Collection Quest Ground Spawns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gcubed, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Augur Developer

Thanks, Smash. I responded in the other thread, but just to update here as well:

There is a bugged location for the Minotaur Warfare collection on live. It will be fixed in the next hotfix.
  2. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Augur, I assume you mention the spot north-west of +534 / +1223 / -18. I tried to put a screenshot of that spot in here but Forum denied a direct paste ("... too big ...") and it's impossible to add files.

Is the schedule for the hotfix known yet?

*edit* In the mentioned collection the item "Broken Horn" still has the old appearance.
  3. Augur Developer

Yeah, that is the correct location. Here's a quick screenshot showing where the item would spawn, up in the little crevice in the yellow circle (drawn on top of screenshot, not in-game).

(I manually removed it on AB, but I won't be able to do that on all servers).

[IMG]
  4. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Jep, that's the spot. Thanks for releasing the spawns, giving them the opportunity to spawn at another location.
  5. Augur Developer

We don't have a hotfix scheduled yet, so I can't give a timeline for this bug fix yet. Sorry!

Thanks for catching the Broken Horn visual bug. That appears to be the only one that wasn't updated, but let me know if you see any more.
  6. smash Augur

Another valley 1425, neg 67 on AB
    You can get fairly close, but it is just out of reach
    correction, if you change to big form and mount, you can reach it
  7. Malbro Augur

Yep, it's that way on Luclin also. There is another spot close to the palisade by a tree stump that I bugged also. Spawn was on the wall but outside the zone boundary.
  8. Renaan New Member

Well, thought they were all fixed in CH, but there's one at 435.13, 598.82, -90.67

Necromancer area, facing due north, above the door and unreachable.

Till these are fixed would be great to get zones repopped :(
  9. Maereax Augur

Thank you for your hard work. Personally, collectibles are one of my favorite parts of the new expansion
    Sinestra likes this.
  10. Augur Developer

Are you able to remember where it was and post coordinates here? It sometimes takes a little while for bug reports to get to me (they go to QA), and I'd love to test this and get it fixed so it's ready if a surprise hotfix happens.

Thanks, Maereax. I really appreciate the kind words, and am glad to hear you're enjoying the collectibles! It's definitely one of my favorite systems we've added to the game in awhile. I'm going to make sure that it's continued in all future zones (and have full support of the rest of the dev team for that), and hopefully even add them to some of the older zones over time.
  11. Augur Developer

Hey Renaan,

That point is actually reachable, but it might be a bit too difficult. I'll consider lowering it down a ledge to make it a bit easier, but I wouldn't consider it a bugged location.

Right now, taller races can grab it normally. Mid-sized races need to jump or levitate to grab it. Short races like Gnomes, however, need to both levitate and jump, and even then just barely make it. Be sure to rotate your camera above your character to give you the best vantage point on it.
  12. Maereax Augur

Levitate doesn't work in chapterhouse, unless I'm missing something
  13. Rasputyn Elder

Yes, this. Or we all need Augur to give us GM powers. Gtg either way really.
  14. artofnoise Augur

Do you mean running off the edge of something to gain brief altitude? Levitate disables jumping via the keymap. If Levitate effects are disabled in a zone, however, jumping is restored.

I also /salute your efforts on the Collection quests/content, Augur. This is a great way to play for those who want a break from the kill-loot-repeat grind. Every zone is an Easter egg hunt! :) I've assumed this uses a similar system as the egg quest that was in PoK/Sunrise Hills, etc. I can see all kinds of ways this could be used.
  15. Augur Developer

You are absolutely right, Maereax. My mistake. In that case, this is indeed a bugged location and I'll get in a fix for it asap.

Rasputyn guessed exactly why it happened, but unfortunately the reward for guessing correctly is not free GM powers. This time. ;)
  16. Augur Developer

Yeah, my confusion stemmed from being able to apply Levitate on my character in Chapterhouse when I tested it this morning because I had my GM flag on. It is definitely unreachable for the short races without these magical GM powers.

Thanks for the salute! I'll be sure to pass it on to the whole dev team. We designed the system as a group before implementation, and that easter egg hunt is exactly the feeling we wanted to create :) Glad to hear it's working!
  17. Rouan Augur

Augur has an appropriate name for digging around for all these bugged locations.
    Augur likes this.
  18. Trajet D'Or Augur

19. Augur Developer

These are a great bandaid fix until we can hotfix high spots like this, but just to give you all a view of our broader design goal with these: Levitate is pretty much the only tool we feel comfortable assuming the player will have access to when placing Collection Spawn points.
  20. Qbert Gallifreyan

I was actually a bit surprised there were not spawn points on the ledges above the statues in the ice room (Breeding Grounds). I got up there with rocketeer boots hoping to find some hidden up there, to no avail.