Considering making a new Aradune Progess.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wrightsvillain, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

I didn't realize DPG was creating such an official site.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

I'm not in TEQ. I'm also not "crying", but I don't think they should be removed because the site admin (or some other guild leadership) hates them. Did they clear xxx raid mob on yyy day and submit it ? Then put it on the leaderboard for the server.
  3. Ronluwen Elder

Pretty sure Michael Jordan was one of the most "toxic" people of all time. Should we take away his championships because he was a bit mean to people?
  4. Arrk Augur

The problem is people have an issue with the rules of the server... DPG made TLPs the wild west when they eliminated the PNP.

If something is against the rules DPG handles it... otherwise game on...
  5. Loman Sinidan

So the moderator has screenshots and logs of your conversation with him saying that was fine about removing the guild and you just wanted to code it. Also you stole the idea from him that he already started and he called you out on it so you know this is crazy. Yes you did remove him from the site and you are pretty bad at lying. And then you blocked him on discord which was well ehh to say the least.
  6. jeskola pheerie

That is one attitude to take, but not one that all share. Rules and laws don't have to be the only thing to control people's behavior. Society has many unwritten rules of social etiquette.
    Loman likes this.
  7. Galaras Lorekeeper

Sounds like you're saying to me that this moderator is a social justice warrior that has issues/drama with everyone around him and deems it his personal responsibility to right these injustices in whatever way he deems fit/able?
  8. Galaras Lorekeeper

It was a rude awakening for me when I came back to TLP's on Ragefire, but without PNP there's basically 3 major rules in Everquest that will get you suspended/banned.

1) Don't train people. Even pulling through groups that set up in front of you is highly risky and you're risking a GM or support misunderstanding what was happening.

2) Don't automate/play afk. Even things as simple as setting a macro for fishing or letting melody play unattended on a bard can get you suspended/banned if reported.

3) Don't curse/verbally abuse people.

Outside of these 3 pretty simple and enforceable rules pretty much anything goes as far as DPG is concerned. That's the reality whether you like it or not and that is how the game has been played for quite a while now.
    (yes I know that these are not always enforced as diligently as we would like, but the overall point stands)
  9. Galaras Lorekeeper

Regarding the Aradune progress site specifically, every single kill there has been earned. You can hate the way certain people play the game, but the kills are verifiable, have been repeated multiple times and DPG has not issued any sort of reprimand in response to how those kills were attained.

People hate the way James Harden plays basketball. He might flop quicker/faster/harder than any fish on dry land, but he still won the scoring championship and MVP of the NBA in 2018 because the fact of what he did regardless of how he did it was still valid.
  10. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

True words, but certainly ones that many feel is unfortunate. I would suggest there is major cause and effect with the toxicity of TLP servers (Aradune's problem isn't the first and won't be the last under the way things are currently governed) and that will continue unless something is done.

I find it puzzling that the daily need to monitor the forums and receive petitions is less work than it was enforcing previous rule sets, but it is what it is, and none of us have the actual data of how much person power each set of rules takes.
  11. Galaras Lorekeeper

For a very limited time on Lockjaw the GM's tried to actually enforce a guild rotation for raid targets (this was prior to AoC's so raid targets were highly contentious and the source of much drama, think Broken Golem situation but for every single raid mob you'd want to kill). As much drama as we feel we have here (and it was about the same prior to the "rotation") the amount of drama/issues that popped up when this was tried increased exponentially. Enforcing previous rulesets required 24/7 monitoring and observation of the game among other resources that I don't think DPG can afford or they've deemed doesn't make fiscal sense.
  12. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

Unfortunate, but it seems to ring true and is likely accurate.
  13. Gheed Is not reading your response

Antagonist was never asked to "vote" on removing any guild and we 100% would not share your view of removing guilds.

I am definitely curious to see who "all the guilds on the server" that voted were
    Galaras likes this.
  14. Dragnet Sleuth Elder

Probably pretty irrelevant at this point. The site coder has apparently taken back the site and has put the missing guilds back on.
  15. Loman Sinidan

No
  16. Talimat Elder

Ik so the guy who got this Aradune Progression started, asked publically for a site to pop up. Noone wanted to put in the time and effort to create one. So the owner/moderator messaged hundreds of people over months, linking a google doc, posting in general chat, official discord server chat. Every single guild was invited and not a single guild was refused to add their guild.

The owner had numerous guild who did not want to participate, and they were not made to feel bad. Owner had multiple guilds who wanted to participate until they saw certain dates, and chose not to be made fun of by hostile guilds. Again this was respected.

The creator of the new site was invited to participate by the owner who started this project. That individual who programs and now runs the website, stole the idea, and information from the owner , and put his name and guild on it to take full credit for something that was not his, nor did he have any right to.

Owner advised programmer he would let people know what he did. Not wanting his guild to be held accountable, programmer promised to make the owner moderator with the ability to edit information. Programmer failed to do as pro.ised over 3 months and multiple reminders.

Programmer was advised very recently by owner that he did not fulfill his deal, and he was no longer going to hide the information. Programmer added coding to allow owner to make changes as agreed upon. Owner told programmer he was going to remove top guild, and esplained:

This site was created to build friendship, comradeeie and build the server up. So long as a guild actively works to do the opposite, they will not be included. Owner is under no obligation to follow any rules, let alone the aggressors who are destroying the server over pixels, then crying in forums over that fairness of being included in a private pixel document. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Owner told programmer this information, and the response under false pretenses was to say that was fine, he does not care what is done with the information, he just wants to code it.

Owner not only linked to programmer what he did, but advised him the second guild complaining was approved awhile back. He verified this to be true. Owner also advised he took down all the information removed, so it could be added back. He was also advised owner would probably add it back today.

Owner has screenshots he can take to verify every part of this. Programmer then waited until owner went to work, banned him from his own site and finally accomplished stealing owners information, showing his lack of honesty or integrity.

For the complaints made solely from the top guild and maybe a few of their close friends, noone owes you anything.

When you dont follow any rules in game, how could you possibly be under th er false impression that the owner is under obligation to follow rules that do not exist, outside of a game whose rules you do not follow. I will update the original google doc for those who care to continue to build up the server, or think its disgusting that one guild and a power hungry ally can hijack the work and credit, to alter it to their own rules, as they are being allowed to do on the server itself.
  17. Machen New Member

I did not compare a video game to Hitler. I also did not compare TEQB to Hitler. I compared the owner of Aradune-Progress.com to a historian who edits out the portions of history he doesn't like.

You should learn how analogies work.
  18. HicksAradune Augur

tl:dr Admin of progress site with stick up his butt cos he wont get his wiz epic gets removed for being biased. Site run by an impartial person with integrity now. Thread over.
  19. a_bard_mole New Member

Cool. Thanks for confirming you had ulterior motives in creating and attempting to popularize the google Doc in the first place.
  20. Machen New Member

He can do whatever he wants with his site. No one has suggested in this entire thread that he is breaking any rules, spoken or otherwise.

But he is making his site worthless and garbage by the choices he is making.