EQ it crashes. I've tried deleting all the files in the cache directory but it still won't work. Is anyone doing anything about this. I haven't been able to log on for about 2 weeks
  14. Theo Journeyman

had this issue today (was fine yesterday), so ran the launcher validation. it found 5 issues with zone files. patched them and I was back in the game.
  15. Rizzen New Member

This is what they EQ had me do when I put in the ticket. It worked for me so some other program was messing with the game;

"I would like for you to try running a clean boot to help us narrow in on the issue. This will keep outside programs from interfering with the game.

To run a clean boot please follow the instructions in the link below:

How do I do a clean boot on my computer?
    "
  16. WILC4T New Member

What program was effecting it? and do you have to do this every time you want to play EQ now?
  17. WILC4T New Member

I think I have found the problem. This worked for me.
    right click on the EQ icon on desktop
    select properties
    Go to compatibility tab
    check the box that disables full screen optimizations
  18. Burkx New Member

THANK YOU! This worked for me as well.
  19. Numzan Augur

If i flushed the dir it works, but it wont exit the game to character select. It will still black screen ill work with the above method and see. Thx guys i had a feeling something was up there.
  20. Numzan Augur

Ok windows 7 pro testing Disable Display Scaling on High DPI settings and also set screen reso to 1600 because 1900 reso is not listed. Will mess around with this more.