Constant Client Crash as Server Select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by faya, May 16, 2018.

1. faya Lorekeeper

Since patch, when i log in and select any server from the list, my client immediately crashes. tried turning on and off window mode from client and issue persists. Please fix your stuff.
    Goner likes this.
  2. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

I'm having the same issue but I also realize that my computer/files/etc may be the issue and not just "fixing your stuff."

I'll ask more nicely because I'd love a resolution! Is anyone familiar with how to fix this?

I've tried the regular launchpad login, that patchme thing, full screen, windowed, pressing enter to log in, clicking to log in, etc. No dice, same crash dialogue box every time.

This did NOT happen to me right after the patch, because I was able to log in earlier today. Anyone know what might be going wrong?

Thanks!

-Deni
    Goner likes this.
  3. Fragile Journeyman

This is happening to me too, can't load past Server select without immediate crash.
  4. Fragile Journeyman

Seems like something to do with fullscreen / windowed?
  5. Elricvonclief Augur

Can't reach server select here, get a timeout.
  6. WinnyH New Member

Same for me, crashes every time =/
  7. faya Lorekeeper

lol. maybe you saw the new update that they were investigating server issues? so tell me again about local files? dumbarse.
  8. Krykatt Mousebane New Member

Any ETA on the Log-In Server being back online? Will my character in-game right now be rolled back if servers crash again? I'm tired of gearing my pet to lose it like last night ...
  9. faya Lorekeeper

You can edit Windowedmode=true or false in the eqclient.ini file. I tried that and toggled it both ways, didn't work. some of the cached server settings are also saved in a couple different files, eqls, replacing those didnt help either.
  10. faya Lorekeeper

behavior changed as well, i'm not getting client crashes, i just can't login. they'll prolly have it fixed in an hour or two.
  11. WinnyH New Member

Well.... its not crashing now. But my server select window is empty. >.<
  12. kpb1961 New Member

They're looking into " a potential issue" LOL. Your subscription dollars at work.
  13. faya Lorekeeper

Wow... ROFL! All the Servers are missing...

Please, tell me this again...
  14. FawnTemplar Augur

And I am in. Thanks Devs
    WinnyH likes this.
  15. faya Lorekeeper

and back to client crashing...
  16. WinnyH New Member

I was finally able to get in =)
  17. faya Lorekeeper

now yur just showin off ;)
  18. Burt New Member

Has anyone found a workaround for this? Definitely appears to be related to some type of resolution reset or toggle between fullscreen/windowed
  19. -Denizzen- Lorekeeper

Curious what makes you say this? I'm only asking because I tried the play button in both modes, same error.
  20. Burt New Member

was able to get in once on another computer using an oversized resolution. after resetting the resolution to the native size of that display i got the same error again. The occurence of the client crash corresponds to the same time where the client goes through a resolution setting phase before going to the typical load screen.